Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ethereal-Star's Art Thread

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 01, 2014, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Pictures of some of my characters that I have drawn. I am far from being a fine artist so don't expect wonderful masterpieces.

Dilwen

Ari

Hazel

Admar

MORE TO COME

Ethereal-Star

Picture of Blodwen, my flower nymph. Really, it's just a basic sketch of her camouflaging ability to blend in with her environment, in this case a pink rose which the background is of. The rose pic is NOT mine, I don't know who the artist is for that, but just saying. The sketch over top however is what I did to depict my character. I went over the pencil sketch with a black sharpie.

Ethereal-Star

Drawing of Sah-lora, visualspice's character that I drew for her art exchange last December.
So, @visualspice in case you wanted to see the picture again, here she is! Again, it's not spectacular, but it works so I am okay with how it turned out.

A drawing of Layana is also coming for you spicy as soon as I post that one on Photobucket. Plus the Gambler in the famous haystack scene, but I haven't drawn that one yet. But I'll get to it!

Ethereal-Star

@visualspice

Here's Layana, complete with hair accessories!

Hope you like!

Ethereal-Star

A couple black and white sketches of some characters from an art book I have titled "Creating Fantasy Art" by Steve Sims. These are done with the character template instructions in that book. I think they turned out pretty great, although the mouth on the Ice Queen looks a bit weird though.

Female Warrior (black and white)

Ice Queen (black and white)

Ethereal-Star

A much better picture of Dilwen, my storm mage healer half-breed, if I do say so myself.

She's depicted wearing her guild attire here.

Sketched this the other night. Hair is done with both colored pencils and gel pen.

visualspice

Nice job on all the details with your recent drawings! Keep at it! I can't wait to see what more you'll be posting!

And thanks for the drawing of Layana :D
SHE LOOKS SO SUPER CUTE *_*
Lovin' that hair and the flowers in it X3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Thanks spice! I'm so glad you like her. And thank you also for the compliments on the other drawings. The female warrior and ice queen were definitely not quick sketches as they took a LONG time to do. But worth it in the end. I still need to color some copies of them, since I wanted more than one copy to both color and leave as is but didn't want to have to keep redrawing it so I photocopied the drawings when I finished them.

Oh and the accessories in Layana's hair are actually what you mentioned in her profile, that is sun trinkets and feathers. But they can be flowers too, if you like.  :D

Thanks again for the compliment.

Ethereal-Star

Quick(ish) sketch of my cloud nymph, Fonel traipsing among her sky home.

Ethereal-Star

Now here's an interesting picture of Violet, my rainbow spirit. It is made from pieces of colored paper cut to form a portrait. The background is scrapbook paper and the lettering is scrapbook letter stickers. Everything else was painstakingly cut, arranged and glued on.

visualspice

oh man, I understand the pain of cutting out details to fix into an image. I did a lot of holiday crafts that way that I sold this past christmas, and man- was the devil in the detail, but the crafts were fu to wokr on so it was definitely a labor of love.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

And here's a drawing of the same character, done with sharpies and a few other markers.

Doesn't she look spunky?  :D

Ethereal-Star

Thanks so much Spice! And yes, it was kind of a pain in the butt, especially the friggin eyes and pupils. And the eyebrows. Uck. But I think it turned out nice.  :)

Ethereal-Star

Picture of Brooke, my runaway character from another continent.

She's shown wearing a beige dress (the very top part that is) with a white shawl draped around her shoulders.

I used colored pencils and sharpies. Gotta love those sharpies!

Ethereal-Star

MORE ARTZ!

First up is a sketch of Chandra, my Prana Monk Warrior and goddess-descended human.

Ethereal-Star

Next up is a picture of my wood nymph Gwilwilethneth 'dancing' in the woods.

Ain't she purty?

Ethereal-Star

And then there's Pepper, the vengeful ghost. Granted it's just an outline but all things considered she 'is' a ghost. I plan on doing another picture of her, but the last one I tried I goofed on and in the trash it went. Oh well.

Ethereal-Star

And next, my night spirit Willow.

Ethereal-Star

Lastly, a new character I am about to post, Corona the day spirit!

Lots of bright colors here.

Ethereal-Star

I drew a pic of Elowen, my sun elf warrior and demon hunter. I hope I made her look fierce enough.

Here she is.