Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lounge.

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 09:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A new student to the academy, he sits in the back, chewing on his food.   He had been selected, and introduced, but found no purchase in his new life.  He looked around the blank white walls, and adjusted himself in the plain plastic chair.  The food aint so good either, he thought.  "What a day."  He said absently, Running a hand through his dark, black hair.

Anonymous

Kaia was decidedly unhappy. The day had not gone well, and it wasn't over yet, not even close. When she'd woken that morning, she had tripped on her way to the showers, and managed to not only get a colorful bruise on her shoulder, but also tore down one of the tapestries as she'd grabbed it in an attempt to stop the fall. Then had come breakfast, which had only been unusual in the fact that she'd been late, and so endured the stares of her peers as she made her way to sit alone.

Morning classes, where the students learned tactics and math, etiquette and writing, were bearable. Lunch had been unremarkable. But training...

Kaia had been even slower and more clumsy than she usually was, and had an assortment of other bruises on her legs and arms to show for it. She even had a black eye where she'd been punched in martial arts instruction, much to her shame. Her teachers merely sighed now when they looked at her. They'd given up on her some time ago, despite the high hopes they'd had at first.

"Just because my father and mother are warriors doesn't mean I have to be." she groused quietly, looking at the closed door before her with something like fear. Now, in punishment for her day, she was to show around the new cadet instead of going to her room and relax. Kaia absently pushed a few strands of brown hair away from her face and closed her eyes, gathering her courage.

"He's just a boy...and he's new, so he won't know to tease me yet..." she reasoned, speaking aloud to herself as was habit. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door, then opened it and peered inside. "Um, hello? Are you...the new cadet?" she asked quietly of the boy. "I'm to show you around, if you are....

Anonymous

He looks up at the girls, noting her black eye, and wondering at it for a moment.  But he pushed it aside in his head, and stood up.  "Yeah, I'm Tom."  Extends his hand.  As he his arms goes all the way out, numerous bruises are visible, Day one was brutal in the martial arts class.

Anonymous

After taking a swift moment to examine his bruises, which were impressive, she dicded, though not as numerous as her own, she smiled hesitantly and took his hand, giving a perfunctory shake. "I'm Kaia. I know you're probably tired and just want to sleep, but..." she shrugged. "We have to follow orders. Always. That's key to survival here. If one of the teachers or a senior student tell you to do something, you do it." she informed him. "Otherwise, you'll be sent home."

She turned and walked into the hallway, not bothering to make sure he followed. "Do you know where your room is? If not,we'll go there first."

Anonymous

He followed her, looking around a bit.  "That much I do know.  Our...kind...Tend to be very...detailed.  Its a basic of elven philosiphy.  We check out evrything we can."  Looks at her, taking in everything about her, from the way she stood, to her tone.  He decided he liked her, but he was not here for relationships.  "As for sleep, I only need it once every few days."  He motions for her to continue.  "So please, you have my attention."

Anonymous

"Oh goody..." she mumbled, taking a moment to think. "Um...we'll, uh, go to the library first then." If she was lucky, no one else would be there to embarass her in front of the new boy. Tom. she remembered, and looked him over from the corner of her eye. So he was Elvish, hm?

She sighed and headed off, shooting off facts and details about rooms and corridors of special import as they passed. Kaia prided herself on her knowledge of the history of this place. She had discovered during her time here that her strengths were in remembering what she was told and what she read, and in using the things she remembered to plan strategies and tactics.

"And this," she said, stopping in front of the double doors, "is the library. The head librarian can be a bit of a dragon, but it's usually quiet in here. Cadets are too busy playing soldier to read." she pushed open one of the doors and stepped inside, holding it for Tom, glancing around the room as she did so. Kaia blanched when she saw the three who were there already, but took a deep breath to steady herself. "Here is where you come to study, or to-"

She was cut of by the approach of a female cadet who looked at her with an expression of playful cruelty. "Well well. If it isn't Miss. Kaia. How's the bruise? Perhaps I shouldn't have hit you so hard. I forgot you arent's as strong as the rest of us." the other's eyes flitted over Tom. "And who are you, handsome?"

Anonymous

HE was listening thoughtfully.  Some of the books sections had piqued his interest when they were suddenly looking at some girl.  He struggled to find the right way to reply.  "I ..am ..Tom.  A new student from Niasa."  He makes a half bow in the normal manner, but casts a wary eye.  He did not know this girl, but he could tell from his companions reaction she was no good.

Anonymous

The cadet smiled sweetly and bowed in return. "My name is Sarah. And you don't want the runt," here she gave a small glare to Kiaa, "to show you around. I would be happy to relieve you of her boring company. She talks too much. You strike me as a man of action..."

Kaia rolled her eyes at the girl's lack of subtlety, but withdrew into herself just the same. Tom would go with Sarah, she knew, and there would go her chance at making a friend here in this lonesome place. She gave the Elven boy a small smile. "Go with her, if you want." she said, pretending she didn't care. "You'll be better off if you do..."

Sarah gave a smirk of triumph and linked arms with Tom. "Go on, runt. I'm sure you have something useless to do with your time."