Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Invisable traces of those you love (thoth)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 22, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

After breakfast Shanodin gently pulled Alice close to her in an embrace. ''You make mommy happy... you know that right Alice?'' she said petting the girl. ''Other then Brian... and Gradius' father... nobody has actually been kind to me from the day I lost my mother. I am glad I still have a heart left. I thought I had lost it.''

Thoth

Alice had only eaten lightly, wanting to leave as much of the meal for Shanodin who she knew was hungry after her many long hours of flying, and then getting pulled in towards Shanodin, Alice blushed brightly, her face turning bright red, and hearing her speak, Alice just looked up at her with an expression of pure adoration and joy at what she had said, "That makes me so happy to hear. You deserve to be happy Mommy. You deserve to have anything and everything you want. Please, if there's anything I can possibly do for you, just name it and I'll do it right away...After all, I still haven't done nearly enough to repay you for everything you've done for me. You saved me, got tortured for me by Gradius, and flew me all this way, exhausting yourself. I can't possibly tell you how grateful I am to you for all this, so more than anything I just want to help make you as comfortable and happy as I possibly can. I would do absolutely anything for you." Alice said, then nuzzling into Shanodin's bosom very affectionately. It really was clear, Alice thought the very world of Shanodin, and more than simply loving her, idolized the woman, seeing her as the very personification of what a kind, compassionate, and loving mother should be.

SilmeriaElemred

''Exhausting myself...'' Shanodin repeated in a whisper. ''I suppose I just wanted to put as much distance between us and the mess we were in. So I will take it a little easier now. But do know Alice... mommy is not bad at fighting and will do so if it is required to keep you or both of us safe. I hope mommy will not scare you then.''

She quickly turned the stakes that had the fish on them around so the side facing the fire then would not burn. ''You are such a sweet girl...'' she spoke placing a kiss on the girls head again. ''I hope you are able to live freely with your family again. Safe.'' she paused for a moment. ''Come. Lets cut the rabbit and prepare the first steps of the stew before the flies infect the meat. And then, we could play a few games if you wish.''

Thoth

Hearing Shanodin repeat her words, Alice just tilted her head curiously, "Mommy?" Shanodin then explained that she had simply wanted to put as much distance between them and Gradius as possible, and to this Alice just nodded, "Well, okay then, and I would never be scared of you Mommy. I love you." Alice said, then nuzzling into Shanodin again.

Then, seeing Shanodin turn the stakes with the fish on them, Alice just looked on, and upon feeling Shanodin kiss her, looked up at the woman with a wide smile on her face, "I love you Mommy. I hope I can live with my family too. I just hope they're alright." Then, when Shanodin asked that they cut the meat and prepare the stew, Alice nodded happily. Shanodin then even said they could play some games, to which Alice just looked ecstatic, "That sounds like fun! Okay, I'll help you, just tell me what to do Mommy and I'll do it."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin took one of her huntingknives and handed it to Alice along with the cuttingboard after placing the girl in the proper position on her knees so the cuttingboard could rest on her lap. She took seat behind the girl puting the skinned rabbit on the board and guided Alice's hand in holding the knife. ''It is sharp. So be carefull. I do not posess any form of healing skills. None I know off anyway'' She placed Alice's free hand and held the dead creature in place before guiding the knife holding hand to make thin slices of the rabbitmeat.

Thoth

After being handed the hunting knife and then upon seeing that Shanodin was holding her, guiding her hands, Alice began to blush again, "I don't need your help Mommy, I've actually done this before you know, and don't worry, I won't cut myself. Besides, even if I did, you forget, we have the healing spring inside the Estate to heal us if either of us ever gets injured again, right?"

So, with that, Alice began cutting up the dead rabbit, moving her hands quickly, her eyes darting around the creature as she expertly carved up the little animal. As she was working, Alice laughed, "See, back when I was a slave working for those bandits you saw me with, they would usually stick me with all the menial chores, although they were nicer than some of my masters, as they really did value me for my abilities and so always tried not to injure me too much and kept me as healthy as they could. In any case, I got used to doing this kind of stuff with them while we were out in the woods between jobs."

SilmeriaElemred

((OoC: Sorry I was a bit busy with school))

''It are simply things I like doing together'' Shanodin explained with a chuckle. ''Still. It is fortunate that they valued you. Sorry for attacking them. Although then again, we are free now. I hope it is something you can get used too.''

After getting water for the stew she added herbs and the meat Alice cut. ''there we go. Now. Lets wash our hands, have some fun, and when we are tired we can sit down at the fire and have some fish. Any type of games you'd particulary like at the moment? Chase? Hide and seek? tag? Overskipping?'' it were the only games Shanodin remembered from when she was a child.

Thoth

Listening to Shanodin, Alice blushed, "Oh, well, alright then, and its okay. They may have valued my abilities, but they were still mean to me to be honest, and would still punish me whenever I displeased them. I didn't like living with them at all, but now I'm with you and I couldn't be happier." Alice said, nuzzling into Shanodin once again.

Alice helped out as best she could with preparing the food, and once they were done she listened to Shanodin as she suggested various things the two of them could do together, and Alice nodded, "I don't know...Maybe we can braid each other's hair? We're surrounded by flowers too, so I could make you a flower necklace or wreath to wear on your head. Would you like that?" Alice said, smiling widely as she hoped that Shanodin would take to her idea. They were both girls after all, and so Alice, who had been kept as a slave almost her entire life, would really like to just explore her feminine side as she had been unable to do then and simply do the kinds of things that little girls liked to do.

SilmeriaElemred

''That sounds like a wonderfull idea'' Shanodin replied and thought for a moment. ''If you like you can start braiding my hair and I will make something nice out of flowers for you in the meantime. Or would you like your hair to be done first'' she knew her own hair would despite it being rather soft, was rather tangled. ''If I manage to get my hands on some things perhaps some perfume would suit you. Before we got raided my mother tought me how to make it. Baking is very fun too'' she never had really done femenine things herself but she had liked the idea.

Thoth

Smiling widely at Shanodin's acceptance of her proposal, Alice nodded, and then, getting up, scooted over so that she was kneeling behind Shanodin at which point she began the process of braiding the woman's hair, doing so as gently and carefully as she could so as not to accidentally hurt her by pulling on her hair too hard, "Here, I'll start with your hair first. You can go around and start collecting flowers and I'll just follow behind you while I keep braiding your hair Mommy." Then, to Shanodin's offer of making some perfume for her, Alice nodded, "Alright, that sounds like it would be nice. I'd like that."

SilmeriaElemred

''I will be sure to make something nice when I am able to get the materials I need'' Shanodin assured. She had started on the flowers, deciding she'd make a chain with sturdier ones to braid into Alice's hair later. She felt actually comfortable. It was hard to recall the last time she did not feel the need of being at her toes for the slightest of sounds or being exposed. Ocassionaly a slight purr came from her throat as Alice was working on her hair. It felt strangely comforting. She supposed this was a combination of how things would be like if she indeed was a mother or had a sister.

Thoth

"Okay Mommy, I'll be looking forward to it, hee hee." Then, reaching out, Alice planted a light kiss on the top of Shanodin's head before hugging her tightly from behind, "I love you Mommy. I really do enjoy spending time with you like this, not having to worry about anything and just relaxing together. These have been some of the best days of my life, and I owe it all to you." Alice then just continued braiding Shanodin's hair, creating two long braids that once released could hang down over the woman's shoulders or behind her back. Alice was making sure to be gentle so that she wouldn't hurt Shanodin, but she couldn't be too gentle because then the braids wouldn't be tight enough and would come undone. It was a delicate balance between the two that she was having to make.

SilmeriaElemred

If it had hurt, Shanodin did not make it appear to be so. She actually enjoyed it. And being touched was usually a negative experience for her ''I love you too sweety'' She did not turn around and hugged the girl however until the braids were finished.

When it was Shanodins turn to braid Alice's hair, she first very gentle combed the girls hair with her fingers until it was silken smooth and started to softly sing a song.

''May you sail fair
To the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls
At your hands and your feet

And may you need never
To banish misfortune
May you find kindness
In all that you meet''

the song softly went on and was soon clear it was actually a lullaby. Even so Shanodin finished it and sang another as she gently braided the flowerchain she made into Alice's hair.

Thoth

Alice continued braiding Shanodin's hair, and once done then simply sighed to herself. When Shanodin then hugged her after her braids were done, Alice simply smiled, "Hee hee, I know." Then, as Shanodin began to braid her own hair, Alice at first began to gather some flowers to make into a necklace for Shanodin.

Then, when Shanodin began to sing a lullaby to her, Alice began to relax in Shanodin's arms, slowly lowering herself down and then lying down in Shanodin's lap, slowly but surely drifting off into peaceful sleep as her mother continued to braid her hair. Alice wore a smile on her face as she did so, seeming to be blissfully happy.

SilmeriaElemred

Despite Alice falling asleep Shanodin did finish the 4 strand braid she made and moved them a little closer to the fire. Moving the fish a bit more away so they would not burn and sat down placing Alice's head on her lap gently.

It was not long until she heard voices in the far distance although they were quickly gone. She listened more intensely but then concluded that since not hearing them again was something she must have imagined. That she perhaps was still a little paranoid. Her own eyes closed but did not fall asleep. Merely resting a little. Although sleep would perhaps come soon enough

Thoth

Continuing to sleep peacefully, Alice just nuzzled into Shanodin's lap as she slept there, silently enjoying her beloved mother's company as she slept blissfully in her lap. She loved Shanodin with all her heart, and would do absolutely anything for her. She was so very happy after being able to spend time with her like this. Her life before had been horrible, the girl being mistreated and abused on a nearly constant basis, but now she was so happy, just to have someone like Shanodin by her side who she knew would protect her always. Alice was grateful to Shanodin for everything she had done for her, and more than anything just wanted to do whatever was in her power to repay her for it.

SilmeriaElemred

Not hearing the sound again even after a while Shanodin dared to relax and dozed off. But awoke when the sound of dogs barking and whistles aproached. The fire was reduced to small embers and the stew was brewing. Most likely the source of the sound had seen the smoke of the fire. Or had spotted them somehow. They were after all out in the open

''Alice...'' she whispered softly trying not to sound allarmed

Thoth

After she was awakened, Alice slowly got up, looking up at Shanodin, "Hello Mommy. How are-" It was then that Alice's superhumanly keen senses picked up on the sounds of their approaching interlopers, and so, getting up completely, Alice picked up the bag and began cleaning things up, collecting the food they had been cooking into the bag, and quickly working to put out the fire.

A great many ropes had shot out of the bag and were quickly pulling everything in their camp into it. It didn't take very long at all for this task to be completed, and once it was, Alice turned to Shanodin, "Should we go? I can ride on you if you're strong enough to fly...Otherwise..." Alice turned towards the approaching intruders, "I can always try and hold them off."

SilmeriaElemred

''It should be me holding them off right? After all. A mother protects her children.'' Shanodin replied. ''I am strong enough to fly but not that far. If they have hounds then they find us again soon enough.'' It was not even certain wether these people were hostile. She saw the first ones. Her elven sight allowing her to see them clearly. ''Werewolves..'' she whispered after spotting some in their wolvenform, others in their humanform. It looked like a pack. She studied them a bit more. They were looking for something but clearly not hunting. Still. That did not mean anything. If they were hostile then running or flying would not have that much use. ''Alice, could you find a place to hide? Mommy is going to see if they are hostile or not. But I will need my bow and quiver.''

Thoth

Alice had to admit that she was somewhat nervous about allowing Shanodin to handle these individuals on her own, and wanted to do what she could to protect her, but she simply nodded, deciding that for the time being, she would allow Shanodin to handle it as she had requested, "Oh, well, alright then Mommy." Then, when Shanodin said that the enemies approaching them were werewolves, Alice got rather scared. She didn't like dogs, having long had a strong fear of them, and werewolves in particular had always frightened her.

Nodding to Shanodin when she said for her to hide, Alice took the magic bag and opened it up, climbing inside of it before closing it back up again. Once inside, she then ordered the bag to retrieve Shanodin's bow and quiver from inside of it, which it quickly did, the two items emerging from within the bag being carried by ropes, which then handed them to Shanodin.