Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"So..." *Leans against the wall* "Anybody wanna plot?"

Started by DaGlobster, February 20, 2015, 03:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Because as I get older and get more confused about things that happened quite some time ago. :P  In my defense, insomnia negatively effects memory.

And THAT is my sad attempt to cover my mistake.

I need to go to bed. :(

Ethereal-Star

DaGlobster, I'm guessing you didn't see my earlier post on here? About Varian?

DaGlobster

Sorry, I got a bit carried away with Wicked. I didn't forget, though!

Varian's a "Starchild" of sorts, yeah. He is the son of several different Elder Gods (The Cthulhu kind of Elder Gods). As far as he knows, he's the only one, but there are a few books out there that actually talk about "Starchildren" and their "Fathers".

Also, Varian's things do move under his clothing. It's very subtle, though.

As for his connection to the Wolves, Varian's a nemesis of Owl. Owl is Rufus' protege', or something like that. All Wolves are supposed to protect her with their lives, or something like that. Rufus actually needlessly sacrificed tons of Soot Wolf lives to save her once. That's how obsessed he is with her!

So yeah. He's an enemy of the Wolves, I suppose. Although I think they don't really know that yet, if this thread's taking place alongside her struggles against Varian (Which have begun very recently, time-line wise).

Ethereal-Star

OK, thanks for the explanation. I'll need to read up more on the timeline thing before I decide anything really. Isn't Owl Rhi's character?

DaGlobster

Well, there is no set time line per se (as in, it hasn't been written down).

Here's a quick summary though:

Owl runs into a cat burglar named Herrick, who's stealing a book from a library. Herrick takes a shining to her, however, and through a series of discussions and events, convinces her to allow him to deliver the book to the mysterious stranger who hired him to acquire it for him before she tries to bust him.

Owl tries to bust Herrick's shadowy employer, and it turns out to be Varian. Varian nearly rapes Owl, but Herrick saves her, and they're currently in a long, twisted spiral of slowly growing madness as Varian torments and stalks them.

They're currently in like...the fifth day of hiding from him.

And yes, Owl is Rhi's character. But this thread with Byron and Varian shouldn't overlap with Owl and Herrick's thread, so that doesn't pose a problem.

Ethereal-Star

Ah, okay then. I thought there was a timeline thread in the Soot Wolves sub-forum though?

DaGlobster

Well, you can check. If there is, I had nothing to do with it.