Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fragile Ground To Walk Upon. [open!]

Started by Draconian, April 25, 2015, 01:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

What the...

Raizel stared up and frowned deeply. Aki took flight off of her shoulder and moved to high in the trees, crying out loudly at the suddenly interuption of their walk. She didn't take out her sword, instead she just stared at it with a less than pleased look on her face.

"Kilarhas," Raizel said evenly, looking over her shoulder at him as he ran forward. Who else would expect, "Is this your dragon?" Her arms crossed over her chest and she tilted her head. Not surprised at the sight of the dragon but rather offended by all the ice.

JackieCat

Kilarhas grimaced. "She is," he slowed to a walk as he neared the woman. "Sorry about her, she likes to tease people every once in a while."  Kilarhas glared at the dragon. "But, I assure you, when she's not acting like she was born yesterday she's actually a pretty smart and sometimes serene dragon.  It snaps on and off."

I hope I didn't offend you.  The dragon, Keyne, sent the message mentally to Raizel, but as she sent it her eyes widened. There is something different about you, what is it?

"She's a winged elf with a powerful thing in her chest," Kilarhas said. "But her wings were removed and her memory erased."  He looked to Raizel and frowned. "I hope you don't care that I told her, but everything I know, she can know."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Draconian

The appearance of the dragon made her stare and frown. This situation was so familiar. A being working with a dragon. There was a country that did that. Raizel licked her lips and gently gnawed on the inside of her cheek. Why was this so familiar. Her heart began to race and she just stared at the two for a moment. Aki simply sat in the trees, looking down upon the group feeling rather irritated at being surprised.

"I don't care who you tell," Raizels voice was curt and she looked between the two, "There's a country that does this." She nodded between the two, "Dragon riders." Why couldn't she remember the name?  It seemed like such an important name. A whole country name she couldn't remember.

"What's it called."

JackieCat

Kilarhas frowned as Raizel seemed to be thinking about something.  At her question he cocked his head to the side. "Do you mean Adela?" he asked.

Why wouldn't Raizel know that, or had she forgotten that as well as her other memories?  Was he starting to remember a little?  Or was this just some strange flash of memory that would never come again?

Kilarhas didn't know, and he wasn't going to ask the young woman, as she had made it plain to him that she was uninteresting about finding more about her past, and that was her decision, and the elf wasn't going to press it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Draconian

Adela?

That named seemed important. Raizel winced and rolled her shoulders, "Yes. I believe that's it." She looked towards the great beast and put her hands on her hips, looking over her shoulder at Kilarhas for a moment before she faced the dragon. "So.. Is there... two of you or... are you one being with two bodies?"

JackieCat

"Oh, there's two of us alright," Kilarhas said, walking up to stand next to Keyne and putting his hand on her shoulder. "It's just that our souls are so intertwined we can nearly read each others thoughts when we are near each other, and I don't mean the mental messages Keyne sends.  Anyone can receive those, but as in I know what she's thinking and what she's going to do next, and she knows the same of me."

We can also call to each other from long distances, Keyne added, over the whole of Le'raana if need be.

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Raize stared for a moment, "I'm sure that's very useful."  Raizel took a step closer, removing her glove from her hand. They were a lady's hands, despite the sword play, slim fingers, nice looking nails. She looked up at Keyne, "Aki and I do not share that connection." She looked up at the tree, amused at the Raven that was going to have nothing to do with the dragon.

"I feed him and he likes the company I guess." Her hand still out, palm out, "May I touch you, Keyne?"

JackieCat

The dragon raised her eyebrow ridges, her silver eyes wide, but she lowered her head so it was level with Raizel's face.
'Why not?' the dragon sent. 'But why?'

As Keyne 'spoke' to Raizel, Kilarhas looked at the bird, Aki.  To him, it looked slightly evil, but only in a grumpy way, as if unwilling to do anything that wasn't it's idea.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Aki turned his beady little bird eyes to Kilarhas and cawed at him, fluffing his feathers but not moving from his perch. Screw the giant scaly bird, he was fine up here.

Raizel held out her hand and pressed it against the dragons body. Her eyes closed and she grew sad. Like something welled up in her chest and soon enough her face was wet with tears that she quickly wiped away. Giving Keyne a gentle pat she stepped away and took a breath. "It's familar." She said softly, looking at the dragon and then back at Kilarhas offering him a kind smile, though strained. "She seems so familiar to me, like... I'm supposed to know but..." Raizel shrugged and turned away, giving Kilarhas a pat on the shoulder, "Thank you for trying to help me, though."

JackieCat

Keyne cocked her head to the side, her eyes soft as she saw Raizel's tears.

Familiar? she sent the message so only Kilarhas could receive it.

I don't know, he sent back.  He could only send messages to her, because of their connection, and he would have to use magic for any other telepathic communication.

"I know what you said before, about not wanting to remember," Kilarhas said to Raizel. "But I'm going to tell you my opinion, and you don't have to agree, just listen.  If you are supposed to know, supposed to remember, like you just said maybe you are supposed to, then I think you should try and remember.  Especially if it is going to torment you the rest of your life, and by my magical scan, the rest of your life will be very long."

Keyne grunted softly and reached out her neck to gently nudge Raizel's back.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

Raizel pressed her hands to her chest, frowning. "I have nothing." Aki cawed from his treebranches and she gave a smile and rolled her eyes, "The feel of the dragon is familiar. Like I know how it should feel." She shrugged and let her hands drop to her sides.

"Maybe someday, I'll know." She gave a shrug, "I'm not going to devote what life I have now to remembering what life I had before." It made sense to her, what use was remembering something she'd forgotten when it was such a trouble to remember anyway. It made no sense and only lead her to being frustrated. "I tried remembering. It just made me angry. Now, I go where I feel like I need to be, and I don't need to be here anymore."

Raizel gave a bow fit for a king to Kilarhas and she offered him a smile and a nod of her head. "Thank you, though."

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded. "Maybe it will come to you, in time.  I've heard of memory losses and over the years the memories slowly came back until they were all intact." The elf shrugged. "But I don't know."

He smiled when Raizel bowed to him, and he returned the gesture with a bow of his own. "Your welcome, though I bet I just brought back feelings you may not have wanted to have." 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

"I'm sure they will," Raizel commented idly, giving the dragon another sidelong look. Adela was the place with the dragons. Maybe she should go there? The idea filled her with dread and she looked up at the sky before taking a deep breath. "You didn't bring anything back." Slowly she pulled her glove back on, made sure her sword was at her side and her pack was secure on her shoulder.

"Unless you've a plan to infiltrate more bandit groups for me to sneak in and dispose of before you can, I suppose this is goodbye." Raizel didn't travel with companions except for Aki and she gave Kilarhas a lingering look and a soft smile.

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded to the woman and smiled.
"Nope, no more bandits, for the time being, at least."  Kilarhas bowed again. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Raizel.  I hope that your life goes down a path that you will enjoy."

Kilarhas climbed onto Keyne's back and patted the dragon, who nodded to Raizel and sent her a mental message, saying it, too, had been a pleasure to meet the woman.

"Farewell," Kilarhas said as the dragon turned around and took of.  Kilarhas waved back to Raizel and Aki until they shrunk out of sight as the elf and dragon flew away over the trees.

The End
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor