Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yvhv's DnD Place and Stuff

Started by Yvhv, March 18, 2015, 11:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

Hiyas. im trying to make a dnd class for dnd 3.5. idk if its already been done or not, but i just anyone who plays dnd to check it out and give me some feed back. its really early in the developmental stages, so bear with any holes it might have. oh, and although it bears resemblance to the mechanics of inarcanum based classes like the totemist, its a hat toss at this point on whether its divine, arcane, inarcanic or psionic in function. so here i go, and lets have some fun. im open to suggestions and such.

the concept is for this thing to graft weapons and abilities and stuff into their bodies with tattoos and use them as extensions of their body. but only certain things can be tattooed certain places and only certain things can be tattooed a certain number of times.

for instance: graft a sword into your wrist, and when you use the "activate" ability to bring it forth, you can either literally pull the tattoo from your body and have the object, or you could sprout it from the limb .‏ or inscribe a fireball spell into your index finger and launch it as a spell like ability and have class features that let you modify it.‏like instead of just a fireball, you can modify it to be like a fire whip or shield, but it comes form your finger tip only.‏

and as a constraint, the object can only fit in a designated space based on its size. a size medium weapon can become a size small tattoo, and it takes up that much body space. (the dimension of the item or weapon)‏ whereas spells have ot be inscribed as either an image of what they do, an intricate symbol or have their incantation inscribed as a a tattoo.

so far, this is all i have as a basis. any suggestions on how to improve this and make it work well would be neat. i do know that this class can only use basic or martial weapons and wear only light armor. They are profecient with only bucklers and light shields.