Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On the road again! [Glooob!]

Started by Rhindeer, May 19, 2015, 09:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Durga raked both hands through her hair in agitation. "Well, I still know nothing about your goddamned feuds and wars and I frankly don't give a shit! I'm a neutral party!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"And I don't give a shit either!" Motark said, raising his voice at Durga for the first time.

"You're my prisoner, Godsdamnit! Now start acting like one before we're both ousted."

Rhindeer

Durga opened her mouth to retort, then closed it with a huff. Indeed, she had perhaps...forgotten she was his prisoner, by the casual way he treated her. But she WAS a prisoner, and she WAS at his mercy.

She rounded her shoulders into a hunch. "Fine," she grumped, crossing her arms before giving him a surly look. "What's your name, anyway?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Motark let out a slow breath, visibly calming himself.

"Motark Bloodspear."

Rhindeer

"Durga," she said, and held her hand out to him. "That's my name, I mean."

DaGlobster

Motark nodded, and he gave her hand a shake to acknowledge her effort.

"No second name?"

Rhindeer

"Nope," Durga said as she drew her hand away. "Just plain old Durga. Don't need a second name. My first name's strong enough."

DaGlobster

Motark stood up off his seat, and sat cross-legged in front of Durga, so he could talk to her easier.

"I admire your confidence."

Rhindeer

Durga tensed, briefly, when Motark stood, but when he only sat down in front of her, she relaxed again. She still didn't trust him. That much was clear in the way she regarded him, eyes slightly narrowed. He was a threat, she was a captive, and this could all go tits up in a flash. She'd heard the stories about what orcs did to captives, and the thought made her stomach twist anew.

"So," she finally said, leaning her cheek on her hand, "how do prisoners act?"

DaGlobster

"I'm not quite sure. In order to keep appearances, I... I haven't really taken any."

Motark winced, knowing how bad that sounded. It was the truth, though.

"I guess I can mock you up as my slave. It'd be easier than just keeping you locked up somewhere."

Rhindeer

In other words, he'd killed them all.

Durga's stomach gave another little twist. What made her special, then, she wanted to ask. But she didn't get the chance, because that was when he brought up his plan.

She physically recoiled. "Your slave? What the fuck?"

DaGlobster

"I'm just thinking out loud here!" Motark said, a hint of anger entering his voice.

Just then, wind and fluttering could be heard outside. Motark got up onto his feet, and looked down at her.

"Look dejected. Someone's coming in."

Rhindeer

It wasn't difficult to play dejected, because damned if she didn't feel it. Durga rounded her shoulders and lowered her head, eyes downcast, and fell silent. Of course, dejected or not, deep down inside she was just pissed. Pissed to have gotten caught and now pissed that she was probably going to have to pretend to be a slave, and pissed that she couldn't just leave and get on with her life because of stupid rivalries she wasn't even involved in!

Gods! She couldn't go anywhere without someone getting pissed off by her mere existence!

DaGlobster

The flap to Motark's bedroom flipped open, and a robed figure stepped in. The robes were stitched with talismans and writings, and the figure pulled its hood back to reveal a rather attractive hobgoblin woman, its grey skin setting it apart from the countless greenskins that no doubt inhabited this camp.

"Nevermind, it's alright," Motark said to Durga, and the hobgoblin stepped closer.

"my chief," it said in its voice, and it bowed.

"Is she hurt?"

Motark shrugged, and looked to Durga.

Rhindeer

...What the fuck was that thing? That was no orc, that was for certain.

Durga stared at the woman, but relaxed when told it was okay. What? Was she in on this or something? Whatever this was? This charade where she was a prisoner who wasn't really a prisoner? Sweet fucking dickweeds, she was so damned confused right now, and she knew it couldn't all be because of her head.

She waved a hand. "I'm fine. Head fucking hurts, but I'm more fucking confused than anything. The hell's going on?"

DaGlobster

The hobgoblin woman smirked, and cautiously moved to kneel by Durga so she could inspect her head.

"I don't blame you for your confusion," she said, eyes shimmering with magic as she used sight beyond her eyes to survey Durga's condition. She shot Motark a glance, and he cleared his throat.

"I know that this is shitty to you," he started.

"And had it just been me out there when we met, I would've let you go. Hells, we might have even had a conversation," he said, and he gave Durga a sympathetic smile. The hobgoblin woman held her hands a few inches from Durga's temples and her pain would start to fade away. After that, the hobgoblin stood up, looking to Motark.

"I know it's very difficult to trust me right now, but I will do my best to--"

Motark cut off when the sound of a deep, droning horn reached the tent, and immediately looked to the hobgoblin, whose eyes were similarly wide.

"Is it--"

Motark held a hand up, and she went quiet. Again, the same horn in the distance.

Tags: