Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Memories that Haunt You and Me

Started by Draconian, June 19, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Raizel gave him an appreciative look, smirking ever so slightly before she handed him the clothing. "I'd ask if that was for me but i fear i might be disappointed." She teased at his state of undress before she rolled his pants out, black and held the shirt. "Maybe offer it again when its more warm out?"

Rhindeer

...Oh, ha ha.

Cadmus gave her a flat look before he glanced down, saw what she was talking about, and looked back up with a wry twist to his lips.

"Do you want me to offer it then?" he asked as he started to wriggle into the pants.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

Raizel shrugged.

Did she?

"Sure, why not? You only live once right?" She paused, did that count for her? A purse of her lips and a shift of her weight and she watched Cadmus dress himself. It was a fun event to watch. Like candy wrapping its self.

Raizel wasnt sure if it was a strange unknown cannibalistic tendency or attraction that made her want to lick that scar on his neck. No doubt she was zmstaring at it. "I've booked us a room at the tavern. And by booked i mean i licked the door and threatened death upon anyone that goes in while im gone." A small smile and sbe puffed out her cheeks, " apparently they have good pot roast."

Rhindeer

He honestly couldn't tell if she was serious or joking. Everything out of her mouth seemed to be a silly quip, but the question was, were they just silly quips or was she the type to use humor to disguise her true opinions?

Well. He was fairly certain she didn't literally lick the door.

He was fairly certain that she had probably threatened death to people.

He wasn't sure whether or not she actually wanted him?

It wasn't like he would be opposed; she was lovely on the eyes, and good, amusing company, and if this day was anything to go by, she'd probably be entertaining in bed, too. But he also knew, with a slight pang of guilt, that he'd deceived her. He was no innocent bystander; he'd worked as a double agent for the very people that she'd saved him from, and he'd done plenty more shady jobs before them. It was a sort of work that came naturally to him. Scarily so.

Pulling his shirt on over his head, he rolled his shoulders, finding it a little tight there but otherwise comfortable. "I wasn't aware humans also scent-marked," he said with a smirk. "You're very territorial. Black wings, you said? Are you perhaps part magpie?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

Raizel looked over her shoulder at where she was pretty sure she once had wings.

"Maybe. I do like me some shinies," Arms folded over her chest she rolled her shoulders in response to him - though her top fit much better. "All dressed?" She looked him up and down, "Okay, now, tonight, when you're sleeping. Don't rip the clothes." A slight frown, "Or just sleep naked.  I'm already poor, I can't be affording to buy you clothes every time you go bird-kitty."

And with that, she turned around and began to meander her way back to the town with her newly clothed friend - hopefully behind her. Didn't want to leave him behind or anything.

Rhindeer

Cadmus gave a small shrug. "I usually just sleep naked," he said. Not because he usually had issues with control--that was just because he was weak and wounded--but because it was just more comfortable for him in general. Let everything hang out and give it all a chance to breathe!

But then he paused, a sudden thought striking, and gave her a sidelong look, brow slightly scrunched. "Unless I have company that prefers I don't, that is. You said we have a room. Singular. How many beds?"

Draconian

Raizel gave him a look, "one bed, but plenty of floorspace. And a chair." A simple shrug, "I figured you're injured and im used to sleeping on the ground, so... it would be easy enough to decide who gets the bed." Raizels voice dipped and she leaned towards Cadmus, giving her eyebrows an exaggerated wiggle. "Unless you want company."

Rhindeer

Cadmus snorted at that and rolled his eyes, giving her shoulder a playful shove. "I've probably slept on the ground more than you. Being, you know, a gryphon. I'm probably better suited to it, too. It's not uncomfortable, you know. Our bodies were made for it. Humans weren't."

He poked her side. "You're too squishy. In all seriousness, though, you can have it."

And then he lifted an eyebrow. "Unless you want company?"

Draconian

"Of course i want company," she replied honestly, giving him a brief look, " if i didnt i wouldnt be taking care of your wounded head now, would I?" Raizel smiled and curled her arm around his for a moment and lead him along. 

"Fine. If you want to sleep on the bed with me you can do that. If you want to sleep on the floor you can also do that. Sound good?" A sweet smile and a fluttering of her eyes to him.

Rhindeer

"I'd much prefer the bed," Cadmus admitted, glancing down to where their arms were linked. Built to sleep on the ground or not, living as a human had spoiled him, and he really, really didn't want to sleep on the floor. He had only offered because it was the gentlemanly thing to do--and had been hoping quite powerfully that she would say the exact words she said.

"I'll even keep my clothes on, if you'd be more comfortable," he added, patting her arm. "And I promise--cross my heart and everything--not to tear them up by shifting. Unless, of course, you're a naked sleeper, too, in which case I won't object to that either."

Draconian

Raizel liked winning and she grinned at him when he confessed to wanting to sleep on the bed. Victory was sweet and added extra warmth to the sheets, clearly. A brief pause and she looked thoughtful, "hasnt been warm enough to sleep naked lately, though i imagine if the opprtunity came about i could take it. Gods know id try anything once."

Having chatted and leading him along, the idle banter led them right to the tavern. Two stories and modest, Raizel rolled her shoulders and pushed the door open. The smell of bread, mead, stew and old wood . "Welcome to your home for the night," a smile over her shoulder and a friendly wave from the tavern keeper.

"Already bought us a meal so... have at it."

Rhindeer

"You were busy," Cadmus said with raised eyebrows as they entered the tavern. "No wonder it took you an hour. I'd almost started to believe you cut and run, but instead you were being...sweet."

He took a deep breath, and his stomach gurgled at the savory smells that filled the air--especially the meat. Oh, he could gorge himself on bread and sweets and even vegetables if left to his own devices, but nothing beat meat. And he had come to enjoy even cooked meats slathered in spices and sauce.

...Though he still preferred it bloody.

"Gods," he said as a serving maid came bustling out, carrying their food to a table for them--pot roast, just as she'd said. He slumped into a chair, grateful to be off his feet finally, and just stared at the meal before him.

It was beautiful.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" he asked as he dug in, and moaned around that first glorious bite. "Because it's working."

Draconian

( 8D I have completely forgotten about her Raven pet. We'll say he's off somewhere doing bird things)

A quick bark of a laugh and she tucked her hair behind her ear, "I get as much out of this as you do," She stated. Which was true. Sure, this way it cost a little more to her dwindling funds but... She got some interesting kitty-bird company and ... Company. Raizel looked to Cadmus while he was drooling over the meal and she smiled a little. It never really struck her how lonely she was for Sort Of Human contact until it was in her face.

His question of seduction caught her off guard and she watched him while she poked at her own meal. Her cooking really was awful, god. Perhaps she'd try to get better for her own sake. Maybe get some decent spices. Or hunt meat more often.

"It is?" she leaned forward and tilted her head, "Well, good thing we're sharing a bed." Raizel winked at him after a moment, "That'll quiet the tune, I hog blankets."

Rhindeer

[Stealing shinies! 8D]

"So do I," Cadmus answered with a wry smile before looking down at his meal, which was nearly done. Gods, he could have eaten three bowls of the stuff--but he wasn't about to take advantage of Raizel's generosity. So he slowed down a little, to give himself a chance to feel full.

"Guess we'll see who wins there. Me? I've perfected the technique of rolling the covers under myself. Good luck stealing them."

Draconian

Raizel dug into her own meal hungrily, pushing away the bits of vegetables that weren't good (to her). It bothered her on a few levels that she couldn't look at a thing and go 'I don't like that' and just... Push it away. A few times, she'd probably made a face, pushed the food around in her bowl and resumed eating. What an odd situation to be in.

"I'm not lying," She stated, "All I can afford is one bed, luckly, it's made for adults and not some tiny person," Because she wasn't tiny. She was one of the taller people she'd come across on her travels. So far. Raizel watched her guest curiously again, committing the little features to memory. The fact he could turn into a kitty-bird was interesting and the scar on his throat.

She pressed her fingers to her own throat, entertained, on some level, that was one of the few places she wasn't scarred. "Well, when you're ready, don't worry, when we wake up I won't make us breakfast. One more splurge for breakfast, then we get to hunt or... You can... eat mice or something."

She nudged his leg with his under the table and smiled, " You do eat mice, right?"

Rhindeer

[Almost posted this using her real name throughout. xD Whooops!]

Cadmus's expression was deadpan.

"Sometimes," he said. "I usually go for larger game. Mice are a snack, not a meal. But they've got a good crunch."

He had been told in the past that such talk was...distasteful, and so he usually avoided it for the sake of others. Apparently humans thought only certain animals were edible and others were gross, even though they were all made of fur and bone and blood and offal. Raizel, however, for whatever reason just invited it. Not because he was trying to disgust her, really, but because she gave it right back in spades.

He hid a smirk behind a final bite of stew.

"The fur's a little annoying, though," he said, and cleared his throat. "Hairballs."

Draconian

[ I'm sure no one would have ANY idea of who you're talking about even if you did use her real name the whole time : D Also, this is why i can't let you in on secrets |8 ]

Mice were a snack.

Raizel nodded along like it was super useful information. Which it kind of was, she supposed, if this guy was going to be traveling with her for a while. She didn't need the help in any way, shape or form, but... The company was nice. Raizel had forgotten what it was like to travel with good company.

Annoying company could eat rocks.

Raizel finished her stew at about the same time Cadmus did and she licked her lips and gave a stretch, giving him a bright blue eyed look before he spoke again and her eyebrows went up and she barked out a surprised laugh. Hairballs. Grinning, Raizel looked well, beautiful, her eyes sparkled and she pushed her hair behind her pointy ear before she shook her head, mouthing the word hairballs.

With dinner finished, she stood up, eager to claim her side of the bed. Or her bed. It had been a half hour and she couldn't even remember anymore. "I'm going upstairs," She nodded, pointing up - because a gryphonman wouldn't know which way upstairs was or something - "It's the fourth door on the right," A smile, a light handed pat on the shoulder and she grabbed her pack and made her way up.

Cadmus would follow eventually.

Raizel, however, got comfortable right away, moving off to a corner of the room that wouldn't be immediately seen from the door. As she requested, there was a bath, the water luke-warm because it'd been up here since she purchased the use of the room, but it was clean and she had soap for the unfortunately rare baths she took.

So, Raizel peeled her clothing off, back facing the door. Stretched her arms up, stretched her legs, and should Cadmus have followed her quickly - she paid him not mind. The scars on her back were grotesque, red and angry still. Like limbs had been dug from her shoulder blades. A brand on her lower back and just scars. At odds with her lovely face, Raizel's back painted a beautifully painful picture.

And she really wanted in that tub while it was still warm.

Rhindeer

Cadmus followed a few moments after Raizel. Despite all his chatter, he was exhausted still--which was to be expected for a head wound. His head still ached, his muscles protested when he rose, and with a sigh he glanced up at the stairs. Ugh. Stairs. His legs really didn't want to climb those.

He was slower than Raizel, moving stiffly, but he climbed his way up and followed her directions, fourth door on the right. Raizel was a little prickly, but she really wasn't so bad. She certainly wasn't annoying, as he found many people to be, and better yet she was interesting.

Intelligent, too. He would have to be careful around her; it would be...awkward if she found out the truth of his "rescue".

Beautiful, as well, and strangely familiar. But he had no idea why, or who she really reminded him of. Odd.

Pushing open the door, he limped into the room, nudging the door shut behind him with his foot. The first thing he saw was the bed, which looked inviting, if a bit small; more like the sort of bed a married couple would be comfortable sharing and not two strangers. Which, really, would only be problematic if he had any issues with personal space in the first place, and Raizel certainly didn't seem to care. With a yawn, he made his way toward it--and then paused and blinked when he caught sight of Raizel in the far corner of the room, back to him and an unused tub waiting.

He stopped mid-step, staring, his eyes widening at the sight of her scars, hideous and painful.

"...Oh."

Draconian

The soft noise caught her attention and she gave a brief glance over her shoulder. For obvious reasons she didn't see the scars often and sometimes she forgot just how terrible they must be. A glance down at the tub and she finally turned around.

"What, never seen some scars before?" She teased, trying to make light of the situation. Raizel smiled, putting hands on her naked hips before she moved to the tub, sinking in with a pleased little moan. Warm water was a rarity for her and she let her head tip back. The bath was quick and clinical after her moment of enjoyment and, still naked, bent to find a newer set of clothing.

It was clear that Raizel had little shame. Unaware and uncaring if Cadmus was watching her or trying not to. "Do you want to be cuddled or be the cuddler, cause we're not gonna fit on that on our backs." She paused and smirked, "well.. Maybe if one of us was on our backs." A clinical look at the bed and rolling her shoulders while she tried to imagine them both - rather tall adults- fitting on the bed.

Raizel stretched again, her shirt hanging loose and just covering her breasts. "Did you want to use the bath? Its not too dirty."

Rhindeer

"I've seen my share," Cadmus said slowly, still more focused on her scars than her nudity. At first, the awfulness of them had taken him aback, but as the surprise wore off, another detail registered: they were matching, parallel scars, save for the strand brand far lower. Scars around her shoulder blades.

He rolled his own shoulders, discomfort twisting in his belly as a story began to grow in his mind.

Wings. That was where wings would be, just as she had mentioned before. "I think my wings were black." The casual mention of her scars, and hint that she didn't remember how she got them. He remembered that, but seeing was different from just talking about it. No, her intuition was right; there was no other injury he could think of that would create that kind of pattern, and...gods. It made sense. The way she kept his feather. The sad fascination she had with his own wings.

She'd had wings once. And gods, but he was glad she couldn't remember losing them.

He chewed the inside of his cheek as she sank into the water and bathed, letting his breath out slowly when he realized he was holding it. His own shoulders itched as he thought of those fresh scars and the story they told. A horrible accident could result in an emergency amputation, but the brand on her back pointed to something far more sinister. They'd been taken from her. Cut out of her back.

Maybe it was the head injury still making him woozy, but he felt like he could vomit.

He snapped out of it when she spoke again--had she finished that quickly?--and he blinked and looked at her...and found her bent over.

...Well.

He cleared his throat.

"I've been told I make a good big spoon," he said. "But maybe I should be the smaller one tonight, so I don't poke you in the morning."

He glanced over at the water and, finding it clean enough, stripped out of the borrowed cloak and sank into the water. It was definitely cleaner than he was, covered in days' worth of blood and sweat and dirt, and it felt amazing to scrape the grime off, careful of his bruises and mended injuries. The water turned murky as he washed, and when he was finished, he rose stiffly from the bath and shook his hair out rather like a dog before slicking it back with his fingers.

He dried himself off with her cloak, since it seemed the only available option.

"You don't remember anything about your wings?" he asked when he was relatively dry and settled on the bed.

Tags: