Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Phone lifted a brow at his confession.
"You sure you weren't drunk and misconstrued those details as well?" She folded her arms across her chest. "I don't have a reputation, my family is on the poor end of the noble spectrum, and we haven't even done anything famous that would bring any sort of shame or scandal to our family line! So forgive me if I find it hard to believe you'd think I'd be... whatever it is these people think I am, but it even sounds ridiculous to presume against someone! I mean do you even know how old I am? I'm only seventeen!" she chided. "What sort of seventeen year old girl is a part of some big, traitorous scheme? I mean sure, one could read about it in books, but those are mostly fiction books, and I own about a dozen of 'em!"

"And who's to say they even hired someone else? I don't know those people, I don't know you, and for all I know, this story is baloney! And you prattling on about people wanting my blood has me skeptical. Did you not know they were like vampires or something? Cause it sure as heck sounds like they're vampires!"

And then her eyes narrowed upon him.
"And how do I know your not a vampire, too? And that you 'saved' me from those men just to drink my blood yourself!" And soon, she got in a defensive position, in case this man tried anything funny!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"I know what I was hired for, but I don't know why they want you," Kinn said. "If your family has no reputation, no enemies, then maybe its something different!  I don't know!  Maybe you were cursed as a baby and your blood has magical properties!" Kinn said exasperatedly. "Yes, I do know how old you are, and I don't think it matters to them, just that there is something different about your blood and they want it." 

When she got to the part about vampires Kinn sighed and put his hand on his face.  He shook his head and lowered his hand. "I'm not a vampire, see?" he bared his teeth at her, teeth that were not fangs. "And you may think I'm crazy, but you know that in that abandoned building back there someone was trying to get you and kill me.  You can't deny that."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Stubborn as ever, Phone kept her arms crossed over her chest.
"All I know is they could have been going after you and I was inconveniently being carried off! And how am I to believe you're not a vampire? Just because your fangs aren't out now, doesn't mean you won't sprout them later!" She read books on them! There were quite a lot of vampire varieties in the world!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Kinn sighed, couldn't she see? "They said 'He failed, we need the girl.  Do not harm her, but kill him!' so they were obviously after a girl, and I'm not a girl!  And yes, I could be a vampire, but I don't want your blood, and I don't think they're vampire's either.  if they wanted blood to drink they could get it from any random person, I think they want it for something more, something, well, worse."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone opened her mouth to counter that, but then promptly closed it. Thinking over what he said, it was hard for her to argue.

"Well, let's say you're right. Do you have proof? Like, a contract you signed or like, names of who these men are?"

JackieCat

Kinn felt like melting.  He hadn't signed anything!  What a complete idiot he was, taking a job from a stranger to kidnap a teenager!  what had he been thinking?  That was it, he hadn't been.

"No, I haven't signed anything, but the name of the leader is Syrion, he's a mage, but, like I said before, I never saw him.  It could have been him who ordered the other men to find and kill me and capture you.  He also was the one who cast the spells, unless he has another mage who is working for him.  Then there's the second in command, his name is named Girion, he's a stocky muscly guy, and he's gruff and now that I know he's evil I can't believe I didn't see it before.  His glare, his voice, everything!"  Kinn threw up his hands in exasperation, but then, at least Phone was starting to at least consider that he was telling the truth.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone's face twisted in confusion. So many names and not one rang a bell! But after a moment, something clicked.

"Wait.. did you say Syrion?"

JackieCat

Kinn's eyes widened, maybe she knew something about all this after all! "Yes, yes, Syrion!  Do you know him?  Do you recognize the name?"

Finally!  Something they both knew about!  Possibly.  It could just have been a name she had heard somewhere random, or perhaps there was another Syrion.  Kinn tried not to get his hopes up, but it was hard after trying to get her to believe him for all this time! 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Her face scrunched.
"I dunno... I don't think it's the same guy."
She gave a curious tilt of her head.
"I mean... I ran into him just a few times when I was at the library..."
Clearly crazy people did NOT go to libraries, which is where she wished she would have hidden that night instead of run into this crazy man! Internally she was still flailing over this situation, but without, she was simply chewing on the inside of her cheek.

JackieCat

"But it might be!" Kinn said, not giving up hope. "Do you know anything else about him?  Do you know if he has a last name?  Or a first name?  Or if he lives near here?  How old is he?  What's he look like?"

Then Kinn took a step back, and passed a hand over his face. "No, I'm sorry, I know your probably pretty freaked out right now, but so am I."  He swallowed and rubbed his eyes, he looked, and felt, as if he was going to have a mental breakdown.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

It was at about this time Phone actually began to feel sorry for this guy.. you know, for being crazy and stuff. But it honestly did seem like he was stuck in the middle of something, even if she didn't believe she was in the middle of it. So, she took in a deep breath and placed her hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Look... do you think you can at least handle the next ten seconds and remain calm?"

JackieCat

Kinn took a deep shaky breath and looked straight back into her eyes. "Right, yes, stay calm."
He looked down and then around the barn, then back at Phone.

"Okay, let's see, right, what else do you know about this man Syrion?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone sighed and gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulders. Well, he got one thing right. He was EXCEPTIONALLY bad at kidnapping, but hey, everyone had their vices!

"Look, you just worry about the next ten seconds to keep your head clear, okay? I'm trying to think about what I know on this man but its really distracting with you prattling on all nervous and- OH!"
Her eyes lit up as she remembered something suddenly.

"THAT WAS THE MAN I FIRST THOUGHT WAS A CREEPER TRYING TO LOOK DOWN MY DRESS!"
And boy did she look unhappy to remember THAT.

JackieCat

"Ooh," Kinn said, kind of grimacing at what she said. "Well, if we're talking about the same guy, then that seems like their could be a connection.  I mean most self-respecting men don't do that kind of thing, right?"  Kinn frowned. "Wait, there was one thing I remember hearing once, one of the men said that Syrion was young, well not really young, but in his mid-twenties.  How old was this, uh, well, your Syrion?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Not being in her twenties yet (as that thought felt so foreign to her!), she simply blinked.
To her (despite her not being too far from 20 herself!) thought that age was ancient. But hten again, she was horrible at telling ages.

"Uh.." She blinked.
"I guess... that.. old?"
She had no idea.

JackieCat

"Mid-twenties, a little older than me, I'm twenty-three, he was maybe twenty-five or twenty six.  Did he kind of look the same age as me?" Kinn shook his head.  "Anyway, anything else about him?  Just his age isn't going to help us much.  What did he look like, I know he was a creep, but wouldn't that help you remember him?  I mean, bad things usually stick with you, as well as the best things."

Kinn really didn't know how to go about an investigation, he wasn't a detective, was he?  No, he was a mage.  A stupid, stupid mage who had gotten into a huge problem.  But he really didn't regret his decision to agree to kidnap Phone, If he had't she could be dead by now.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone blinked and went on sheepishly, "Er.. to be honest, I want to forget what he looked like. Those memories.."
She grit her teeth and shivered.
"Blonde hair." She grimaced."Blonde hair and silver eyes. And though he looked.. hrm, about your age, I think he was balding."

JackieCat

"I know what you mean, about wanting to forget," Kinn said kindly, completely understanding the want to forget undesirable people, "but any bit of information could be important."
At least he thought so, he still had really no solid idea about what to do, but he wanted to sound as if he had some sort of confidence, rather than show his true feelings, which had something to do with running around in little circles, screaming, and pulling his hair out.

He frowned when she described the man. "Hmm, okay, does he still go to library?  I mean it wasn't just that he came once or twice and never came again.  Is he a frequent visitor?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

"Er, I didn't really notice him until he noticed me. But it seemed he kept appearing conveniently after that and well, I just decided to only go to the library in the mornings. It was less crowded, more peaceful, and the man never seemed to show up after that."

JackieCat

Kinn nodded. "How long ago was that?  The last time he came into the library, I mean?  And what about your parents?  They must be worried about you, you just disappeared!  And they're probably searching for you now.  We have to do something about that, you have to tell them something."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor