Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fishy Greetings By The Shore [SanguineBlade]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 18, 2015, 09:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Thwack!

The target hit its mark, bull's eye center, spot on as Nemeril let loose an arrow from her longbow. Another thwack was heard a split second later followed by more rapid successions as nine out of ten arrows hit the center, the last one only hitting slightly to the side. Nemeril frowned at this, but nonetheless kept pelting the archery target with more and more missiles as she practiced.

The fairy/elf had been at this for two hours, practicing non-stop. She enjoyed the thrill of it and the wind outside wasn't too bad today, all things considered. Living on The Windy Isle where the wind was always present only honed Nemeril's skill to account for all kinds of windy conditions in terms of her archer lifestyle. The small clearing in which she practiced was empty at this current time, however for Nemeril she was used to practicing both alone and with others in sight doing their own tasks of archery or sword sparring.

Time passed with the archer continuing, only stopping periodically to gather up her arrows and reposition them in her quiver before starting all over again. Her skill with the bow was great, and the archer recalled fondly the several medals she had won at the various competitions she had participated in here on the island, with one being off the island, elsewhere in the world. In Yoreiq, specifically. True, there were only a handful on the island itself that could hold a candle to Nemeril's skills, but it was better than nothing.

After the passage of another hour, Nemeril decided this was enough for today. Gathering up everything and ensuring that all was as she first came upon it, she trekked back to her small cottage the fairy elf shared with her family of four and deposited her bow and quiver of arrows in a special wooden trunk near the window. After greetings from the other islanders had been exchanged, Nemeril then headed off toward the shoreline, content to just soak in the view of sea and sky. Her parents were presumably off on their political business affairs, while her sister Gossamer was on the other side of the island. Last Nemeril had checked, her little sister was playing with others around her age a game of 'toss the ball'. Granted those of her 'age' was an approximate range, since her sister was also a fairy/elf like Nemeril herself. Others of different races and species all had their own age range, but for the most part they were all within a few decades of age from each other.

Taking her boots off, Nemeril contented herself with letting her feet soak in the cool waters just enjoying the calm around her and the fresh breeze rolling in off the ocean. It was another nice day as usual and she let her thoughts drift just like the clouds above her.

Codestar7

((OOC - I've changed the title, if that's ok?))

Fishy started the day with a good piece of turtle flesh, freshly killed with the flick of a tail. The cannabilistic fish wished his friends were there to share it - but it was the holidays - the fish were no longer in school ((haw-haw)) and they were off travelling the world. Fishy knew that wherever he went, the other fish would flee. No sane sea creature liked a talking fish with wings.

But Fishy knew that there would be a time where he was world famous as the intelligent fish - that was what he had become. A birth defect resulting his mermaid mother and dolphin father had made him mutated - in the best way possible. He had flown many times over the world, seeing many things that made him cry. He wished he was a human or an elf or a dwarf so he could encounter all the wonderful things land creatures experienced.

Though, when flying, the one place he avoided at all coasts was the Windy Isle; there, a master marksman resided - good or evil the fish sadly did not know. He did not risk flying there -if the archer decided to dislike a flying fish, it could shoot it from the sky, hands... er... flippers down. So today, Fishy decided to explore the isles from the water. He would hve to make sure the archer was idle, though.

He swam to the area - past the bank of beautiful pink coral, through the murky green weeds of Downwater Yoreiq, well clear of the red Angler Fish lantern district, and arrived at his destination. There, two flesh colored animals were near hte surface of the water. Each one of them had five stubby additions, tasty looking things. Fishy swam a distance away, and poked his head above the water. Sure enough, the archer was bathing their feet, bowless and calm. Fishy would give the human woman a start.

The fish popped his head up through the surface of the water, looked at the girl and simply said 'Hi!'

Ethereal-Star

((OOC: Fine by me.))

The fairy elf while bathing her feet in the waters, soon heard some mild splashing nearby. A hint of orange scales shone in the sunlight as it disappeared beneath the surface, only to reappear again a moment later in another area. When the creature poked its head up in the water, Nemeril could see that it was a rather large fish, Yoreiqi Carp if she wasn't mistaken--and not only that it spoke to her a single word. "Hi!" it chirped up by way of an excited greeting.

Nemeril could honestly say she was surprised. After all a talking fish was not exactly the norm for sea creatures, unless they were merfolk or some such. Gathering her feet up from the blue waters, she repositioned them underneath her and answered the fish with a similar greeting in response. "Well, hello there, Mr. Fish. I have to say a talking fish is surprising around here, around anywhere in fact." she smiled at the orange carp. "So, what brings a talking fish over here to chat with one such as I?" the archer asked curiously.

Glancing around at the waters surrounding the fish, Nemeril didn't see any more of its friends. To say the fairy elf hybrid was intrigued would be somewhat of an understatement. After all, how many fish popped up to say hello to those on land? Most would do their best to steer clear from land-folk in order to avoid becoming food for them.

Codestar7

"Me! I wished to speak to you out of arms distance and unarmed to ask you if we could form a pact. I have never flown over these islands, as I have feared you might shoot me with your barbed weaponry. I can see your aim is true, and you could fire me out of the sky with your hands tied. I've never talked to a human! But I wish to see the whole world. I've travelled everwhere, except over these islands. Could we be friends?"

Ethereal-Star

Nemeril listened to the fish speak, and was surprised once more when the fish said it could fly! Now that was strange for certain, no fish she knew of could fly like a bird! It was like a bird that could swim! The thought seemed preposterous but after all why would a talking fish lie? If a fish could talk, why not fly as well? The fairy elf supposed stranger things can and have occurred, so she went with it and answered the fish's friendly query.

"You are most welcome to travel over these lands, Mr. Fish. Who am I to deny you that privilege?" She smiled, humor evident in her eyes as she said, "And I would not mistake you for a bird either, have no fear."

The archer laughed when the fish mistook her for a human. The fairy/elf found that rather amusing and told him so. "Also, I am not a human, not at all. My father is an elf of the woodlands, while my mother is a fairy of the meadows." she explained to the orange carp. "I have to say I find this very funny as you are the first to call me such!" Laughing again, Nemeril quickly calmed down and looked back at the fish. "So, do you have a name? Or should I keep referring to you as Mr. Fish?"

Codestar7

"Uhhh.... I go by Fishy." Fishy looked deeply at the elf fairy thing. "What the f*** is an elf? And what ever could a fairy be? These are foreign concepts to me. Are they some sort of fish? Do you descend from a famiy of sea creatures too!?" Fishy was excited. He never met a elfairy, let alone humans at all.

Ethereal-Star

Nemeril smiled. "Well, Fishy, let's see. Elves and fairies are both of the Fae, considered to be the favored children of Nature and the Earth Mother herself. We are both guardians of such as well as embodiments. There are many different kinds, some are of the sea, but not all. I myself hail from a line of woodland and meadow Fae, so no I am not of the sea or a fish."

She chuckled at this, finding it funny but she supposed the fish wouldn't know any better. It did feel strange to explain something so basic though.

"Now I have a question for you. How is it that a fish can fly? Aren't you supposed to have just fins for swimming?"