Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cats in the Cradle [m]

Started by Lion, January 11, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"When it smells like it's burning.  It's not gonna cook any faster if you're staring at it," he sighed.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"I'm not staring at it, I'm staring at you," she spat.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Well quit it. Its fucking creepy!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She gave him a dry smile.
"I was sizing you up. Thinking on how to skin you so I can wear your flesh." She bared her teeth at him. "You were lucky to be born a man."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Hpmmm.  Yeah I'm really lucky," he scoffed. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her eyes cut him and she gave a sharp tug on their chain.
"Don't tempt me to kill you earlier."

Lion

He stared back at her, meeting her gaze sharply, determined not to be pushed around.  He said nothing and sniffed.  He turned the fish over, focusing on it's browning.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Yeah, that's what she thought. He didn't have a come back. Then again, she was tired and angry- she always felt angry. She was hoping the sex might have helped. It only did.. for a short time. But now she was hungry.

She moved nearer to the fire after a time, and saw the fish getting black.
"Looks like they're done." And she moved to take one of the speared fish off of the flames.

Lion

And that's when Crowe smacked her hand and shoved it away.  "It's not finished," he growled. "It needs to cook thoroughly or you'll be puking all over."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The slap earned him a bare footed kick to his side from Khanna, and a glare before she dropped the fish back in.
"I've eaten raw fish before. You only puke if the water is bad."

Lion

"Clearly," he said and shoved her hard aside, and taking the piece she had taken for herself.  And handed her the crawfish instead.

"Just eat," he said and carefully tore the fish, eating the meat delicately between sharp narrow bones.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She had no finesse when she ate, and wasted nothing. Although the food was welcome, it awakened her stomach which growled loudly, wanting more.

Lion

He wasted nothing either and simply choosing not to choke on unnecessary bones if he could help it. So the pieces were cast into the fire and burned gradually. The powder would be collected when the flames died down, for now the extra kindling made the air smell fishy around them.

Crowe was exhausted and he laid back against the ground, silent, not wanting to look at Khanna. Especially not while she was eating.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Fish finished, Khanna belched and wiped the grease from her lips off on the back of her hand. Still hungry, she knew better than to complain. Who knew when the next time they'd have food. She stifled a second belch, making a face at the fishy taste that burned even her nose.
"Next time we eat, lets kill a fucking boar." Pork sounded heavenly.

Lion

At her belch, Crowe snickered, although he tried not to make it obvious.  But after a few seconds of holding it in, he burped a loud one as well, and that one was quickly followed by a head toss and a cackle.

Crowe snorted and looked at Khanna, trying to hold in his laugh with one hand, but unable to contain it. It was infectious and he simply couldn't stop himself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her glare struck him.
"What, are you a fool?" Smacking his shoulder, she sneered and looked into the shadows. She was about to comment on the smell, but soon it was clear the scent was not from burped fish as the black and white tail of a skunk came into view.

Yep, that smell was definitely not fish.

"Shit."

Lion

Of fuckcicles!

Crowe saw the tail from the corner of his eye and swiftly rolled up to his feet. He dragged Khanna with him as the skunk came further into view.  "Let's get out of here!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

He wouldn't argue with that point, but just as they scrambled the other way- it seemed the skunk wasn't alone, because just a few steps running the other way and a second black and white tail stunk into view.

"What the fuck-"
But it was too late, for the skunk was scared and replied in the only way it could-
And now the entirety of their situation was about as shitty (and smelly) as it ever could be.

Lion

So they couldn't run.  And they clearly couldn't hide.  But with the water so close, Crowe wasn't going to just wait around for them to just be sprayed into oblivion.

So he dragged Khanna to the water, staggering as he did so, tripping over his own feet and throwing himself in.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna stayed beneath the water for as long as he dared. This was a nightmare. Maybe if he were to just drown, he wouldn't have to deal with this fucking dilemma. It wasn't that he couldn't handle it, it was just this was too damn humiliating that he wanted to wash his hands of it. But as it was, he was chained to one of his fellows, a fellow who was now the only soul (aside from his brother) that knew the truth of his gender.... and had also fucked with him. Now a skunk and well....
If he could fucking punch the world he would. Angrily, he released the remaining breath he held and pushed to surface, gasping for air and grimacing at the fresh scent of skunk in the air. He just hoped to the Gods it didn't land on them before they hit the water. They wouldn't know, however, until they were much further from the smell.