Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Phone didn't know how to answer any of that. And that's what she said, and at his last comment about her family, she have a frustrated huff.
"Well if you hadn't tried to kidnap me they wouldn't have a reason to worry in the first place!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"Look," Kinn said, holding up his hands. "If I hadn't kidnapped you, you never would have listened to me, and right now, you could be being carted off to some secret lair by a guy who tried to look down your dress.  A guy who tried to look down your dress and wants your blood.  Would you really have wanted that?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone went quiet and fidgeted.
"Well, no, but I- er.."
Darn! He had a point!
"But what do we do about it? Not only would my parents be worried, but what if they're also in danger!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Kinn thought for a moment. "I don't know if your family is in danger.  Syrion may just think that as me being, well, who I am, and you being only seventeen, he'll be able to get us pretty easily.  If he thought he would have trouble, he may go after your family to get you to cooperate and go without a fight."  Kinn bit his lip, thinking.  "What do you think we should do?  Go talk to your parents?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

"Oh, without a doubt! I can't leave them to be worried sick over me!"
Especially since they worried when she was even a few minutes late arriving home from the library!

JackieCat

"Right," Kinn said, and he walked to the door out of the stables.  He looked out the door and into the street.  It was deserted, or so it seemed to the naked eye.  He pulled reached into one of his spell pouches and pulled out a pinch of sand.  He whispered a word and blew onto the spell component.  The sand disappeared and the detection spell spread across the street.  Kinn stepped back into the stable and turned to Phone. "There's no one watching the stable, but there are people patrolling the streets near here.  We'll have to be very quiet."  Kinn looked down at Phone's bare feet and then went to the other stable door that was leading into the connected house.  He knocked on the door and a few moments later John the stableman opened the door.

"You want to buy a horse?" he asked.

"No," Kinn said. "A pair of woman's boots." He looked back at Phone. "If you want them, that is."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Surprised, she suddenly latched onto to his arm and hissed out a whisper, "That would be nice but I have no money!"

JackieCat

"I do," Kinn said, putting his hand over hers. "I was paid when I, um, agreed to that job from Syrion." Kinn didn't want John to know he had been sent to kidnap Phone. "So basically, they're paying for your shoes."

John raised his eyebrows, having no idea what they were talking about. "Sure, I got some boots, I'll be right back."

He went back into the house and returned a few moments later with a pair of boots. "If they don't fit, my daughter has some old ones that she won't mind me selling to you.  And that'll be five coppers."

Kinn took out the money but waited to see if they would fit Phone before giving it to John.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

The shoes were a tad small, but she didn't complain. She was just glad they fit at all! And the price? Wow, only a few coppers? That seemed really cheap!
"Well they fit okay. Tell your daughter I said thanks!" Phone went on, beaming, but the smile was forced because well, this situation wasn't exactly something she had planned to be caught up in! And it wasn't this man's fault, after all!

JackieCat

"Ah, it's no problem," John said, smiling, and then he stepped back into his house.  When he was gone, Kinn turned to Phone.

"Okay, are you ready?" he asked, walking to the stable door.  While he waited for Phone's answer he rummaged around in his spell pouches, readying any components he might need if a fight, or a chase, arose.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone drew in a careful breath and cautiously stepped outside behind him.
She gave a nod.
"Yeah, I'm ready," she told him, before exhaling. "Which way should we go? My home wasn't that far from where the party was."

JackieCat

"Would they still be at the party?" Kinn asked Phone, after all, she knew her parents better than he did! "Or would they go home?  I know where the party was at, I can get us back there, but I don't know where you live.  I would assume that they are still at the mansion where the party was, looking for you there, but you would know better than I what they would do."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Oh, he had a point.
"You know.. they're probably still at the party. And if they havent realized my absence yet, I'm sure they would have by now! Come on!" She gave his arm a tug. "Let's get going!"

JackieCat

"Quietly," Kinn hissed as he opened the door and slipped into the night. "This way."

He walked silently down the street, staying near the buildings and in the deep shadows.  The moon was out, but the shadows were dark enough to conceal them.  The mansion wasn't far, but Kinn decided to take roundabout way, in case the path straight back was being watched.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

"Er.. you know you're taking the long way, right?"

JackieCat

"Shh!" Kinn hissed. "And yes, I do know.  The quickest way might be being watched by Syrion or his people."

They moved through the streets fairly quickly, and they came across no trouble.  Soon Kinn was looking over the grounds of the mansion.  He could hear shouting guards. "It seems like the might have the whole place looking for you."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone paled.
"How long were we gone?"
she didn't think it had been too long, but judging by the moon, which she could no longer see, it had to have been hours. She drew in a breath to calm herself before slowly releasing it.
"So.. what's the plan? We just walk back in like everything is okay?"

"OH, PHONECIA! THERE YOU ARE!"

And at her mother's voice, Phone froze before the woman swept between the two of them and hugged onto Phone tightly.
"By Kia's name, Phone, we've been worried sick! Where have you been?"

"Uh, er.. n-no where really, Mom. And I'm fine, see? Not even a scratch on me!"

Her mother sighed with relief.
"Yes, well...." and she looked her over from head to toe and noticed her boots- And that's when she finally noticed Kinn.

"And who's this young man?" she inquired, staring at him suspiciously.

"Uh..." Phone looked around hurriedly before looking to Kinn and lightly kicked his leg. It was time for him to speak up! She couldn't keep on prattling here! She wasn't very good at lying! Especially to her mom! Then again, her mother could smell a lie a mile away!

JackieCat

Kinn's eyes widened. "Um-well, I, uh. . ." should he tell the truth?  Lie?  What did Phone want him to do?

'I'll lie,' he thought. "Well, Ma'am, you daughter and I were talking, and we decided that it was very hot in the building, so we decided to take a walk, to talk and get to know each other better.  We were going to come back after a short while, but we got carried away. . ."

'Ohmygod,' he thought. 'That sounds like we were-!'
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

"Oh good heavens! You poor thing!" her mother exclaimed. "I know Phone can be a handful! When she gets excited, no one can stand in her way! I'm just surprised she did not drag you off to the library to hunt for books. You should know her curiosity is insatiable. just be glad she had you back before dinner! We are fortunate our host prefers dinner at such an hour!"

Phone could not believe her mother! She was embarrassing her in front of a stranger.

"Mom..." phone pleaded but her mother waved her off.

"I don't believe I got your name...."

"That's because he didn't give it." Phone replied between her teeth.

"Oh? I suppose we never met and introductions are in order!  Let me just wave down my husband, he'll be so thrilled Phone made a friend!"

JackieCat

'I thank all the gods that ever were, are, or will be that she didn't take it wrongly!' Kinn thought, but then Phone's mother decided it would be good for him to meet Phone's father.

The mage leaned over to Phone. "What are we supposed to do, tell them the truth?" he hissed, just barely loud enough for Phone to hear. "We have to do something!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor