Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Invisable traces of those you love (thoth)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 22, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin retrieved her bow and quiver. ''I will be back soon.'' she said before walking towards the group until she was in hearing range. Placing an arrow on the bow and pulled the string. Not yet releasing it.

''Halt!'' she called

A Wolf whom was in her humanform got on her feet and morphed at the sight of the arrow, protecting two cubs. Another showed its teeth but did not attack.
''At ease'' a man spoke. He was handsome and muscular with black hair having silver strands in it at some places and aproached Shanodin till a safe distance. ''We mean no harm. Just a traveling pack searching for a lost cub. Judging by your position you do not wish to fight either, you are defending.''

Shanodin looked at the man. It was true what he said and she wondered how her position gave it away.

''We were drawn to the smoke of the fire and the scent of food. We hoped that the cub would have been attracted by it too but I do not think you've seen her. We were basicly just discussing first how to aproach you but you being an elf, must have had keen hearing yourself. So. What do you say. Will you lower your weapon now?''

Shanodin looked at the packleader once more. Could she trust him? Looks deceived. She knew that all to well with Gradius. Even so. There was no way would it come to combat, that she could take down the whole pack. A minute had passed before she actually lowered her weapon and put the arrow back in the quiver.

''Now. What are two people doing out here alone. Women for that matter. There are bandits roaming through the hills. Most people who encounter them lose more then just their posessions.''

''Our business is our own.'' Shanodin simply answered. Almost asking how he knew about Alice but figured they must have picked up her scent as well.

''Fair enough.'' The man replied. ''Mind if we join you for a little?''

''I will have to ask.'' Shanodin replied and walked backwards a little before turning around to head where Alice was.
''Alice, they mean no harm. I was asked wether they're allowed to join us for a little while. It seems that they had lost a cub. If you'd rather not then I will decline their request.''

Thoth

Hearing Shanodin reassure her, Alice nodded to Shanodin with a somewhat worried expression on her face one final time before ducking her head inside the magic bag and closing it up. Then, as Shanodin conversed with the group of Werewolf interlopers, Alice sat at the entrance to the bag inside of the pocket dimension that was contained within it, listening in to the conversation that was going on. The young Nekomata had to admit that she was somewhat nervous about the whole affair, having a natural mistrust for the Werewolves due to both her own instincts, as well as some previous bad experiences she had had with their kind.

Then, as the conversation continued and it appeared, at least on the surface that they meant no harm, Alice didn't know what to think. Alice got quite nervous when the leader revealed that he knew of her presence. Still, could she trust them? Her instincts told her they were still hiding something, but the fact that there were cubs with them would seem to go against any suspicions that they had nefarious intentions. Finally, when Shanodin asked if she could come out, Alice did so, opening up the bag and climbing out of it with the help of a rope that was wrapped around her waist and had been holding her in place while she was inside the bag.

Once she was out, Alice approached Shanodin and took her hand, hiding behind her. To Shanodin's question, Alice replied, "If you're fine with it I'll be alright." The girl said, trying to be strong for her mother. In truth she was still somewhat uncomfortable around them, but she didn't want to be needlessly rude, and what's more didn't want Shanodin to think badly of her.

SilmeriaElemred

''They are more defensive then offensive. Basicly just like me. If they had harm intended then they could have done so.'' she assured the girl. Together with the girl although did not force Alice in front her. ''You may join us for a little while.'' she said.

The man nodded and looked kindly at Alice and then Shanodin. ''Thank you. It will not be most of us since most including me will be looking for the cub. I teach and demand of my pack they are respectfull to people. No harm will be inflicted.'' he assured

''Just do not expect me to babysit'' Shanodin said.

''I did not expect that at all. The name is Quicksilver. Or Gabriel in this form.''

Shanodin did not reply causing the wolf to shrug and returned to the pack. A white wolf with a couple of cubs aproached Shanodin and Alice but morphed to their human forms soon enough. Except for one, which the woman, formaly the white wolf picked up. ''Thank you. This place is easy to meet but being in two seperate camps, we figured we'd ask to avoid suspicion. Since you seem so alert most of the time.''

''You are?'' Shanodin asked. Wondering how long they had actually been watched.

''My name is Celestial. The eldest child of Quicksilver and Blue. I will watch the cubs while others are looking for the missing one.''

One of the cubs looked at Alice. ''Would you like to play with us?'' she asked. The girl did not look older then a 4 year old

Thoth

Listening to Shanodin explain that the Werewolves were peaceful, and then reminding her that if they had really meant to harm them they could have easily, Alice just nodded. She was still somewhat nervous around them, wondering if they would take an equal dislike of her once they realized her species as a Nekomata, which was of course a kind of Catperson, the natural enemies of Werewolves like them.

As Shanodin and the leader of the pack, who identified himself by the name Quicksilver, conversed, Alice just hung back, standing behind Shanodin and looking on nervously. Then, after he returned to his pack, another wolf approached them, only this one had a few different cubs with her. This woman also introduced herself, naming herself as Celestial and explaining that she was Quicksilver's eldest child.

Then, when one of the cubs approached her specifically, Alice shrunk back, but looked on at the girl, who seemed quite friendly. She then realized that this was actually the first time in a very long time, years actually, that she had gotten the chance to interact with other children since prior to being saved by Shanodin she had been a slave and was always around her adult masters. Nodding to the cub girl, Alice slowly moved out from behind Shanodin's legs and approached her, then speaking in a quiet voice, "What would you like to do?" she asked.

SilmeriaElemred

''No hide and seek. Having to find one cub is already bad enough'' Celestial noted before the girl made a suggestion.

''Like to chase butterflies or tag?'' she suggested after thinking
''Or roll down the hill and run up again until we're tired and snuggle against the adults'' a boy cub said with a wide smile.
''We can do what she likes. We must not wonder off to far after all.''
''Whaaaah'' the smallest one gazed in amazement. And reached out but did not touch the flowers Alice had in her hair. ''Pretty'' she sniffed a little too from where she was. ''Smells nice too.''

''Wait... no growling?'' Shanodin asked.
Celestial laughed for a brief moment. ''We smelled she is a Nekomata a while back. But we tend to be accepting and tolerant. Kids are kids.  And mimic their parents. If children are taught that some breeds of creatures are enemies, they will never know how fun it is interacting with them. I do note we may be an exception for this though. So if you encounter other werewolves or a whole pack I recommend caution.''

Thoth

Alice glanced over to Celestial when she said that they couldn't play Hide and Seek. Truly she probably wouldn't like to play that game anyway being as Werewolves like them had exceptional senses of smell, even better than her own, and would probably find her very easily if she were to be the one hiding. So, to Celestial's condition Alice simply nodded in compliance.

Hearing the suggestions that the Werewolf children gave, Alice thought them over before coming to a decision, "How about we play Tag. I'm pretty good at that game." It was true. With her Superhuman Agility and Intangibility, Alice was very good at games like tag. Then, noticing the little girl admiring the flowers in her hair, Alice spoke, "Perhaps later I can braid your hair too and make flower jewelry for you like mine."

SilmeriaElemred

The girl nodded exitingly. ''I will be the one tagging first so you better all run!'' she said.

Shanodin watched them play before sitting down. Celestial joined her. ''You are still on your toes. Never learned to relax?'' she asked

''Not quite.'' Shanodin admitted.

''Pity...'' Celestial made sure all cubs where still near enough. Not another word was spoken until the wolf spoke up again. ''What would you have done if we were a hostile pack?'' she asked.

Shanodin smiled as she looked at Alice and the cubs playing tag. The cubs to her suprise not cheating once by morphing. Those who showed they were about too where being notified of it. ''I can morph into something else. Would that have been nessesary I would've done so rather then an actual fight.'' she admitted.

''So you are protecting someone while lacking the ability to do so. When possible work a little on your stamina. Learn how to protect yourself first as well. Only then will you be capable of protecting her and others.''

Shanodin knew Celestial was right although that did not mean that she liked hearing the words. ''I know.'' she said eventually.

''Also... there are traces of very foul magic still residing in you. I do not know where you are heading but I hope it is sanctuary. They have the means of healing you and getting the rest of those magic traces out of your system.''

''How do you know about the magic?'' Shanodin asked.

Celestial tapped a side of her nose. ''I can smell it. If you regenerate fast enough it should be gone sooner or later by itself but judging by your appearing health, fysique and overal condition, you are restoring from a lot of abuse already and pushing yourself. Rest up well first after finding a safe place to stay. You are no good to that nekomata dead.''

Thoth

Hearing the little girl say that she wanted to be "it" first, Alice nodded and began running. She too could morph of course, but since none of the others were, she didn't either. She also decided not to use her intangibility power, since doing so would give her an unfair advantage over the others. Of course, that didn't mean she couldn't use her exceptional speed, which rivaled even the werewolf children's. As a nekomata, Alice was exceptionally fast, and truthfully, when one considered all of the different powers that she had at her disposal, the simple fact that was when comparing them, Alice was actually stronger than Shanodin, even if she was less experienced due to her being a child. What's more, the true limits of her power had not yet even been truly tested, for Alice actually possessed another, hidden gift, one which was lying dormant deep within her, waiting to be activated when it was needed.

For the time being however, Alice simply enjoyed playing with the other children, something she had never truly gotten the chance to do in her entire life due to having grown up a slave owned by various masters. She enjoyed this quite a bit, and so as she and the children all played together, Alice simply resigned herself to enjoy the sense of joy and peace that it seemed to bring her.

Continuing to run around, Alice bounced off of trees, leapt off of rocks, and showcased her truly exceptional agility and all around speed. What's more, she was exceptionally flexible and even good at leaping, so on the few occasions that the little girl got close to her, she would always manage to slip away somehow, either by simply leaping away or by curving her body so as to remain just out of the girl's reach.

SilmeriaElemred

Despite Alice's obvious advantage, the wolf pups had no less fun. As a matter of fact it was something they liked since it was a challange. After a while due getting used to Alice's movements the little girl managed to tag the Nekomata and ran away giggling before the favor could be returned to her.

--
Shanodin was thinking about Celestials words. Regretting them to be true. Perhaps a few days of rest. Sanctuary after all was in the opposite direction they were currently heading too. Indeed. She could not be of use to Alice dead. Perhaps she had no choice to rely on the girls help for a couple of days. Foodwise anyway.

''I will take on your advice and rest a little.'' she said.

Celestial nodded once and slow. ''It would be better if you would head to Sanctuary but I suppose that if you could have done so you had.''

There was a howl from one of the directions the searching pack had scattered too.
''Found the missing pup?'' Shanodin asked.

''Just the scent. Meaning the others will head over there and retrieve the pup'' Celestial replied. It was clear she wished to help find the pup but her orders were clear and that was to babysit the other pups while the rest was looking.

''The Nekomata looks happy. Thats a good thing. Do you let her play with kids more often?''

Shanodin shook her head. ''I think she did not have a chance to play with other kids thus far in her life'' she admitted but was not certain.

Thoth

Alice had been doing her best running around avoiding the little girl, trying to keep her from tagging her, but after a while of doing this the girl seemed to have adapted to her movements and tagged her, and so, now, with her being it, Alice began running around trying to tag the other children. She kept on running, leaping up onto a tree and pressing off of it to launch herself through the air at a very high velocity, traveling straight over one of the other children, a boy cub, whom she tagged as she passed over him, then grabbing onto a branch of a tree  as she reached it and swung herself around, landing on the ground and then dashing away from the boy she'd just tagged, making him the new "it."

Alice then simply continued running, dashing all around to avoid being tagged by the boy as she continued playing tag with the werewolf children. Truly, Alice was having quite a bit of fun, and was having the time of her life here playing them all like this. She really couldn't remember the last time she had ever had this much fun, probably because to her knowledge, she never had.

SilmeriaElemred

Celestial looked at Shanodin closely. ''You were slaves weren't you.'' she stated although seemed certain enough by her words. ''Or at the very least abused. Escaped or released.''

''I'd rather not talk about it if you do not mind.'' Shanodin replied.

''Forgive me...'' The white wolf stopped speaking as she saw Shanodin shook her head. ''You are curious I get it.'' she assured. Her eyes then fell on the bag. Thus far she actually did not have personal interaction with it like Alice had, and had wondered for a while wether if she could retrieve things from it. That way she would no longer have to continuesly ask Alice to get it for her.

She reached the bag carefully till her fingers softly touched it.

Thoth

Even while she was playing with the other children, Alice was secretly listening in to the conversation between her and Celestial. She did after all have superhuman hearing, so it wasn't like it was at all difficult to overhear them. When Celestial asked Shanodin about them being slaves, Alice stopped, and slowly approached a nearby tree, clinging to it as she looked on at Shanodin a ways in the distance. She knew that that question would bother her, but Shanodin seemed to handle it fairly well.

Continuing to listen to them, Alice gulped and then slowly stepped out from behind the tree and approached Shanodin. Truthfully she had tired herself out a bit, and spending too much time away from her beloved mother was distressing to her, so approaching Shanodin, Alice ran up and then grabbed her hand, clinging to her side as she often did. She nuzzled affectionately into Shanodin's side and then spoke in a quiet voice, "I overheard you guys talking Mommy. Also, I'm kind of tired, so, can I be done playing now? Mommy, how are you feeling?"

Then, looking and seeing Shanodin reaching for the bag, Alice knelt down and picked it up, handing it to her, "Do you want me to show you how to use it? If you need help figuring out any of the commands for it I'd be more than willing to help you Mommy."

SilmeriaElemred

''I think it would be usefull if I knew how it works.'' Shanodin said as she gently patted Alice's head. ''Mommy is alright.'' she assured. Surely Celestials words were both welcome and not. But she figured that

The Werewolf cubs had their fair share of playing too and cuddled op beside, around, and on Celestial who affectionally caressed each and every one of them. ''Perhaps...'' she looked at Alice. ''you can teach your mother that she can not do everything yet for you. You heard what I told her. Some things I said were perhaps a bit out of place but know that out in the world people can use it against you. All of it. And they will. I do not know what horrors you two have been through. But I do hope you two can keep one another safe. For now I suggest to find a place safe from the weather and not in a camp or settlement. Bandits roam these hills on occasion. It would be a waste of they'd offer shelter and appear kind and then take you away somewhere. Do not trust anyone, but yourself. That is how you survive the longest when you have no pack to rely on''

Shanodin wondered multiple times whilest being with Celestial, what the werewolf's game was. But it was actually a rather simple one; a pack looked after their own. The weak die, the strong live. And took the most logic approach to survive.

''You enjoyed playing with them. I could see that. I am glad you did'' she said to Alice. Still caressing the girl.

Thoth

Listening to Shanodin tell her that she indeed wanted to know how the bag worked, and then listening as she told her that she was alright, Alice smiled and cuddled up to her, nuzzling herself affectionately against Shanodin's side. Then, turning and listening to Celestial as she spoke to her, Alice just sat in Shanodin's lap and listened to the woman speak. After she was done, Alice finally spoke, "Well alright." She took the bag in hand, pointing the mouth of it outward, "I believe I told you already, the bag is sentient, and is able to establish a telepathic connection with the one using it. Giving it commands by thinking them, usually simple words controls it. First, you'll want to control its size to allow it the proper room to perform whatever task you're thinking of, in which case you can give it the order of "grow" or "shrink." Observe." Alice thought the word "grow" and the bag indeed enlarged in size, growing longer, its mouth growing bigger, something that was obviously necessary for larger items to be removed from it.

"Next you'll want to either take in or eject and item from the bag, which can be done in two ways. You can either first think of the item either outside or inside of the bag that you want, and then think the word, "retrieve" in which case it will do this..." Alice again demonstrated, by thinking the specified word, at which point a rope shot out of the bag and picked up a nearby stick, pulling it back into the bag's mouth before then emerging again and handing it to Alice, who them simply dropped it.

"The other manner is what you saw me use to attack Gradius back at the palace, and is performed by giving it either the command of "attract" or "repel." Alice then lifted herself off of Shanodin and demonstrated once again, first making the bag attract objects to it, which it did by creating a very powerful sucking vortex of wind that began pulling in random forest debris into the bag's mouth. She then gave it the command "repel" at which point another vortex was created, only one blowing outward instead of sucking in, at which point all of the debris that had been sucked in by the first vortex was shot out of the bag at a very high velocity.

Alice then turned back to Shanodin, "There is also one final command, "lock" but honestly that one is rather dangerous to use. It causes the bag's mouth to seal up tight and for the bag itself to then take on its full weight. That means that the full weight of everything inside the bag, even including the massive palace, is then applied to it, and the bag will come crashing to the ground with a tremendous amount of force. This makes it virtually impossible to lift and can be used as either a security measure, or an attack by positioning the bag above an opponent when it is used."

Alice then sat back down in Shanodin's lap and handed her the bag, "Here, that's everything on how to use it Mommy."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin nodded. The bag was usefull, she knew but deep inside she kindof feared the bag would reject her. The fear could have been misplaced but magic objects tend to fear her a little. Actually most magic did.

''It is a usefull bag. Did you actually say mansion?'' Celestial looked at the bag. It was barely big enough to hold a foldable dollhouse but she smiled. ''Magic always amazes people. Even those who have everything. At least if this is indeed sentient it at the least can not be stolen easy if at all.''

There was another howl in the distance and Celestial turned into her wolf form, returning the howl. ''They will be back soon with the cub.''

''Is the cub alright?'' Shanodin asked.

''I am not sure. I will know when she is brought back.'' she replied.

Thoth

Having finished with explaining the bag's functions to Shanodin, Alice then just cuddled up further into the woman's lap, clearly enjoying Shanodin's company quite a bit. She didn't even notice the fear that Shanodin was feeling, being currently blissfully unaware of it.

"It's really more of a palace than a mansion, and yes, it's in there. There's even a healing spring inside of it that we use when we're injured." Then, when Alice heard the howl in the distance she latched onto Shanodin and cuddled up with her more.

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin gently stroked Alice's head and hair making sure not to damage the wreath of flowers and the braids and smiled affectionatly.

Celestial clearly had trouble imagining that there was a palance in that bag. But the cubs were impressed. ''A palance?'' The youngest of the girls asked who was amazed wbout the wreath ealier. ''Does that mean you two are princesses or something?''
''No way.'' One of the boy cubs said.
''Well, palaces are the homes of princes, princesses, kings and queens and their loving servants.'' the girl replied witty.
''Excuse my little Maevis... she is a little obsessed with fairy tailes.'' the boy spoke with a deep sigh.

Celestial chuckled. Still that, and a healing spring is usefull. Surely is what kept Shanodin alive here over the time.'' at least that part was clear for her now.

Thoth

Alice felt quite comfortable and in a state of total bliss while lying there in her beloved mother Shanodin's lap, and upon feeling Shanodin gently stroking her head, Alice just craned her neck out and actually let out a purring noise, before then nuzzling into Shanodin affectionately.

Hearing the little girl's question, Alice then glanced over and actually giggled a bit, finding the question to be quite amusing. Considering that both of them had spent essentially their entire lives as slaves, they were about as far from royalty as one could get.

Sighing, she just shrugged, "I just have this bag because we managed to take it when we...left out old lives." She said after pondering how to correctly phrase her statement so as not to reveal the exact nature of their previous status, "Its our home now, and is where we live when Shanodin isn't flying us around."

SilmeriaElemred

''Flying?'' Celestial asked.

''I have the ability to take on a Griffin form. It is quite usefull'' Shanodin replied as she lovingly continued gently patting and stroking Alice.

''I see. '' she looked at Alice not questioning Shanodin or the girl further. She smiled serenly instead and it was not until closer howls and the packleader Quicksilver was back she looked in the direction of her family. On his back was a young cub whom looked a little tired and messy. But alive. ''Is he alright?'' Celestial asked.

''He ate some toxic berries but not enough to kill him. Fortunatly.'' Quicksilver replied. Celestial sighed with relief. ''If not to much to ask... do you think you could heal him?'' she asked Shanodin.

''I have no abilities magic wise to heal him but there should be herbs that I can use to make a drink from to get the toxins out.'' Shanodin said.

''Well you are young. Healing magic should be with your Griffin morph I think but if you have not yet discoverd such gifts then the herbs would sound like a good alternative.''

Shanodin nodded and looked at Alice. ''Sweety, mommy needs a few minutes to pick some herbs alright?'' she said before bending forward to place a kiss on Alice's forhead.

Thoth

Internally Alice couldn't help but wonder to herself for a moment if Shanodin would get mad at her for basically revealing the information that she transformed into a flying creature, but it seemed that the woman didn't mind it at all. Feeling Shanodin continuing to pet her, Alice just nuzzled into Shanodin again quite affectionately.

Alice then just continued to lay there in her loving mother's lap, enjoying the intimacy the two of them were sharing, that is until she heard the sounds of the wolves returning, at which point she looked up curiously, seeing Quicksilver returning with a young cub on his back. Then, just sitting in Shanodin's lap and listening, Alice sat up fully, but moved so that she was indeed actually sitting in Shanodin's lap, at which point she turned and hugged Shanodin close to her.

Sitting silently as the adults conversed amongst themselves, Alice then got up fully when Shanodin asked her to, but then looked over at Quicksilver and Celestial, "Uh...um...there's a healing spring inside the palace that's located in the bag. We could try using that to heal him...It doesn't work as well on poison as actual injuries, but it'll help to stabilize him while Shanodin is preparing the herbal drink."