Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sun Bathing [Wicked Basket/Bleeding Phoenix]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 14, 2015, 08:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

When the seawater was dumped on Turquoise, the mermaid immediately felt some strength return to her being. However it wasn't enough. "More." she gestured to her tail. Another bucket full should do the trick for now. It was something at least, so Turquoise supposed she should be grateful for small blessings. However, it was no substitute for actually being in the ocean. She waited for another bucket of sea water to help get more of her energy back.

Wicked Basket

The boy scampered off and then returned a short while later with another bucketful of seawater. He dumped it on her just the same as before.

"Is that enough," he asked again.

Ethereal-Star

As the second bucket of water was dumped on her, Turquoise was feeling much better now. "That's all for now, thank you." she told the boy gratefully.

She chanced a glance at the pirate captain out of the corner of her eye. Turquoise was still hoping for a way to outsmart the captain and get away. But until that time came, she had to endure with what she was given.

Wicked Basket

The boy scampered off into the camp with the bucket. The captain was talking to the quartermaster, though Turquoise would not be able to hear what exactly it was that they were discussing. The pirates soon began packing up camp and two of them came to tie up Turquoise once more and resume carrying her.

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise scowled at them as they approached. When both came closer, the mermaid lashed out her tail as best she could to hit the one nearest it right in the face hoping to stun him and knock him down. What good that would do Turquoise didn't care, but she wanted to put up some resistance at least! She refused to make this easy on the pirates. If she had to suffer, so would they.

Wicked Basket

One of the pirates fell to the ground as Turquoise's tail hit him in face. The other one responded by slapping her in the face. Hard.

"You stupid bitch," the first pirate grumbled rubbing the side of his head. "You're lucky the captain's watching." 

Ethereal-Star

When the slap came, Turquoise shouldn't have been surprised but she was. She held her hand to her face, trying to relieve the pain that the slap had brought. A purple bruise was starting to form but without a mirror Turquoise couldn't tell for sure.

She glared at both pirates angrily, and shouted at them, "You'll regret that, I swear!" Her tail bounced in agitation and Turquoise really couldn't wait to get out of this mess. It was completely unacceptable!

Wicked Basket

"Shut up," the second pirate snapped.

They then proceeded to tie her up significantly tighter and more roughly than before. They also were not at all gentle picking her up and carrying her as the pirates started moving again. The captain was leading the pack, but he would glance over his shoulder every now and again to check on his prize and make sure that it was behaving and undamaged.

Ethereal-Star

"Ow!" Turquoise cried out in pain and discomfort. "You're hurting me!" They were being none too gentle or nice with tying her up as she had successfully angered them.

As her arms were roughly tied behind her back, Turquoise winced again and tried to muffle her cries of pain as best she could. She would not give them that satisfaction! Her arms now hurt from the ropes and they certainly did a number on making them as tight as possible. The mermaid could barely move, it was so restricting. So Turquoise suffered in silence, a couple more tears streaking down her face as the lot of them moved onward.

Wicked Basket

Blackheart brought the group to a halt and then walked backed to Turquoise.

"Untie her and do it again," Blackheart told the men carrying her. "Not so tightly this time."

The pirates looked at each other in disbelief then back at the captain.

"If we do that she'll just try to..."

The man was cut off by Blackheart punching the man in the stomach, causing him to collapse and drop Turquoise's tail as he tried to breathe.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion, lad," Blackheart said menacingly. "I don't want my prize damaged. Now untie her and do it again."

The man picked himself up and the two of them did as they were told. They picked her back up, more gently this time, and then looked to the captain to gauge his reaction.

"That's better," he said simply.

Blackheart then returned to his place at the head of the group and they started moving again.

Ethereal-Star

Now able to breathe easier, Turquoise was tempted to rub her arms to try to get feeling back in them; however that was made impossible when they simply redid the knots although much looser this time. The pirates picked her back up more carefully this time, and all Turquoise could do was be pulled along with them as they continued their walk.

Sighing inwardly, and feeling very sorry for herself the mermaid tried to imagine herself back in the ocean, pretending that none of this was happening, that she was safe and free amongst the waters where she belonged. However a harsh reality check was soon doled out as the gang of pirates moved ever quicker trying to get back to their ship no doubt, uncomfortably jostling her as they walked along. It was too bad she didn't have a shell and some ocean water with her, at least that way she could try to fight back with a conjured water tunnel. However with neither of these things present, the mermaid had to endure the hasty walk back to the pirate ship.

Wicked Basket

(OOC To be quite honest I was banking on someone coming to try and rescue Turquoise by now. :P I was just trying to stall long enough for someone to join in.)

Ethereal-Star

((I was also wondering about this. Which is why I left the thread marked open, hoping for someone else to come by. Hmmm, what to do now?? Will poor Turquoise ever be rescued? Come on peeps, there's a mermaid in need of saving!  :P))

Bleeding Phoenix

Just as Blackheart's men were about to resume their walking, eight figures on horseback came into sight along the path. They approached from the opposite side of camp as if they'd come from near the ocean. None seemed to be in any rush, and it was several minutes more before they were within the pirates' hearing distance.

The foremost horse bore the smallest rider, a man tanned by a fortnight's worth of island sun whose face remained serene as he called out across the thinning sand. "Gentlemen and lady, is this what it looks like?"

As he spoke, the small group slowed their advance. All brought their horses to a stop just within proper conversational range. "And if so, how much do you want for her?"

Wicked Basket

All of Blackheart's men immediately laid their hands on the closest weapon available. Blackheart himself simply crossed his arms and sized up the horsemen.

"And who might ye be," Blackheart asked. "Ye seem like an awfully pretty gentleman to be all the way out here."

Bleeding Phoenix

Dulcian was easily within empathic range, an advantage the captain would have no way of detecting. Not that he'd have needed it to know what was being implied.

"Like all appearances," he said, "mine is a tad misleading." He smiled, not enough to show any fang. "Name's Dulcian Dragonsblood. I'm sure you haven't heard of me."

Wicked Basket

"I haven't," the captain confirmed. "Which usually means you're of little consequence to me. Now tell me why you're here."

Bleeding Phoenix

"Excellent," he said. "Being of consequence to you doesn't appear to be an enviable position, if the mermaid's fate is any indication."

"We were waiting on provisions. This isle is commonly used as a stopover on the way to Yoreiq." Dulcian gestured toward the peaceful isle. "Being quite bored, I followed the sound of a struggle here."

Wicked Basket

"Well, ye found the source," Blackheart told him. "And since your here, I'll be taking anything valuable that ye and your friends may have."

Blackheart's men circled the horsemen, weapons at the ready. Blackheart even drew a pistol of his own and aimed it at Dulcian.

Ethereal-Star

The group of pirates had started to move again when another group on horseback arrived on the scene. "Gentlemen and lady, is this what it looks like?" Turquoise heard these words being called out to the pirate captain and the rest of them. She immediately craned her neck to try to get a good look at the horsemen. The front horseman featured a thin man with blonde hair and expressive eyes wearing fine clothing. Turquoise studied him for a bit. He didn't appear to be human, but something else. There was just something about him that she couldn't put her finger on...

As they conversed, Turquoise's hopes began to rise again. Maybe they could free her! It was a long shot, but right now Turquoise only wanted to go back home. The mermaid was more than fed up with being around these men who only saw her as wealth for their pockets. However it didn't seem like the pirates wanted to waste their time with these newcomers and weapons were quickly drawn!

"Wait!" Turquoise yelled out. "I want to hear what he has to say! Don't kill them!" She sincerely hoped the captain would listen to her and let the man talk. There could be a chance to escape!

Tags: