Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fevers On the Swamp

Started by visualspice, July 25, 2015, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He laughed, patting her on the shoulder.
"Then you have no worries! And we'll drink and get drunk as only us dead people can," he flirted with a laugh.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Forcing herself to relax slightly, Gwen arched an eyebrow at him. "I haven't been able to get drunk since I was turned," she noted. "This must be some moonshine in this crypt of yours."

visualspice

It didn't take much longer for them to get to the crypt. It was a dingy thing, poorly lit with worn steps nearly buried in dirt towards it's door. It was held closed by a simple piece of wood, well splintered from age. The stone was carved, but whatever had been craved there was nondescript, having lost most of it's detailing to time.

"You could say it's something," he went on with a laugh, a strange laughter that echoed across the graves. He pushed open the heavy stone door after slipping the wood peg aside, and wedged it in some stone crevice near the stairs.
"Ladies first," he told her most charmingly, bowing forward at the waist.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Er...thanks." Gwen crept cautiously forward, looking around. "I would say nice place, but...it's a crypt," she noted wryly, turning back around to look at him.

visualspice

"It s a crypt, well worn with time," he went on, taking a step beside her and paused to draw in a long breath. "Smells cold.. musty, and of the dead." His cheeks cut with dimples as he grinned. "It's also private and there's the promise of booze. I think it's comparable to the Raw Teet tavern back in town." And at that, he laughed that same strange, near meniacle laugh as he did outside, although this time the echo was stifled int he crypt.

He then gestured forward and began to move, "Follow me."

DragonSong

Gwen did so with great wariness. "You're absolutely bonkers," she decided, shaking her head at his back almost wonderingly.

visualspice

The crypt was much larger inside than it appeared outside, going down a few levels from the small mound shown at the surface. And the deeper they went, the colder it got, until Dao paused at the dead end of a series of catacombs where he brushed back a sticky cobweb and moved to dig through a pile of bones behind it.

With success, he pulled back a half filled jar and gave it a shake.
"Still there," he told her, eyes shining in the dark. He unscrewed the lid and took a whiff, before it made him cough, and then laugh.
"Strong as poison." He took a swig, nearly choking on it, before handing it off to her. "Give that a try, blood sucker."

DragonSong

Gwen took the jar and sniffed it, then immediately regretted it as she coughed and her eyes started to water.

"Gods," she choked. Then, shrugging, she took a swig.

Strong as poison indeed. Sputtering and coughing, she handed the jar back to him, shaking her head and chuckling quietly. "You know, I'm not sure I like being called blood sucker by another vampire."

visualspice

"Why not?" he went on, taking another swig and making a very bitter face. He passed the jar back to her.  "Would you prefer Vein biter?"

DragonSong

"I'd prefer, Gwen, actually," she muttered, taking another, slightly smaller sip and crinkling her nose. "That's my name, by the way."

visualspice

"Yeah? You and a thousand others," he replied, laughing and drinking some more. He had to pause, and let the bubbling sensation of his growing intoxication settle in as he grinned. "Feels almost human," he went on, handing it back to her.

DragonSong

She nodded slowly, accepting the drink again. "Alright, I'll admit maybe I'm getting a little tipsy." She took a swig and handed the jar over. "What am I supposed to call you then, vein biter?"

visualspice

"Vein biter?" There was his laugh again. "That might be easier to say than my name."

DragonSong

"Are you going to tell me your real name then?" Gwen asked, arching an eyebrow and trying to ignore the little chill that laugh sent up her spine.

visualspice

He knocked back a lot of the moonshine, about double what he was taking in with each gulp before. Then he grinned at her and said, " Dao'bachpa Barrocisto." It was said with bravado and haste, accompanied by a very regal bow.

DragonSong

"Sweet gods!" Gwen laughed, perhaps a little louder than was strictly appropriate. "You weren't kidding. Daba- Daoba- damn, do you have a nickname? Or can you say that slower?"

She just couldn't seem to get her Serenian mouth around all those syllables.

visualspice

He muttered a few other words, who knew, it could have all been a part of his name. Soon he was grinning.

"Dao'bachpa Barrocisto.... It's my full name. But since you're cute," he told her with a wink. "I'll let you just call me Dao."

DragonSong

Her lips twitched up on one side. "Dao. Okay, I can manage that." Reaching for the drink, she added, "Gwendolyn Cooper, by the way. But you can just keep calling me Gwen."

Maybe the alcohol was getting to her, a little, because she added with a smirk, "Only 'cause you're cute."

visualspice

"Thanks," he took a swig. "But I already knew that." He flashed his teeth at her in a broad grin. Then he lifted the moonshine, which was considerably lighter, up in the air. "Shall we drink to eternal beauty?"

DragonSong

Laughing quietly, Gwen shook her head at him again. "Whatever you like," she murmured, chuckling as she watched him.

He was just so...carefree. It was odd, especially after months of scurrying around in the dark like a scared rat.