Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh lovely, the cold.

Started by Anonymous, November 30, 2005, 08:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tildia shook her head and sat up quickly. 'C...Cow?' She thaught. Ignoring the fact (or simply not knowing) that he had insulted her, she stood up and placed both of her hands over her mouth.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Tildia started to walk his way in awe, but promptly fell on her butt after slipping on a small patch of ice. Getting up again, she dusted the snow from her skirt and walked up slightly behind him.

"Im really sorry. But if you still need help-"

Her voice trailed of as she looked around to see where she was just for the sake of doing so.

"Kind of quiet here..."

Tildia gave a dumbed and innocent stare forward, then after a moment of senselessly following him, she smiled and exclaimed, "Oh my!"

Running in front of him and lacing her fingers together she giggled (with much enthusiasm I might add), "Your foot is hurt isn't it?!"

Taking a step up and looking down at Yuuki's injury, then back up at him with a proud smile, she said "I can help!"

With that, one hand lifted up a part of her skirt revealing a skinny metal and blue burlap strap on her upper thigh. It held a small burlap baggie and two teensie tiny containers full of some sort of powdery substance. Tildia took one of the containers and held it out in front of him.

"Here..." She said as if she was afraid she'd drop it. "You're to put it on open wounds. It'll numb the pain for about an hour or two. For wounds like your foot though, I suggest you take about half of it, umm... What was that word? Ya know when you put stuff in your mouth? Was it... Verbally? Yeah, you should take it verbally!"

The sentence was ended with her proud smile and closed eyes. She was probably incoherently gloating about her 'success' of the missuse of the word 'verbally'.

Anonymous

Dracel,escaping the yes of her brother, landed a few feet from the traveling humans. She settled her wings down to her sides, raised her head a few inches higher, then walked toward them....

"Hello there!My,what strange creatures you are.No fur or scales...No big wings or tails? I never knew other creatures lived in the Artic besides dragons and wolves and polar bears.My name is Dracel!Wanna be friends?"

Dracel was known for her foolish attempts for frienship.She greeted everyone as a friend, even the creatures that ate wolves. Which is why her brother never lets her make friends until he gets her approval. It was a horrible way to introuduce yourself, but Dracee thought if Wolvern didn't know, how could it hurt to try again?Wolvern, at this time, was flying farther and farther away from his sibling. His hunger and weakness covered up his keen sense of smell. The wind was growing as snow fell faster.A blizzard would be coming soon, Wolvern thought. If we don't reach a safe area soon, we will get caught in it and freeze. But if we make it, we would be terribly off course.Sniff...Sniff...Strange..Dracel's scent is getting fainter and fainter. Either she is losing body heat or she is......Crud.

Wolvern turned fully around, only to not see his sister anywhere.He started to growl, but then ceased to a whimper.

"She better not be down there...I can't see the ground now and can't land...Darn it Dracel!Why must you drag me everywhere you go..Now we might as well get caught in the blizzard!"

Wovlern gave a bloodcurdling howl that echoed through the land. This was his calling howl, to summon near by wolf dragons to him. To summon Dracel right back to her annoyed brothern...

Anonymous

Audun found himself drawn into Niaaki's sightless eyes, wasn't entirely sure what he saw.  With the failing light he found it even more difficult to see, and since no one else was around and the boy, despite seeming moderately awake was quite senseless, from the way he'd responded so far, Audun removed his glasses to get a better look.

It would take Duvak a moment to get back with the injured Yuuki anyway, Audun reasoned.  No danger in revealing himself.

Niaaki did not respond to a number of well-placed proddings that should've drawn a fairly non-painful response.  His eyes did not track any movement Audun made with his hands, and he did not seem to respond to any stimulus but the cold.

I have seen seizures like this, Audun thought, but something seemed out of place, something not quite proper.

It took a moment for Audun to come to a conclusion, and it suprised him so that he spoke aloud, "You're not physically injured at all, are you?"

With the yelling in the woods, Audun jerked unsteadily, glasses halfway to his face, but he paused--nothing happened, no one appeared, so he folded them up, dropped them into his lap, then did something quite foolish.

Audun removed one glove and, with very little hesitation, slid it into the hood and placed his bare palm to Niaaki's cheek.

Show me.

QuoteNiaaki had ended up back by the table, though he didn't sit down. He just stood there, well out of the way, close enough to have a good view, and as far as he could get from the overlord guy. His small body was tense as he stood there squeezing the life out of Butch without even realizing he was doing it. Or maybe he subconsciously thought he was strangling Yuuki. Poor doll, always getting the brunt of everything...no wonder it had so many patches and stitches: it wasn't just the vessel of his magic, but it was a sort of stress reliever, too! Yay for that!

Then the duel began, Yuuki, as usual, being Yuuki and initiating it with a little sarcasm. Niaaki's lips twitched into a smirk despite himself at the "lady" comment, but then the swords were flying, Yuuki was dodging, and--Niaaki tensed. That sword had gotten awfully close the--

And then he saw the blood on Yuuki's chest, soaking through and pooling along the thick leather, cleanly cut.

His body gave a little twitch, and he bit down hard on his lip to keep from making a sound, his fingers tightening on Butch. For a moment, he couldn't breathe. But then Yuuki stood and commented with more sarcasm, and he was smiling, a very dangerous smile...it was a fleshwound...just a scratch...okay...nothing big...he hadn't been impaled...

He released his breath and shifted nervously from foot to foot, meeting the worried look Yuuki cast his way. He swallowed. Okay, Yuuki was just playing...he knew Yuuki's body language well enough, and now he saw that Yuuki was okay, just having some fun. Alright. So far, so good. No need to worry. Yeah...

And then Yuuki went in to attack.

It was shortly after that that it happened.

Without any warning, Niaaki gave a sudden jerk and went thoroughly rigid, body stiff and tense. He didn't even have time to make a sound, no time to even know what was happening. His silver-blue eyes widened, his lips parted only slightly, but other than that, his face was completely blank, eyes unseeing.

But his body was in agony.

Pain such as he never knew was even possible blazed through every inch of his body, a white-hot razor slashing at every nerve center simultaneously. If he had been able to move, he would have been convulsing, thrashing and screaming in utmost agony, but all he could do was stand there blankly, unable to even blink, to even twitch.

And then his eyes rolled back in his head and he crumpled like an unmanned puppet, landing in a twisted heap on his side. He never moved once. The only thing way one could even tell he was still alive was the slight movement of his silver bangs as he breathed, and the vague movement of his chest.

Audun himself felt the pain Niaaki had experienced, momentarily, felt his own mind seize briefly, then fell back with a cry, which he managed to muffle with the empty glove.  With contact broken the vision ended, but Audun had seen enough, now sitting on his rear in the snow and staring blankly at the boy.

Audun eventually replaced the glove, got back up onto his toes, sitting on his heels, and wrapped his arms around himself against the encroaching cold.  He almost forgot the glasses, cast about for them in the snow, cleaned them as best he could and replaced them before looking to the woods at further sounds and hoping for Duvak's swift return, Yuuki and small creature and quiet woman in tow.  They would not, obviously, all fit on the sled, but worse to worse Audun and the woman would walk to the village.

Audun looked back to Niaaki and stared into the unresponsive eyes for a long time.  Is this beyond my skill?

Anonymous

The pain is Atachii’s bottom was quickly outweighed by the cold of being in a sitting position in the snow. As soon as she touched the ground, her body shook, her head jarred. The slight breeze chilled her to the bone, beating against with a small child’s hands, and it seemed as if her entire body was bruised and battered, the slightest breath shattering it. She hated the cold. It was stupid to have come out into it of her own free will. And look what it had gotten her: A sore ass and the sniffles. She breathed in heavily, trying to prevent her nose from running too much. This was just wonderful.

It was too late when she noticed the stranger, a woman who seemed just a bit tilted, running up from the edge of the trees. Her mind processed the woman’s trajectory, her speed, her ignorance, apparent fascination with Yuuki, and the deadly ice, whom she had recently fallen victim to, a moment too late. By the time she had drawn in a breath to warn to woman to stop, she slid forward, her feet skidding as the ice laughed and enjoyed the sweet vengeance it was having on the idiots who had decided to wander out into the Arctic today.

Atachii saw a chain reaction break out before her, each person a domino in the effect. The woman cascaded forward, landing squarely on Yuuki’s broken foot, how lucky. Yuuki, in a sudden and unexpected copious amount of pain, threw back his head, pain emanating from him in the form of verbal noise. His head connected with her own, and she heard the crack as it hit and pain shot through her eyes and teeth, racing through her like a lightning bolt. A short scream ripped from her lips, twisting to become the foulest word she knew before it could finish. Eyes slammed shut, face contorted with pain; she attempted to duck farther into the snow to escape it. After a few torturous moments it became a dull and smoldering ache behind her eyes, something she knew would probably linger for the next half hour.

Yuuki’s words of a bovine label brought Atachii back to what was going on around her. Slowly, she stood from the snow, one hand brushing the frozen water from her clothing, the other spread across the back of her head to try and hold in the dull and numbing feeling. As she straightened out, pulling hair from her face as her hood had not managed to stay in place during the last few minutes, she saw the unknown woman slip and fall yet again. Silently, she shook her head in disbelief at the utter lack of brain function the girl must have as Atachii watched her follow Yuuki around like a lost, love-struck puppy.

The bubbly giddiness in the atmosphere was enough to kill someone.

She wanted to slap the girl, and tell her she should go back to work so she could save up to buy a brain. Then again, Atachii was in no state to be arguing with anyone. A sudden feeling of exhaustion washed over her, hitting her like a wave and creeping up through her like poison. She felt drained, enough so that the creature which she had previously been trying to evade could land not far away without any notice. Her voice was cutting, and snapped like the wind as she answered the winged thing’s proclamation of friendship.

“No, I do not want to be friends.�

Atachii turned and began walking in the direction the man had carried Niaaki. Her head turned and she stared at Yuuki a moment, watching him limp around their small group. Her eyes scanned the girl as she pulled out her “medicine� and her vibrant green eyes rolled back at her use of the word ‘verbally’. This was really quite pathetic. Standing a foot or so away from Yuuki and his worshipper, she looked into the pale gray sky. It must have been a full moon that night.

“Please tell me we get to leave soon.�

Atachii was cold, hungry, and quite prepared for a good rest. She could also use something to deal with the cold she knew was setting in. Right now, she couldn’t have gotten away from the snow faster.

Anonymous

Dracel's ears drooped a bit, but they soon were straight. She was a very determined pup.

"How about aquatinces?Um..pals..buddies?Or friends who hate each other!Can we play too!"

She sat on her haunches,with her usual silly grin on her face. As long as big brother doesnt know, she thought, I can play for hours! Though Wolvern did know. He was close enough to the ground to see a bit of Dracel and the others.

"I could attack now but that group is too big. Maybe growl and bark a bit. That always worked on the polar bears when we protected our food. But I also must take in their size. From up here, they are too small to figure out. Going down there with death on my mind might be the last thing on my mind. Plus I must not anger my sister, Dracel.Fine..you win. I'll be a good brother and wait for them to make the first attack.

Wolvern soared down to a tree that was a few feet behind Dracel. He sat on the highest branch, carefully watching the scene. Though my mind is still curious why these creatures are here, Wolvern thought. I can tell they are not adapted to this weather and probably coming from a far land. If I let any of them live, I must ask why they are here...

Anonymous

(uhh, Keir likes cursing. so there's cursing. there would be more but i didn't think i should go over the top xD)

It was so cold. Why was she out here? God, it was those stupid birds. That's why she was out here... Freezing her fucking ass off, following stupid birds, with stupid stupid memories pulled to the surface. This was not her day, not her day at all. Because those unbidden memories just wouldn't leave. They'd be gone a second and then they'd rise.

It was because the frigid severity of the arctic beckoned memories to surface, to rise above the present. To remind her of the winter that was the turning point in her life. And so, for a second she went numb, and she felt the images of that woman flash in front of her eyes. That stupid wench. That bitch. That slut, that bedamned whore of a mother! And her face reddened, no longer rosey because of the wind, but crimson out of rage. Her fists clenched and her face was contorted, firm and hard with the impending eruption, the pressure that rose from inside and began it's way up, ascending her throat as she threw back her head.

"THAT BITCH!" She screamed at the sky, at a person who'd never hear, an icey wind stealing the word away as it danced along the vast tundra that she damned.

She hoped that woman was begging for mercy, bleeding to death, in such pain she wanted an early death. She hoped she was pleading, and crying, asking for some forgiveness she didn't deserve. She hoped that woman was given nothing, but the cruelest of smiles that showed she was nothing; an empty, dirty husk of a supposed person. She hoped that her killer sliced her into thin, thin strips, skinned her alive. Keir then hoped that as her death had finally overcome her that she'd rot in the deepest of hells, tortured and forever in agony. That woman didn't deserve Keir's sympathy. She never would.

But those stupid birds were flying farther and farther away, having been startled by her outraged cry. And she followed, stumbling into the snow, her boots thrust deep into the chill. Her eyes spun with the glimpses of what those birds saw, and as she hurled herself past in a staggering run she felt as if she too could fly. Like she was being carried above the ground, above the hightest of things - but she wasn't. She was still on the ground, a running fourteen year old leaving behind her rage.

"GET BACK HERE! Come backkk! YOU DIRTY FLYING RODENTS! GET YOUR ASSES BACK HERE!" She shrieked at the top of her lungs but they only doubled back and circled her head and flew onwards.

She was left to follow once again and by the time they slowed and fluttered lazily over head she was doubled over, panting. Her eyes burned with the images, how they showed her there was a man and two woman, the man was injured and some beast and how there was another beast higher up, flying. The images fluttered through her brain in a hazey process, her chest heaving and her muscles and body burned with the warmth of her previous exertion. While she was dressed warm, the others didn't seem to be. At least not the man.

What the hell were more people doing on the arctic? What the hell was wrong with them? Or even her for being here?

"What the fucking hell is that?!" She snarled as she finally stood, pointing at the thing, Dracel.

The birds were black and of various sizes, 8 of them were ravens, but 6 of them were larger, with bright red eyes as they soared above with sharp glinting talons. They called and cawed in their hoarse voices, their raven companions cawing afterwards in a chorus as they fluttered about, circling Keir mostly. She was their charge, and it was almost too clear their possession of her, with a singular black feather entwined with her hair. She was quite clearly their friend.

(sorry if the post sucks XD i had fun doing it though)

Anonymous

All Yuuki could do was limp away and keep his face from crumpling into a clear scowl, the person in the distance that was obviously a man couldn’t get here fast enough to help him on his way to the doctors… Or whatever he was. Yuuki rolled his eyes and sighed loudly at the girl. No, of course she didn’t hurt his foot, he just felt like screaming in pain when she landed on it for no particular reason. Stupid little chit. He heard a distinct ‘umph’ of someone falling over again and he assumed it was that girl without looking back confirm it, her popping up in front of him after he stopped and waited, balancing on his good foot. His dark blue eyes, which looked black since he was looking down at her, were slits and had near loathing swimming in them. The giggle is what made his jaw dropped and his eyes widen. Dear goddess of Ice and snow! She was worse then those drow! At least they wanted to yell and be asses! This little chit was giggling and… and… Yuuki wanted to turn into an ice cube. Yuuki managed to close his mouth and just stare, fighting the urge to push her our of his way to get to the man who was now at least three centimeters big in the distance.

�You can help? Help what? Help it fall off?!�

Yuukis reply was snappy and grouchy and his expression matched his words, the dragon wolf didn’t help matters much. Friends? Now? Nuh-uh. Yuuki turned around slightly and looked at the wolf-dragon-winged thing.

�Hey, I’ll be your best friend in the entire world if you eat her!�

Yuuki jabbed a thumb towards Princess and then turned to look at her again, with her skirt up and reching for something. Wow, her hiding places were so great, the thigh. Wow. Yuuki looked at her leg for a second before looking at the vial. Ah, no. Yuuki blinked and wanted to cry. Where was she from? Who the hell could raise something like this?! Was usually an animal who figured out how to turn human and decided to pick up guys like that? Yuuki stared at her lips for a moment while she talked and then over her head to the figure who was getting closer and closer, thank goddess. Yuuki took a tentative step back and hissed in pain before he got his balance right.

�Look, I don’t want to be an evil prick, but can you just stop trying to help me?!�

This was in all but a yell and Yuuki couldn’t help but wave his arms around while he did the yelling and looking hopefully at the man over her shoulder. Faster, go FASTER DAMMIT! Yuuki sighed in relief when the fellow came about with the dog sled, he looked towards the girl whom he hadn’t noticed beside him (who happened to be Atachii) and nodded. She must be sane, or going crazy. Yuuki was settled onto the sled and had just pulled Atachii onto his lap before noticing the birds flying over head. The hell? And, was that cursing? Yuuki was about to yell out to her to follow them to the best of her ability before, Duvak was his name? Got them to go. Yuuki waved happily towards Princess then a little more seriously at the cursing girl who instantly stole his heart. He could sense another sibling things going on, and maybe a little matchmaking. Yuuki took a moment to giggle maniacally in his head, it wasn’t a manly thing to giggle, so that’s why he didn’t do it aloud.

The ride to the village was cold and once he was there he all but tossed Atachii off of his lap, it wouldn’t be nice to let an un-annoying lady walk to the village alone would it? But since Niaaki was much more important then Atachii he looked at Duvak and impatiently waited for the helpful arm rest so he didn’t have to kill his foot more. With Duvak helping him into the tent, Yuuki looked around until he spotted Niaaki, whom he rushed over to and collapsed beside. A pale cold hand brushed against Niaakis forehead and Yuuki sighed slightly and looked towards Audun.

�He’s going to be okay, right?�

Anonymous

((O_o  I think one of us got confused somewhere, Draconian.  However, easily dealt with.))

Audun turned to face Yuuki, and glared.  Of course, it failed, seeing as the glasses blocked off the narrowing of his eyes and the effective paternal I-know-what's-good-for-you stare, but he managed to knit thin eyebrows together in an interesting fashion that might've conveyed the message.  Before he said anything, he found a blanket with his hands and pushed it off on Yuuki, as Duvak quietly stoked the fire in the pit in the center of the tent (a great affair made of some massive sort of animal bone and expanses of stretched skin, all packed with snow on the outside) and made sure of proper ventilation--Audun had insisted on it in the past.

"I'm not entirely certain what ails him, other than the cold; there is no immediately apparent reason for him to be in such a state, but I have yet to examine him thoroughly."  Don't let him see your doubt, and Audun sat quietly thankful for his dark glasses.  This time Audun found a soft, pillowy sort of prop, motioning his intent to prop the foot to examine it to Yuuki before pulling a rugged knife from somewhere and setting it within easy reach.  "I'd prefer to cut th is boot off is possible; it woudl do the least amount of damage.  And could you tell me what happened?  With your friend, and yourself; it will help me treat both of you."  Before Yuuki could respond, he turned to the others, and gave a bit of a huff and a sigh, glad that the tent he'd been gifted was appropriately large to practice his arts in; now it seemed rather full.

Audun's dour, serious looked twisted up into a wry smile, he quirked one eyebrow, and said in a light voice, "Anyone else will need to get in line."

Rhindeer

[Oops, seems I posted while you did, Raidho! Oh well! It looks like it worked out anyway! XD]

Niaaki indeed didn't respond to any of Audun's proddings, nor did he respond to his voice. Inside, though, it was utter misery as, over time, he began to understand more and more. Perhaps the warmth helped; as his body was no longer so concerned with keeping him from the clutches of hypothermia, it could focus on repairing other things. Or, perhaps, it had something to do with the fact that his brain wasn't quite so frozen anymore...

Someone was poking him. Or...just generally doing something to him...he didn't know what or why, or who was doing it, and it did nothing to ease his anxiety. Not to mention that it hurt like hell, given the sensitive state of his nerves. Thank Gods it was only poking...that didn't hurt as much as being shifted around and transported, but it was still enough to make him yelp and squirm if he'd been able to. He could feel himself growing increasingly panicked. Gods, where was he? Who was this...? What was happening to him? What was wrong with him? He tried to move, tried to will himself to open his eyes--though they were already opened, just sightless--but he couldn't do anything. He was forced to endure the painful proddings which shouldn't have otherwise hurt, but did now...his skin felt sensitive and achy all over...

He could hear a voice...that same voice that he'd heard a few moments before...and though it was reassuring, it was still unnerving. No...no...this wasn't right...where was Yuuki?! What was happening?! He could remember something...it was vague...Yuuki fighting...dark elf...then...then nothing. Was Yuuki okay? Wait...yes...he...he'd heard Yuuki...but...but how much time had passed since then? Niaaki didn't know...he couldn't tell, everything was just dark, painful, and confusing.

Was he dying...?

Why else would he hurt so much...and feel so weird...and not be able to move...?

Was Yuuki dying...? Was that why he'd given him to someone else?

You're not physically injured at all, are you?

Physically injured? What? Then...what was wrong with him?! Why couldn't he move?! Why did he hurt so much? He was dying...he was probably dying...that's what was going on...and Yuuki wasn't here...maybe he was already gone...Gods, why did he have to go to that village?! Why!? This was all his fault...all of it...now he was probably going to die and Yuuki was and...and...it was his fault...he should have listened...

Niaaki's heart-rate was increasing, his eyes fluttering opened and closed and breathing coming in soft gasps. Sweat actually began to form on his face beneath the protection of the hood, his silver hair sticking to his face. Beneath the blankets, his fingers twitched.

Clearly the influence of whatever had happened was starting to lift.

By the time they'd reached the village, Niaaki no longer looked like someone that was inches from death in some sort of coma, but like someone having a bad dream. His breath was heavy and a bit strained with an occassional groan, and his head lolled against the cushioned blankets it rested on. Sweat beaded along his skin, and his eyes clenched open and shut senselessly, moisture spiking the lashes together, whether from tears or sweat was anyone's guess.

And then he was being lifted again and carried, still bundled up.

Not fun.

An actual sob ripped free from his throat as he was lifted and jostled, pain once again setting fire to what felt like his every nerve. There was just no way to move him without it hurting, no gentle way to do it at this point. The sleigh-ride here had been painful, every bump jostling him, but...dammit...this was rougher...his body actually had to bend a little when it was being carried...

His eyes were clenched shut and he was trying hard to dam the flood of tears and sniffles by the time he was being laid down inside the tent, the lack of movement a godsend though his body throbbed in the aftermath. He gasped for breath, trying not to hiccough and, more importantly, trying not to cry. Maybe he was being tortured...maybe that's what was happening...maybe--

A cold hand rested against his damp forehead suddenly, and Niaaki flinched a little, his bloodshot eyes fluttering, slowly opening a crack. It hurt...

But the voice the spoke after that...

It took a few moments of blurred, senseless vision before, just barely, through vision ringed with darkness and distorted horribly, he could just make out a familiar outline.

"...Y..." His voice cracked, trailed off. Niaaki swallowed sorely and tried again; his throat and mouth was horribly dry. "Y-Yuu...?"

It was Yuuki...he was alive...he was here...

Thank Gods.

Niaaki's vision began to blur even more, but he closed his eyes quickly and drew another soft, gasping breath. It hurt so much, and he was...he couldn't even describe how relieved he was to see him...but...he hated getting teary. Even though he already sort of was...and dammit, but he had a good reason to be, too! This hurt like all hell, and...and...

"...Am...I dying...?"

Stupid question. He knew that even through all the confusion and disorientation.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Dracel backed away a bit. They were certainly not very nice. why would she want to eat one of them. Strange creatures with pink skin, she thought.

"So..What are you anyways? I am what is called a wolf dragon. I never seen your kind in the Artic before."

Above her, Wolvern flickered his tail back and forth. He was growing impatient. The blizzard was drawing fast. Getting stuck in a blizzard is one thing, he told himself. Another is getting stuck in it with big creatures around. I can smell something drawing near. Yet he didn't see anything. Snow blanketed everywhere and nothing was out there. He grinned his teeth, starting to pace back and forth along the branch.

"If I only knew what was coming. All I can smell is blood..The creature must have just killed prey. But there is something unholy about this."

Then it came. A black dot appeared on the grey sky. Wolvern veered his whole body toward it. So it can fly. It might be just a bird of prey, he thought. Then that awufyl stench entered his nose. The stench of rotting bodies and well chewed bones. His voice turned into a growl as the stench grew.

"It can't be. It shouldn't. They left the Artic already! Could they have known that we were still alive? Crap..We need to get away. Dracel!"

Dracel lifted her head up at her brother,her tounge hanging out.

"Aww..Play time is over?"

"Damn right. They are back!"

Anonymous

He just waved. Waved?! That bastard! He had the audacity to wave! It wasn't JUST a wave though. It was a "follow me" kind of wave. Which just pissed her off further - like she'd chase after a fucking sled, no way. That was just... stupidly insane! And she was still bent over, hands on knees, inhaling and exhaling laboriously with a bright red face, her body feeling awkwardly languid. And then that dumbass wolf dragon, or dragon wolf, thing answered her and then they went away. And it was only her and her ----

Arrrkkk -  aww - rarrr

The hoarse, familiar voice of one of the red eyed ravens called out as it fluttered it's black wings, propelling it after the receeding sled, and a black dreary parade of ravens streaming after the sled. They flew with purpose alighting them - they weren't going to come back. They weren't teasing her... They really expected her to follow. Damn them. Fucking damn them all to hell! What was this? She just left to make her way behind them all?!

"SON OF A BITCH," she gasped, a strained half yell as she pushed herself forward.

Scrambling and struggling through the snow, attempting to keep up, to put motion into her sluggish limbs. She watched the birds, the glimpses of images, the straggler falling behind and circling her head mockingly before returning to it's previous position. At one point, she tripped and slid across the ice and snow, swearing she scratched her face but she couldn't quite tell between the bone set chill and the stiffness in her features. She knew her face had to be the brightest shade of scarlet from the fierce biting of the air.

When she thought her legs would fall off, blazing shafts quivering beneath her, and when she thought her lungs would burst, explode from the ice-need air she found a village. Her destination. And who would have possibly thought that a place like this could exist in a tundra? Why, was all she could really wonder as she stood their, eyelids drooping. She felt.. exhausted. Keir didn't know what to do know that she was their, until an imploring call sounded from a little ways off, all her crows flittering lazily, circling a particular tent.

That was it. Now that she was here what the fuck in all hell should she do? ... Fuck this. In a matter of 5 seconds she had trudged forward, frazzled and but too cold to be truly angry she slid inside the tent. Her face was immediately meant with needling stinging, and her hand rubbed at her face, warming them up as they softened, the pain subsiding.

"So? What in the fuck?" She asked, staring at the people as one of her red-eyed ravens sauntered in.

The large black bird tilted it's head awkwardly from side to side, 4 to 5 times every minute, images flashing in her eyes, blinding out her own real vision. It revealed to her every corner and every insignificant detail to her, and she furiously blinked, trying to rid her red-brown eyes of the burning images. They always did that. They could show it like a movie but chose in such fragmented pieces - stupid winged rats.

Wait - a picture of the person in the furs. It was alive, and the bird said male when the information of the picture pointed to otherwise. She stared at the furred figure, almost entirely forgot her question as she glanced at Yuuki then at Niaaki. What happened to them? What'd she miss? But she supposed it didn't matter - curiousity would get the best of her later, really.

She didn't move too close, just enough to stay in the warmth but away from everyone.

Anonymous

Screaming. Ear shattering loud screaming. Goddess in hell indeed! Naam cringed at the howl Yuuki produced. IF he didn't kno any better he'd take the man for an elephant anthro by the sound he could produce. One hell of a lung capacity. The sound of it rang in his ears, temporarily drowning out everything else that was being said or done. Just the monotonous sharp whistling that seem engraved on his ear drums. In a daze Naam stared at the princess. The hell? He tried to follow the movement of lips, hearing nothing but muffled sound - and that monotonous sharp whistling - but lip reading wasn't what Naam was famous for. The girl talked entirely too fast and gods she was fidgety! He gave up on trying to understand and instead focused on getting his hearing back. Thanks for that Yuuki. He pried one freezing cold hand loose from the shirt collar and moved it to his ear, rubbing it taintively.

"If I suffer from permanent hearing damage you'll both cover the expenses!" He muttered, a little louder than he wanted to but hey, he was deaf! Slowly the noise in his ears faed until it was only a dull ring. Atleast the voices around him sounded a bit more tuned again. Where all these people kept poppin up from was beyond him and frankly he didn't care as long as that... that.. dog.... thing.. dragon... wolf... stayed hte hell away. He eyed it cautiously, quite glad it seemed ot take such a fascination towards the woman. The only one who hadn't said anything yet. Up until than. Ha! She didn't like wolf-dog-dragons either! Naam couldn't help but grin, having found himself na ally in the struggle against large thigns that go 'snap'

However before he could express his gratitude he was forced the cling to the fabric of Yuuki's shirt again as the man began moving, walking even. Away from the big things that went 'snap!'  If it wasn't for Yuuki's aggitated mood he would've cheered and clapped and possibly have done a little circle dance right than and there. The skies be praised! Naam kept looking over his shoulder, watching contently how the things got further and further away and he felt like poking out his tongue, just ot show how much more superior he was and how he wasn't in the least bit scared of them either. Oh wait. No. No don't! Gah!

"Don't!" He hissed quietly, so only his mount - better known as Yuuki - would hear. "Please don't attract it's attention!" He cringed and shuffled uneasily, really not at all comfortable with those things around. Ok so maybe he was a little scared, you would be too if you could stand upright in that thing's mouth! While Yuuki was mezmerised by the girls leg. Or her stupidity, either one worke.d Naam only had eyes for the Arctic dwelling dogs from hell. The mutated mutts of doom. The evil drag-nines of Death's army of zombies. He could almsot see their hellishly red eyes turn to him with only one thing in mind. Kill. In his mind he could picture how their muscles would bunch as the leapt for him, could see the fangs glittering as jaws unlocked, ready to scoop him up and use him as a chew toy for the demonic critters to suffer for all eternity in the-

His dooms-day broadcast was roughly interupted by another, rather loud yell from the giant floating face enxt to him. Well not as much a floating face as one that was attached ot the neck and shoulders he was clinging to.
"Keep quiet! I like my eardrum you kno-ack!" His complaint was lost in a flurry of flailing arms that made the shoulder jolt, bunch, jump, twist and turn, causing Naam to be knocked off balance and down Yuuki's back. He had to install seatbelts on this damned guy! With an agility he didn't know he possesed himself he managed to hook his fingrs around one of the creases in the shirt, thank god it was practically skin tight or he would've drowned in the fabric.

Darkly muttering about demonic dogs and disconcearned humans and not being a furging cowboy he clambered back onto Yuuki's shoulder. Once on top he too spotted the figure appropaching with a... was that a sled? Oh blissful sled of speed! Take is away from the flappy winged dogs over yonder! His mind was cheering the speck on and he couldn't help but grin at the prospect of a smooth ride through the snow. That was before he noticed it was a -dog- sled. Wel lyeah, had his brain not bee suffering from hypothermia nad frostbite it would've bee nable to think that up but in his current state it really toned thigns down.

More dogs. Why dogs?! Of all things that could breath what was hte magic about dogs?! Or.. dog like dragon things! He scowled silently and glared at the stupid critters, tongue hanging half out of their mouths, yipping and jumping excitedly. Oh yeah because getting icicle formings on your nose and tongue was somethign to be excited about.
"Stupid animals..." He muttered darkly, almsot wishing he knew a spell by heart to turn them all into fuzzy young ducklings. Thoguh that would make the travel by sled substantially longer. He made an 'Oomph!' soudn when Yuuki unceremoniously plopped down on the sled and even had the nerve to include the quiet woman. The hell was he doing with her? Girlfriend? .....?...?

Well while Naam was questioning both the identitiy and the relation the woman had to Yuuki the dogs actually turned out to be one hell of a lot less hellish than he had thought them to be. They liked to run, or so it seemed, and swiftly got them to their destination. He was delighted to noticed there was an actual village with things that looked warm and comfortable! With a squeel he launched himself form Yuuki's shoulder, doing a twirl midair before letting his wings leisurely hold him in midair, blue eyes taking in the village. Snow covered, cold,dreary looking but a village all the same. Civilisation!! He'd made it! He should, kiss the ground! Hug a tree! Shake the mayor's hand for being so incredibly thoughtful of plumping a village down here in the middle of abso-fucking-lutely nowhere! He was so delighted he almost felt the urge to pet one of the sled dogs but upon seeing the drool leaking he refrained from doing so.

When he turned back towards Yuuki and the girlfriend-and-possible-sister-mother-granny-aunt-friend-vague-aquiantance of Yuuki. He noticed atleast on of them was already halfwya inside. Inside. Where it was warm!
"Hey!" He shouted, sounding a bit shrill. "Wait up!" And quickly chased after him into the tent.

[ ooc - last catching up post. I swear I'm gonna keep up with this thread this time. *sighs* I'm a bad player. And I think I harbled up the course of events up there but it got confusing. So yeah. Gonna keep up now! *does scout's honour thing* ]

Anonymous

Many things were starting to grate against Atachii’s nerves as she stood silently in the middle of the freezing arctic. The cold, for one, had been forcing her to suppress shivers for just that many minutes too long, and the hue of her skirt darkened as the snow melted into water and was absorbed into the once warm material, brushing against her legs every time she moved, sending an unwelcome shudder through her body. The wind glided through the clearing, leaving no trace of itself, but thoroughly annoying Atachii when she managed to turn in the wrong direction and face it blowing into her eyes with a chill and biting temperament. The Cow, as that was the closest thing to a name Atachii had for the annoying girl, was scampering around like she thought she was in pixie-land and the damn sled was being too slow.

A look of pure displeasure rested idly on Atachii’s features, carved there by the irritating situation she had got herself into. She had to hide her satisfied smile as Yuuki lashed out at the Cow, her hand moving up to cover her face as her brown hair twisted around her. She swore she could feel her nose beginning to drip, and a quiet sniff ensued as the forbearing sign of an inevitable cold. Shit, she did not need to get a cold now, too. Pulling the thick blue jacket closer around her slightly shivering figure, Atachii turned as she heard copious cursing echoing from somewhere beyond her vision.

Crows, or was it ravens? Birds of midnight feathers flew above the snow, their wings flapping in tune with the rhythm of the wind, careening out of the way to avoid the curses that were flying past them. This was turning out to be a strange congregation. There must have been some attraction to the clearing; why else would all these people be showing up here. It was strange to have stumbled upon the small group of three, no four, in the first place, but they just seemed to keep coming. And, Atachii thought the Arctic was supposed to be desolate.

She paced a few steps away from Yuuki as he continued to cut into the ego of the Cow, letting the words dig into her flesh, razor sharp, and linger there so that the pain would stay, yet there would be no blood, no utterance of the wounds inflicted save for the crushed and confused look on her face. Some people just tried too hard. She seemed as if no one had ever shown her any ill will; that she was, or at least she thought she was, loved by everyone and they should all love her in return and they can make rainbows and puppies and unicorns together, and live in a bright pink castle where the sun shines all day. The thought made Atachii’s brain hurt, and she quickly cut it short, letting it dwindle into oblivion where, in her opinion, any such fantasies belonged.

Her appearance was thoroughly disheveled when Atachii spotted the sleigh on the horizon, cutting across the snow like a well-formed knife cut through soft bread, leaving on the slight indentations of passing as it hurried toward them. She smiled hopefully as it drew nearer, forgetting everything around in the knowledge that soon she would be somewhere warmer. Civilization was close at hand. Somewhere that she could rest, and think.

‘Finally,’ she breathed as it stopped in front of their strange, small group.

The problem of Niaaki had been bothering Atachii. The only thing wrong with the mortal flesh and blood was the cold inflicted by their travels in the Arctic. It did not account for the lack of conscious perception, or the fact that there was no reaction to anything in the environment. There had been so much commotion, yet it was as if a coma had settled in upon the already meager frame. She had come to the conclusion that there was something wrong deep within the mind. Something had been subtly twisted there, brushed away or moved askew. She would need to get closer, get inside, if she was going to use any of her skills to be of help. That is, if Yuuki didn’t stop her first. There was the air of an older sibling about him in the company of Niaaki, a very protective feeling.

‘The hell?!’

Atachii was wrenched from her thoughts, formerly completely unaware as her mind had been contemplating, as she was tugged unceremoniously onto the sleigh and plopped into Yuuki’s lap. Her face was the picture of question and confusion, and then irritation. Where in the name of all things holy had that come from? Although it would have been in her best interest, Atachii didn’t move. The look on Yuuki’s face was slightly maniacal and a bit mad, causing her to air on the side of caution. The cold did strange things to some people, and the fact that his friend/brother was in dire straits to not help.

As they reached the small village, Atachii slid from the sleigh, standing tall as she scanned the area around her. Whoever had decided to build this small village here, in the middle of the Arctic, Atachii had decided that if she ever met them she would tell them how much she loved them. She watched as the small fairy-like creature hurried off after Yuuki, and she followed. Brushing her hair aside with cold fingers, she moved toward the tent where they all seemed to be collecting, removing her gloves as she went. Her breath came in white wisps on the cold air, her cheeks red from the journey here and her hair tousled from the barren landscape’s endless wind. Oblivious to all these factors, she ducked into the tent behind Yuuki.

Atachii listened as Audun’s words filled the crowding tent. So, she wouldn’t be alone in her knowledge of the healing sort. She felt as though half the world had lifted off her shoulders. Her only hope was that he could handle anything physically wrong with Niaaki, as she knew now she would be thoroughly worried with the depths of his mind. The thought occurred to the brunette that no one here knew she had any idea what was going on with Yuuki’s friend, and so she decided it was sharing time. Waiting until the man finished his questions, Atachii spoke.

‘Uh, if I may?’ She raised her hand slightly, a questioning look on her pale face, reddened cheeks glowing as they adjusted to the warmth of the tent.

‘I think I know what’s going on. There’s nothing really wrong with the body, there isn’t any physical suffering. His mind is twisted, somewhere, but I would have to look first to know exactly what’s been done,’ her eyes, filled with thought, were focused on the ground, her mind was racing through everything she knew, taking in all the facts she could.

‘That all depends on if you’ll let me,’ a grim half-smile played on her face as she looked up at them both.

The mind was a fragile thing, and they should know it. This could get tricky, and it would be a long process, but something had to be done. A fragile sound reached her ears, a voice stitched together with a child's hand, still broken. She was silent while Niaaki spoke, for the sake of hearing him, for the sake of letting him speak. She turned to Yuuki, knowing Niaaki would listen better to him than a stranger, her voice low.

'He's not dying... Not now...'

Atachii hoped it was somewhat comforting. Niaaki was like ice, fragile, cold, melting between their fingers as they tried to hold on to him. But, it was not his life that was fading away, it was something else...

((Sorry about any spelling mistakes, I didn't have the energy to check.))

Anonymous

Wolvern growled louder then ever as the figure of the Dark Wolf Dragon came closer. Wolvern jumped from his perch and landed next to Dracel. She was whimpering and trying to cover her entire body in the snow.

"I want you to leave Dracel. Go by yourself or these creatures.I don't care!I want you to get yourself out of here"

"But big brother.."

"If we both die, our race is gone forever. You can mate and higher chance of our race surviving. I can take him. Its only one Dark Wolf Dragon. It will be easier then the whole lot of them attacking our small tribe."

Dracel grew silent. She went over and nuzzled his neck a bit. Wolvern growled and pushed her away.Feeling hurt,Dracel stormed away toward a village. The faster she gets away, the better the chance this wolf dragon only thinks I am the last of the Ice Tribe, thought Wolvern. Finally the Wolf Dragon was in view. You could tell why it was of the Darkness Tribe. its fur was pure black, like the night sky. The wings were torn and bloodied. Its fangs were long and jagged, like its pointed ears. It landed a few feet from Wolvern, but Wolvern would think it was right infront of him. The stench coming from the dark one was disgusting.

"Well...well...well...Look what I found in this ice wasteland. Filth.."

"Think twice Darky. The only filth I see if you, you traitorus seal gunk!"

"Ooo. Touchy little fuzzball are ya? Well my orders are clear. Finish you and your sister off. You look suprised. My brother knew you, Wolvern, and your sister, Dracel, escaped your punishment. I am here to make sure that doesn't happen again!"

ooc-Why do I have the feeling my characters are about to be ditched?

Anonymous

OOC: Uh…hi ^^;

BIC:
Again Gabrie checked the unconscious person, who was buried below several layers of thick fur, noticing the temperature had lowered significantly.

The plague that had descended upon these villages had caused much grief - not only among the villagers but also on outsiders. A caravan Gabrie had travelled with had also been affected, and so the tall woman had staid behind with the sick. The unknown illness had been quite tricky to handle, but to her relief, she had not been alone, as another stranger had arrived in the village as well. He, which had been even more helpful, also had turned out to know a lot about medicine.
He got most of the glory though, as the villagers mostly saw her as an aide and assistant - and Gabrie preferred it that way. And to be honest? He DID know about the herbs of this country, unlike the priestess herself, who had thus mostly helped in her own, special and less obvious way.

But now the worst was over. The two merchants she had been charged to aid were close to full recovery, and the same thing was true for the villagers. There was still work to do, of course â€" but there always was.

Gabrie was about to step away from the makeshift bed when she noticed commotion outside. Almost as if…yes, someone did arrive, quite a lot of people, in fact. Strangers.
Sighing, the ex-priestess wrapped the furred coat (old, but still in a good condition) around her body, to protect herself from the cold, and left the tent to see what was going on. Had the caravan returned early?
Well, it turned out not to be a caravan, just a small number of people, some being â€"quite- odd indeed.
These newcomers had been led to another tent, it seemed as if some of them were wounded or at least very exhausted. Their clothing also did not seem to be exactly proper for the season either. Which was most strange â€" how did they get that far in this climate? Well, they would probably tell that later.
The tall woman waited until everyone had entered the other tent, and then followed slowly. Partially because of curiosity, partially because they might need her help as well.

Inside the tent, people were already quite busy, taking seats (or laying down), examining a fallen girl, and discussing what was wrong with her. Well, she might be of use here, someone would surely be able to tell her that much.
Stepping away from the door, Gabrie moved to a position where she was out of the way, close to Audun, and looked at the other healer.
“Excuse me for intruding, but is there anything I can help with?� she asked politely. She did not want to interrupt , and maybe her service really was not needed, after all.

OOC: I hope this posting isn’t too bad for an entry ^^; Probably too short O.O; I didn't want to bore you thought x.x; If I missed something crucial or wrote something that differs with current plans, I will of course change that - or replace the entire posting should the need arise. ^^:

Well....hi again ^^;

Anonymous

((I think we’re all just a little panicky and trying to find our places right now, Ultima.  And OHEFFEMGEEZ ::dies of claustrophobia::))

Audun leapt upon the sight of Niaaki somewhat conscious, moved back to him, was careful of touch this time, and careful not to come between the child and Yuuki.  He took in all the signs of pain and knew all he could do was ease it, perhaps, not heal the boy’s mind.  He did smile, or attempted to, in a comforting manner, and spoke softly to the boy: “Don’t bother yourself with such things; you won’t be dying any time soon.â€?

Audun would’ve sighed, but it would’ve let on.  When Atachii approached he leaned close, prayed she (and Yuuki or Niaaki, for that matter) did not see behind his glasses, and whispered so that no other would hear.

Then he stopped, seeing Gabrie enter.  For a moment he relaxed, acknowledged her with a smile and a nod, some degree of tension visibly leaving him, and then a sort of urgency  set in.  Audun sat back, looked to Atachii, then Gabrie, and beckoned her close enough that none other might hear what he said to both of them:

“There is a spell upon the child.  It eats at his mind.  Please, do not ask how I know.  I fear I can do nothing for it; as you know, Miss Gabrie, my skills lie entirely with the body, and he seems perfectly healthy aside from this.  If either of you can do anything....â€?

Anonymous

What was wrong with him? Yuuki looked down at Niaaki who was as white as snow and barely heared the little tag along fairy scream at him. What was wrong? Yuuki looked over at Atachii for a moment, suddenly glad he did that spur of the moment thing and dragged her onto his lap, what luck that she kind of knew what to do. Slightly. A look of pure joy washed over Yuukis features, which wasn’t very see-able because his head was down since Niaaki was below him. Yuuki felt like a proud father after his kid just woke up from some horrible head injury. Luckly Yuuki wasn’t a father and that it was just Niaakis brain that was going schizo. Yuuki sighed slightly and grasped Niaakis much smaller hand in his own, compaired to Yuuki Niaaki looked like a young child. A small laugh escaped his lips and Yuuki pushed his hand through Niaakis hair before looking at Audun and Atachii, both said the same thing so he decided that hearing it from Yuuki would just make it all that much better.

�ha.. No, Niaaki you’re not going to die…�

His face turned to stone and he glared at nothing imparticular before getting snapped out of his little daze from the previous question about his boot being on his broken foot. Cut it? Something else that was dear to him was going to be destroyed? Yuuki wouldn’t have it! Screw ‘em if they didn’t like his little ability, Yuuki would have pulled it off if the pain hadn’t suddenly come back in waves that made him want to pass out.

�No! No cutting my boot! I’ll… Just… Take it off…�

Yuuki looked around feeling very stared at and places his hand on his boot and looked down at Niaaki for a second. Within that second, Yuukis foot was bare and looked horrible. It was twice it’s normal size and didn’t look all that pretty. Yuukis boot was on his lap, which was probably a good thing because that meant his aim was getting better, with his luck, it could have appeared at the bottom of an ocean. Yuuki picked up the boot and let it flop on the floor beside him and he stood up balanced on his one good foot before looking at Audun wondering what do. As if he remembered something suddenly he looked at Atachii.

�Well, it’ll probably be a kick in the ass for those Drow Bastards, so, if you can fix my little friends head I’d be happy enough to give you my first born… Not that I would.. ah well..�

Yuuki turned back to Audun.

�So… what are we going to do about my foot?�

Yuuki hadn’t noticed the lady come in since his back was to the door, and he didn’t notice Audun look at her because he wore his sunglasses. That and he was distracted by his throbbing red foot and his brain broken brother.

((OOC: blegh! Short! XD, and hello! ^_^))

Rhindeer

[Panicky is right! XD I think it's my turn? >.> Maybe. Oh well! Bwahah! And heya, Fennel!]

Niaaki began to relax a little. Or, at least, as much as one could relax with their nerves all hyper-sensitive and their body not wanting to function properly. He still couldn't really move...or maybe he just didn't want to move, because at least when he was still it didn't hurt quite as bad. He tried to turn his head a little, to get a better look at Yuuki and the rest of his surroundings, even if he could scarcely see; he could hear other people around, and...well...no kidding, someone else had brought him here, right? Ugh, he couldn't remember. His thoughts were all jumbled, and he found he couldn't really focus on any one thing. And he still couldn't move.

Another silhouette came into his line of vision, and he heard someone say that, no, he wasn't dying. Not Yuuki's voice, but it sounded familiar for some reason. And then the same basic statement was repeated by Yuuki, reassuring him. What...dying...? Why would he be dying...? Wait...had he asked if he was dying? Was he? Well...no...they'd just said he wasn't. Hadn't they? Yeah...they had...just a second ago...or maybe it had been longer...he didn't know. He winced as Yuuki ran a hand through his hair, held onto one of his hands. And why did he hurt? Gods, he was so confused...

"...G...good...'cause...tha'd suck..." Niaaki muttered hoarsely, words slurring as he let his bleary, watery eyes close again, his usual accent buried deep beneath the disoriented, thick speech. "My...hair 'urts...bad..."

Actually, he meant that his head hurt, which it did as Yuuki's hand touched him. Hair was close enough, though.

Yeah, he was out of it.

It didn't hurt so bad once Yuuki took his hand off him and started doing...whatever it was he was doing. He was saying something about a boot, whatever that was, and about both cutting something and taking something off. Oh hell no...they better not be thinking about taking his clothes off, much less cutting them. Niaaki liked his clothes on...whatever was wrong with him, they could keep his damned clothes on! What the hell? Give who a first-born? The hell?

Ugh...he was really, really lost right about now...and frustrated and a bit freaked out on top of it all, not just because he couldn't move, which was bad enough with the addition of pain, but because whatever was going on around him just sounded...wrong. And his hair really, really hurt...or head...he didn't even know anymore...

"Yer a...a dad...Yuu...?" he muttered, coughing a little as his throat ached with use. There didn't feel like there was a place on him that wasn't sore. "Never...woulda knowed..."

Well, at least he was coherant enough to hear the conversations around him and to speak a little. Even if his brain wasn't working properly and thus couldn't quite piece everything together correctly.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

ooc-least I have two characters so I can seperate@_@

As soon as Dracel entered the village, she was the center of attention. Everyone she saw was staring at her. I guess they have never seen a wolf dragon before, she thought. She lowered her wings and trudged through the village.

"Don't mind them. Wolvern wants me to find help or somewhere safe. There are a lot of creatures here so the dark one wouldn't dare attack a pack alone. Maybe if I find those pink fleshed creatures, they would help my brother. I doubt even he could fight against a Dark and live long enough to get healed."

Dracel dropped her snout to the snowy ground and took a great big whiff.Nothing. She trotted to another patch of snow. Nothing. Again and again she tried to pick up a scent, but to no prevail. Finally, she picked up something but it was as faint as a star on a cloudy night. It was something at least.

On the outskirts of the village, a battle was just about done. The victor stood over the victum's body. The victum's blue fur was laced with blood from its snout to the tip of its tail. Wolvern had losted. The Dark Wolf Dragon grinned and dug his claws into one of Wolvern's flesh wounds. Wolvern left out a small whimper that he couldn't hold in. This made the Dark one laugh.

"Why did you think you could win a fight against me? You are a weakling from the Ice Tribe! You all are weaklings!"

Wolvern closed his eyes,trying to lift his tail. The Dark one quickly reacted and stomped his left paw on Wolvern's tail. Wolvern grunted and coughed up a bit of blood.

"I should finish you off now. Oh and don't worry about your sister. I'll track her down as easy as you. It shouldn't be too hard to find the same stench!"

This ticked off Wolvern. Very much.

"Don't talk about...my sister like...that you demon. She doesn't deserve..to die by..your claws."

"You are in no position to tell me this. But you did give me a brilliant idea! I will kill your sister infront of your eyes, so you may suffer more. Then again I could make her suffer the same way. If you excuse me, I'll go and fetch her"

The Dark Wolf Dragon turned around and raised his wings. As soon as he did, Wolvern twisted his neck back and let loose a fierce ice breath. It landed a smashing hit on the Dark's right wing. It frozed the entire wing as soon as it made contact. The Dark one tumbled over into a pile of snow.

"You must remember Darky. Never turn your back on your enemy. We always have tricks up our sleeves. Now if you excuse ME, I will find my sister."

"And you expect me to let you?!"

"You Dark Wolf Dragons were never good runners. I would wait until that wing thaws out. Then again, its very cold out here."

"You'll never make it anyways. I left you wounds deep enough to tear the muscles. You'll die of blood loss before you find your sister, you twit."

Wolvern was still walking when those words entered his mind. He turned his head slightly to the left, baring his fangs to the Dark Wolf Dragon.

"I like those odds"

Wolvern gave a hearty laugh before turning his attention toward then direction of the village. Wait for me Dracel...

Anonymous

Atachii was silent as she watched Audun study Niaaki, barely conscious and in a mental state which one could not quite call lucid. The seconds were slipping away slowly, fading and dying, falling like feathers from a flurry of scattered birds that touched upon the ground and were forgotten. She felt the frail tug of urgency on the corners of her mind as she looked around at the battered and wind-swept group. They were like a mesh of tattered leaves that had fallen from the branches of a now barren tree. So different, so tattered, but they created a beautiful medley of colours. Her tired eyes turned from the splintered body of Niaaki as she caught the sight of someone entering the tent, heard the light footsteps on the ground as they attempted to remain unnoticed.

Atachii’s eyes followed the girl as she moved, listening as she spoke. She was feeling tired, but she moved slightly to wake herself up from her clouded thoughts. So many people. Everywhere they went they were sprouting up like rabbits. Oh well, the more the merrier, and if this girl knew anything about healing or something that would aid them she was not going to turn away help. Scanning the crowd in the large tent, Atachii processed the new girl’s question.

‘Hmmm…’

Audun’s diagnosis brought her attention back to Niaaki, momentarily forgetting that anyone had entered the tent. She nodded, her expression grim, set firm as her mind filed through all the knowledge she possessed, attempting to find a way to tackle the problem set before her. Niaaki’s mind was like glass, and as her fingers brushed against his forehead, feather-light, she could see the twisted strings, the missing pieces, dripping with the malice and confusion of a broken mind that burned and sizzled at the already fragile connections. Drawing her hand away, Atachii closed her eyes for a moment, steadying her breath, before she nodded to Audun.

‘I can take care of his mind, you guys focus on the physical wounds,’ she said, reassuring herself as well as them.

Atachii turned back to Gabrie, giving her a tired, but warm smile.

‘If you can take care of Yuuki over here…?’

A quick gesture motioned toward the black-haired, one-booted man sitting to the side of Niaaki, his boot planted firmly in his lap. Her face was a picture of confusion, how in the hell did he get his boot off? Oh well, her mind was busy with other things. Atachii was about to start preparing herself for the strenuous healing process she knew lingered on the horizon, when Yuuki’s last sentence sliced through the serious mood that had settled into her thoughts.

The oddest look ever conceived, one of confusion, awe and utter ‘what the hell just came out of his mouth’ crossed her face. She turned her full attention to Yuuki, staring at him for a moment before blinking, clear thought returning to her in slow, detached pulses, stringing along in single-file fashion.

‘Uh… I would hope not,’ she gave a sideways glance to the side of the tent as an awkward silence pressed against their bodies for those few claustrophobic moments.  

Atachii finally turned back to Niaaki as he spoke, quiet and rough, sandpaper against their ears that hoped he would speak confidently, life behind the now fading and ghostlike voice, so far and distant from where it belonged. She shook her head as Niaaki’s words drifted through tent. Great, now he thought Yuuki had a kid and she stole it. Her voice was soft, but commanding, solid foundation beneath his drifting, wavering tones.

‘Okay, I have to start soon, and that means you have to relax and try to be quiet. Don’t worry about Yuuki. Besides being a bit frosty, he’s fine.’

She tugged off her thick, blue jacket in one deft motion, revealing a long-sleeved black shirt, fitting to her figure, though not tight, attempting to retain whatever heat it could in the cold and frigid Arctic environment. She looked to Gabrie, to see if she would tend to Yuuki, before looking back to Niaaki. Pulling the bag from around her shoulders where it had been tucked away under her jacket, she set a few bottles in front of where she kneeled by Niaaki’s head.

The bottles gave off a strong, thick scent as she rolled them between her hands, years of practice shifting their contents into a fine powder that fell into the air and dissipated, carried off into the damp atmosphere. It hung like a haze in the air around them, drawing Niaaki’s mind into sleep with each pained breath. It played through his thought, pushing sleep into his eyes, beckoning him into a visionless rest. Dreams to ease the pain, because this was going to a painful process for them both.

Breathing deeply, Atachii looked down at Niaaki, waiting for his eyelids to droop, heavy with the tendrils of the shimmering powder, waiting for his ragged breathe to ease, before moving closer. Her pale fingers, long and articulate, moved to cradle his head in her hands, bringing it closer to her face. Closing her eyes, she pressed her forehead to his, her darkened brown hair, unruly and windswept, falling around her face. Atachii drew in a sharp breath, the noise echoing in her probing mind as it searched out Niaaki’s broken thoughts.

Tendrils of her moving mind coiled and flicked around Niaaki’s, reaching in and pulling back, before pressing itself in on the already fragile thing, seeping in through the cracks and forcing its way through with a firm, consistent pressure. Before her she saw flickering wisps of though, broken threads and blaring holes. This mind was twisted and broken, and she knew it would be a long and tedious process to fix. Her mind weaved and conjured, tying the threads of sanity back together, patching the holes with care and fragility, taking as much care to keep Niaaki from too much suffering, even though she knew pain was going to be tearing through his head in waves when he woke from his drug-induced sleep.

And hour passed, and more. Time was irrelevant inside the mind, something fictional and fantastic, to be devoured without care and ground between the sharp teeth of phobias and desires. Still, the seconds faded.

Atachii woke to her conscious, physical body. She was laid out on the floor, her head resting on Niaaki's, throbbing with pain. Eyelids peeled back, revealing tired, green eyes, shining with the taste of success, worn and rusted with the exhaustion that tugged at her limbs. Her body felt numb, but she rolled herself away from Niaaki, sitting up with a great amount of effort. The drug had worn off, although she knew only herself and Niaaki would have been affected. It had a funny way of managing to discern the desired targets.

She pressed her cold hand to her forehead, wincing as another volley of pain shot through her. Her muscles were being massacred, stabbed. Dull and rusted knives, slowly and quickly, sliced and plunged through the flesh. Her eyes scanned the tent and she managed to focus on Yuuki. A tired, hoarse voice, only a shadow of her usual smooth and confident tone, spoke.

‘I need a drink.’