Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Whim's wants and limits

Started by Whim, April 17, 2015, 12:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whim

PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?

Adventure, slice of life, and drama/intrigue. I tend to like gritty and realist elements that show the ugly side of things, where conflicts aren't neatly resolved.

Most of all I want to see character development in an arc. In my opinion a good thread is one that let's you push a character's story forward, or let's you explore some unseen side of them. I like it when my RP partner's think about what they want to get out of the thread.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?

I don't like it when one player assumes a reactionary role and the burden of moving the plot falls on the other. I'm also not much for romance. It doesn't mean no, but its not really my thing.

How often can you reply to any given thread?

I try to write something once-a-day. Sometimes it can be up to a week.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

A month or so? I won't lie that I tend to impatient but only because I'm excited!

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?

I prefer play-by-post.

Are you open to post volleying?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other. If so, what's the best way to set that up?)

Sure! When something exciting is happening I want to see what happens next. Just shoot me a PM and we'll set up a time.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

I'm not overly keen on it. I want to be the one describing my characters' thoughts and actions. I don't mind a character being poked, grabbed, etc. for humor but in dramatic situations I want to be in control.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I'm not terribly interested in romance. I'll write male/female and male/male. Major age differences are a no.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
(Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

Fade to black.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

Sure.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

I'm fine with violence so long as its not gratuitous. I'll let you know if its too much.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
(Are you comfortable with such themes? Do you prefer to avoid them? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out?)

I'd prefer to fade to black or have it be implied.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)

Let me know ahead of time if you plan to make any permanent changes to my characters. I'm definitely open to my characters changing, I just want a say in it.

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)

I don't mind superficial wounds being healed. If an affliction that defines my character is being removed, I think that deserves a plot of its own just the same as a transformation.

Anything else?

I'm a bit of a planner when it comes to roleplay. Not that I want everything set in stone, but I like when people have a vision in mind for what they want to achieve or where they want the story to go.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Whim

Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Tags: