Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Art contest, real prizes, loads of anime

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

From today till April 18th, I am having a contest for you artists and poets.

Art Category: With the writing of my book, I am looking for a very dynamic cover. I got the inspiration last night while eating yogurt with my young adult group. And to make it more interesting, I was eating Devil's Food Cake and Angels Food Cake flavors together and with this cover, I really want to portray the "Devil" side and "Angel" side of myself. An example of this type would be on the cover of the new Prince of Persia game, the two thrones. I must stress that I am looking for a portrait type cover with more than "average" detail. As for references, you can get pictures of me Here and as far as my "Devil" side goes, you can get reference Here and  Here.

As for my "Angel" side, you can get reference Here

Poetry Section: Also with the writing of my book, I have spent a great deal of the time I have devoted to reading the entire series of "The Cry of the Aethyr" which can be found Here. For this contest, you may choose which ever cry you wish. Read the Cry, understand it to the best of your ability and then write out a poem on what YOU feel it means and is saying. The most emotional, heart felt poem will be used in the inside of my book.

ALL poems and ALL artwork will be viewed. I, unlike most contest holders, value each piece and will respond to each person who enters...even if yours isn't picked you will still get something. Anime episodes, albums, stuff that can be downloaded. And for the chosen pieces, if you have deviantart or some sort of art gallery I will get you a small subscription (since i am short on funds ^^;;;).

There you have it!

Have fun and Enjoy!