Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Evil human guild (mainly necromancers/ dark magics etc)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, January 17, 2015, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Yyndrad order:

Founding:
The order was founded by a small group of human necromancers aproxematly 800 years ago. After experimenting on animals however and not finding it enough, humans, elves, dragons, centaurs and unicorns were used to experiment on instead.

The experiments lead to different branches of research and more researches are born on occasion when a certain discovery has been made.

The order grew. Mainly humans or halfbreeds whom were cast out of their societies due to unpure blood and then it was decided. Humans were supposed to be the dominant race.

Magic was discovered allowing life force from a person to go into another. Preventing the receiver from aging. Also their remaining years extendede greatly depending on the lifeforce's source. This ritual was so succesful that only those who are worthy enough are permitted to have it performed on them.

In overall the goal of the order is to give humans more power and become immortal or even godlike.

Near complete destruction:
Aproxematly 500 years after the Yyndrad's creation, a few members disagreed by how other living beings were used for their research. After making a few test subjects escape, the few members reported themselves and the Guild.

This resulted in most of their locations being raided and from the aproxematly thousand members only a few dozen remained including the three who currently lead the order. The three put aside their research differences and took the leadership upon them. They personally retrieved all of the conviscated research and rebuild the guild from scratch but killed the members who failed a loyalty test. The three leaders remained, with 10 other members.

All the other research that was not yet conviscated was retrieved as well and they re-located whatever they had left.

And then:
They made offspring amongst one another whom got descendants of themselves. With careful selection on occasion an outsider was introduced and currently the order holds an apoxematly 900 members. Although thistime not all of them are scholars. Some are warriors too. Not wanting to have the same mistake as before where they could not protect themselves properly.

These days to become a member you have to be born into the order (Mother and/ or father must be members) or being married to a member (With permission of the three leaders) or being interesting enough, strong enough and devoted enough to join the ranks.

The members are mainly human, or half human half something else. Help is accepted from outer sources however and they return the favor by helping those who help them.

To avoid detection they mask their facilities above the ground as an orphanage, hospital, even a whole village while below the ground the gruesome experiments take place.

These are the subjects they are currently studying. 
If you want to add your own, either PM me or post a reply here)

Life force/ immortality magic:
The research and experiments were dedicated to life spams and why humans have a short one compared to that of other races like dwarves and elves.

Their experiments resulted in creating a ritual that allowed life from one person to go to the other. Usually they used elven children for this so they could live longer. Not many are however permitted to perform this ritual.

They were still attempting to find out how not to be killed by sickness, arrow, blades, thirst and hunger, which they believed would be the most perfect form of immortality.

Minion magic:
Usually made from those whom died of the experiments, rather then just letting the bodies rise, (parts of) limbs, muscle and/or bone were used to make whole different creatures.

This also included experimenting to making minions having a voice and doing actions without actual orders from their creators.

Not only the creation but also duration increase was altered so they would not waste away quick even after the creator's passing.

Magic origin:
Subjects whom possessed magic or no magic at all would be exposed to massive amounts of magic energy. It was to see wether test subjects received new magic or that their own magic became more powerful with long enough exposure. It would be charged up by the magi/ magic users that the order had. This process was painful for the subjects to say the least.

Only children, teenagers and young adults are used for these experiments.

God/ deity study: 
These are mainly scholars and alchemists whom often make calculations about magic and developed theories for the other researches.

What made Gods Gods? Where did they originate from? Where are they now? Where and why would they hide while they could do anything they wanted with the world? What about those whom were once human and got turned into one? Those were questions they worked on by studying legends.

Superhumans (idea from @Wicked Basket )
The Yyndrad wants to be superior. Therefor they had launched a project and series of experiments to let humans have properties of other races; regenerating abilities of a troll, the speed and reflexes of an elf, strength of a bear, etc.

Afliction magic:
Turning living creatures into something horrific by mutating their limbs or even their whole bodies different. (also their minds) Turning them into monstrocities. This, was to built an army.

Forgotten languages and ancient spells (Idea from @Morrighan )
When magic was still raw and untamed and most of all, not feared as much as it should. Sophie, co-leader studies forgotten languages and ancient spells.

The trash:
Dead waste: Corpses that were so used and abused  that they could no longer be used for anything else, were dumped there to rot and waste away in a deep pit. 
Often it were unused body parts of those whom had been used for minion magic. It was masked by saying that these people died of dangerous contagious illnesses and plagues.

Living waste:
Test subjects whom had become undead and unable to be killed by blades or normal means. Tempered with in such a fashion even cut of limbs moved and acted on their own as long as it still had muscle and joints. During time they slowly wasted and decayed. They crave for the living, being alive and also eat living flesh.

Monster project
A 20 metre manmade creature mentioned in their records as Ura, with grey skin and large horns. It's posture is equal to that of a human but has a bulllike shaped head and feline shaped feet. His hands have razorsharp claws. Due his size though he is rather slow. Uru is completely constructed out of bone, flesh and skin of other creatures. And is a guard to Project Heaven's Gate.

Heaven's Gate
In their facility used for God/ Deity study is a 12 metre  tall door adorned with figures, shapes and symbols. The project was never finished due many failures. The portal DOES lead to somewhere.

=====================
Things to know when making an Yyndrad member:

Those born into the order learn the orders ways and do not speak of its experiments to anyone but those in their own circle. Not even those they think worthwhile to invite until the person is actually a member.

It is common for two members to wed one another and have children to have more members. In rare occasions members marry a non member for influence. But the partner must never know, or be likewise minded to join.

Men, may not make a woman outside of the order pregnant without permission
Would it happen a man makes a woman pregnant, he will have to marry her (or them)

Women from the order, are not allowed to become pregnant from men outside of the order without permission or proper reason.

Despite set up by humans, various different species have entered the order. Half Elves or people with less Elvenblood, and those rejected by the society.

Any suspicion a character creates to him/herself results into being tailed/ put under supervision and death if the suspicion increases.

What is made in the order, stays in the order.

Using the magics/ knowledge for the good of non members is seen as a taboo. (unless it is for a possible recruit)

==============================

SilmeriaElemred

There are many open positions. Leaders and co-leaders of the various researches. Best is to say what kind of position and character you'd want for what. If the person suits the position it should be fine

do mind (unless with high exception,) the members are born in the order itself so best is to mention how they got into the order (how many generations perhaps?)
And they are mainly human. Although halfbreeds are allowed of course.

Taken positions.
The Yyndrad knows 3 leaders.
Anise whom I play is one of them. She oversees actually everything a little
Cadogan Abaraxas  played by @Ever , whom is also the head of Magic Origin research, and has some ties/ influence in creation and experimentation of the new godlike humans. Ties which either will or will not expend
Sophie (Played by @Morrighan. Also the head of research for forgotten languages and ancient spells.

Leaders of the order, are dark and laugh at torture. Also they are trained in ancient magic and are themselves over 300 years old. (the last three surviving members of the last purge as it were)

My character Gradius is on the God/ Deity research in practical forms, having obtained a precious artifact which holds a God's essence.

@DaGlobster  provided Smed as supplier for the order (through the The Anklehacker Confederacy) and provides test subjects, materials and resources through connections in the black market. In return the order helps him as well achieving his goal.

SilmeriaElemred

Alright ^^ This is still going on.

I am planning on two threads: A flashback thread which is a meeting. A current thread where they will attack Coastal Serendipity and bring it to well... complete destruction. Killing the very land itself

Who is with me :D

Ever

It'd be an honor to opt for a leader position of the Order c:

Cadogan Abraxas, the head of the Department for Magic Origin and possibly that could branch into the creation and experimentation of these Superhumans too? But for now, Magic Origin would be his specialty c:

SilmeriaElemred

edited Ever ;) You only need to edit his age (the leaders are 300+ ) but fortherest looks good :D

Intro for the flashback meeting is almost done, as well as the attack on coastal serendipity ^^
I hope to have it done before Halloween =3

Ever

Quote from: SilverLuna on October 21, 2015, 10:09:24 AM
edited Ever ;) You only need to edit his age (the leaders are 300+ ) but fortherest looks good :D

Intro for the flashback meeting is almost done, as well as the attack on coastal serendipity ^^
I hope to have it done before Halloween =3

Done and done Sil :3
Can't wait for all the evil >:D

SilmeriaElemred

Sorry, some relatives of mine were admitted in the hospital so that got me a bit off track. Invasion thread is on here:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19821.new#new

edit: meeting thread is here
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19822.new#new

Ethereal-Star

I offer up Drake as a possible ally/agent of the guild. Not sure at this point how he could be involved though, I'll have to think about it.

In addition, some ideas for your evil human guild.  8)

The Fountain of Youth/The Garden of Life:
A side idea from the Keepers guild made by @Aura that I helped to formulate some ideas for. One of the Keepers, the Keeper of Life specifically, would guard a place/realm called the Garden of Life that holds the fabled Fountain of Youth inside it. This Fountain is filled with magical water that upon drinking only one sip of it, would grant immortality, though not invincibility (as those are two different things). The Garden itself is filled with all kinds of healing and restorative plants fueled by the life magics found here. It is a great place to acquire lengthened longevity and perfect health, that is if you can get past its Keeper first. :o I'm thinking that this would be a fairly new area of research, as not much information would be acquired on it. Most of what is known about it is in possession of said Keeper in his/her chosen tower. Mainly just theories and possible speculations is what the guild would have, and perhaps an old tattered scroll hinting at its greatness. The leader of this subject would be actively trying to find a way to get past the defenses of the aforementioned Keeper in order to acquire some of this enchanted water and healing plants. The only problem with this idea is that no one has yet created the Keeper of Life and I already have a Keeper character and won't be making another one (I don't think). I think this fits right in with your guild so thought I'd bring it to light.

The Wild Surge:
A realm of raw, untapped magic known only as the above name is said to be filled with wild, chaotic magical energy that is ever present at all times in this place, not just in the air itself, but in random bolts of magical energy that surge every few seconds and can hit anything anywhere in the realm itself. The other notable thing is that this plane of wild magic is chock full of crystals of varying sizes that are charged with the energies found here. These crystals range in size from very tiny like the size of a thumbnail to extremely large, like that of a huge mountain. The realm is extremely dangerous as one zap of magic can quite possibly kill an person if they go in unprotected as the pure, rawness of its source is very, very powerful. If one can harvest some of these crystals, it could provide a potent source of magic for the guild that they could hone and use for their own purposes. However, there is another danger to beware of. A strange being of energy guards the only portal to this place from the inside and if one were to find a way inside the realm, they would first have to deal with this guardian before going any further. That is if they can. This being is completely immune to magics of all kinds and has ancient, primordial strength and constitution as well. Perhaps Heaven's Gate could lead here?

Potions & Alchemy Study:
All kinds of alchemical potions could be made here, everything from super strength, to super speed, invisibility, death magic immunity, and etc. The leader for this could focus on finding a way to make the effects from these potions permanent instead of only temporary. So far, they haven't had much success. Perhaps a key ingredient or two is missing?

Just wanted to drop these ideas by you, and perhaps I will create a character for one of them. Let me know what you think. :)

SilmeriaElemred

I like both ideas star :D Suppose that heavens gate upon completion could lead there sure ^^ Not a realm of Gods but one of magic.

The fountain of youth thing sounds very good too. If you want (despite not making a keeper it could always be an NPC one) you could do one idea or both :) there are a small amount of side threads regarding the order members and what they do. So it can be worked out