Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A black and white Tail (Ethereal-Star) Niahi Woods

Started by SilmeriaElemred, July 27, 2015, 01:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''Not sure if it is true but is there not a party in this woods every once every while? Maybe they can use these. Or sell them and use the money to fund the party with?''

She picked one up and looked at it. Her other hand automaticly tracing to the jewel that concealed the mark where her horn was in her other form.

''When you go home perhaps I could come with. Not just for family. I hope to someday have a family of my own. Or does that sound strange.'' she giggled though afterwards. ''If they are as fabulous as you I certainly would give birth to fabulous children.'' she jestered

Ethereal-Star

"Now that's an idea! Yes, I think that would be great! Uh huh." Chestnut bobbed his head up and down in approval.

"Yes, I think that the arch-druid there would be very grateful for all the silver dishware. In fact, I heard rumors of another one going to happen within the following month in the Meeting Place. The eastern part of it, if my memory serves me right. The two of us can go together!" He beamed a toothy, joyful grin at her.

At her other comment, he chuckled. "Kids, huh? They can be a mighty hoof-full I warn ya! Reminds me of Chelsie and Canton, the terrible two!" And were those young blue unicorn twins ever trying to deal with. Chestnut shuddered in remembrance of one of their pranks they had pulled on him. They had managed to give him a hair cut, albeit a really awful one, with a blade Canton had found one day, and with Chelsie using her levitation powers had trimmed off all of his hair just about! While he was taking a nap no less!

"It took forreeeeeever for my poor, beautiful mane and tail to grow back to its proper magnificence!" He shuddered again, remembering the horrid buzz cut. And of course, the two fowls' laughter his way. "Never again..." he muttered, but with the hint of a smile on his face too. After the shock of it had passed, it had been rather funny.

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica laughed. ''Pranks are a part of being young. I am sure you have a fair share of pranks on your name too Mister Sparkles.'' she said and looked at the plates.

''Going there together? Do you... think i can handle that?'' she asked as she started to pick up the plates. She did wonder though how on earth they were supposed to bring it all with them. Silver was not light in weight. And of course there could be a lot more hidden in the castle. Then again this tower had been half collapsed and only had been made accesible for them due to her vines.

Ethereal-Star

"You bet your tail I do! I did eventually get back at them."

Chestnut chuckled as he thought of his own prank upon the children. He had put a grasshopper on each of their heads while they too had been taking a nap. And those kids did not like those green bugs. After all the loud whinnying and bucking about had ensued as they tried to get it off of them, Chestnut himself had been rolling around in the grass, utterly in stitches over the whole thing. It was safe to say the terrible two had quit their pranks on him after that. At least for a little while.

"Sure! You must come to the party, it'll be great fun, I promise! After all, no one likes a party pooper!" he sniggered. Regarding the plates Chestnut said, "I can hold one or two plates in my mouth, but I think we'd be better off just telling them where to find this stuff."

SilmeriaElemred

''A party pooper?'' Sicillica said although she was not sure wether being at a party would make her comfortable.

''I just... am usually not doing to well around a lot of people. So protect me would you?... if I go?'' she asked. ''As for the plates, we could. The vines will hold. Want to check the rest of these ruins or do you wish to go to the arch-druid now and tell him about this.''

Ethereal-Star

"Don't worry, the great and valiant Chestnut will protect the beautiful black unicorn lady from any and all harm! But really, you should relaaaax, chill out, have some fun! And Vanilla Spice!"

Chestnut sincerely hoped this upcoming celebration would include the fabled sweet drink, as they didn't have it the last time he went, much to his great disappointment. So he got drunk on ale instead, although it wasn't quite the same. Regardless, shenanigans as always would ensue and he would partake of it as usual. Even better if Sicillica was there too.

It only took a mere split-second to make up his mind about her next question. "I say we explore some more. Uncharted territory in who knows how long is exciting after all! The dishes and silverware can wait."

The unicorn trotted over to the doorway of what had once been a grand dining hall, eager to see what lay beyond it. "You coming?" He asked, looking back at her.

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica giggled and lead the way. The vines at the least were still holding strong. ''If you wanted to be lifted down do let me know'' she spoke. For her after all the walking was a lot easier.

Remarkably a lot of the castle was able to be reached with the vines reinforcing the structures and repairing the floors. She needed to be careful though not to get to tired. Not that the vines would then lose their strength but in cease they would actually really need it. Most rooms where ages ago the servants slept were to collapsed to even enter. But they ended up in a large room with a massive hardwooden now rotten bed. ''I think we reached the royal bedroom...'' she said as she looked around. A very large painting what had been torn and decayed over the time hang on the wall. It revealed a man and a lady, and a young child though.

Ethereal-Star

"After you, milady." Chestnut swooped his head down as Sicillica passed him by, leading the way. "Nah, do not worry about the great and mighty Chestnut! Besides, using too much magic can be tiring."

As all unicorns possessed some amount of magic in them, Chestnut knew this well enough. His only real magic though was in his horn as he couldn't cast spells nor did he have any interesting abilities other than what his horn gave him. All unicorns were different in that regard, in terms of what powers and abilities they each possessed.

Upon entering the royal bedroom, Chestnut admired all the red and purple coloring evident, even if it was moldy and rotting. Some of it was more brown than red or purple though. Trotting over to the painting, he recognized the same man as in the other painting. "That is the same man as in the other one, King Arnaldo the Third."

Inspecting it some more, he commented again, "That has to be his wife and son too." The woman was lovely and regal as many Queens were, with hair pulled back by a sparkling crown of silver whereas the man wore one of gold. Royal garb with the ancient kingdom's insignia adorned the rich fabrics of their clothing, and the small child, a young boy of no more than ten human years, also wore expensive clothing. The faces stared back at Chestnut, stern and intelligent, as though the painting was a window into time and the past itself. In some way it was.

"Still don't know who they could have been."

SilmeriaElemred

''It's a shame really... despite even having paintings of themselves and once a grand castle... it seems everyone has forgotten about them.'' she wondered if there were any descendants alive. If so, they were basicly the ones who had the right to all of this stuff.

She opened a drawer and saw it was filled with expensive jewels. One drawer for the queen and one for the king. She took a silver tiara themed crown with blue jewels. It was beautifully crafted. She put it on her head and placed the crown that belonged to the king on Chestnut's head. ''There we go. King Chestnut the fabulous and Queen Sicillica the... hmm how should I call myself other then Sicillica...'' she wondered. It was not like she had many positive nicknames after all.

Ethereal-Star

When the crowns were placed upon their heads, Chestnut pranced around a little, admiring the beautiful shine of it all. The crown he wore was gold-themed with majestic red rubies encrusted into the top and bottom of it.

"Indeed, King Chestnut, the Fabulous and Queen Sicillica, the Beauty of Night's Embrace. Quite fitting really, just like these crowns. So comfy really. Who'd have thought?"

The insides of the royal headgear were indeed comfy, inlaid with soft velvet around the bases of them, but crafted just so that it wasn't visible on the outsides. Inside the king's drawer lay a grand scepter, also encrusted with jewels aplenty. The top of it bore a gigantic blue diamond on it. Chestnut whistled at this, awestruck. Even he was impressed by the sheer value of it as blue diamonds were pretty dang rare. Poking his head over to the queen's drawer, he looked to see if there was something similar there.

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica got red cheeks. ''B-beauty of nights embrace?...'' she said half stuttering. Although she then told to herself to take the compliment. It was after all not a bad thing to be said to a person.

There was a scepter and another artifact although they were more for ceremonial use such as actually becoming queen.

''I think if the archdruid would have all this he wont have any trouble funding those parties. But then again... plates, cups and cutlery is one thing this is something completely different don't you think?'' she wodnered if they were actually now not disrespecting these people by looking through their stuff. Sure it had been untouched for the Gods knew how long and nobody would miss it. But was this alright? Then again. It all lay here decaying in the moist air, in the drawers. Craftmanship like this would be a waste to lay here to decay.

Ethereal-Star

"But of course! Queen Sicillica, Beauty of Night's Embrace! Rather rolls off the tongue, don't you think? And besides, the title is definitely fit for a queen!"

When she voiced her concerns, Chestnut frowned a bit. "The arch-druid could most definitely benefit from all the silver dishware. But I think you're right about the rest. But it does seem an awful waste just to let it sit here though."

Brightening again as he thought of something, Chestnut continued. "However there might some organizations that collect and preserve such stuff for all to see. They could take this stuff and showcase it for the general public! However, I don't know of any though. At least not around here." The frown returned again, Chestnut's mouth a thin line of disappointment as he speculated.

SilmeriaElemred

''Maybe the archdruid knows some people. I think with those parties he will meet plenty.'' Sicillica replied. ''As for the title, alright. Beauty of Night's Embrace it is.'' she said with a giggle and placed the crowns back.

''Come there is plenty more to see for sure!'' she smiled and perhaps even radiated a bit more as she started to learn the aspacts of fun slowly.

''Next place. Quest for finding the treasure room maybe?''

Ethereal-Star

"We'll ask him then for sure." Chestnut agreed, following her out of the chamber.

"Treasure room, eh? This unicorn's up for treasure room questing any time!" Half-jesting, half-serious he was, as it would be a sight to see for certain. While it was unlikely for bandits to have looted it all, there was that possibility though. Chestnut supposed they would find out if they kept looking.

Walking along the corridor before turning a corner, a thought occurred to him then. "You said this place was haunted. I have yet to see anything fishy though. Perhaps the ghosts are on their best behavior with us around?" he jested again.

The clanking of a chain was heard then.

Chestnut stopped in surprise. "Did you hear that?" he asked Sicillica.

SilmeriaElemred

''The place being haunted was a joke actually...'' Sicillica admitted although wondered if she maybe had been right after all. Then again. This place had been abandoned for a long time and even spirits at some point left.

''Maybe the vines stirred up something?'' she said as she made her way down. She felt no evil presences though. So would it be a ghost then at the least it would be a friendly one. She hoped.

Ethereal-Star

"Of course it was a joke, haha." Chestnut nervously chuckled, looking uncertain.

The clanking was heard again then, followed by the sound of a loud crash!

Chestnut looked to Sicillica, then strained his ears trying to determine where the sound had come from. "I think it came from over there." he pointed his head to a door further on down the hall.

Now to see whether it was a ghost or not... Chestnut wasn't necessarily afraid of ghosts, but he hoped it wasn't one all the same.

SilmeriaElemred

Despite not afraid of ghosts, not knowing what was at the other side kind of unnerved the black unicorn. But still. There was one way to find out. She went towards the door and placed her hand against it.

''Y-you know, normally it is the man going first...'' she whispered before closing her eyes briefly before opening the rotten wooden door with rusty metal strips open quickly. ''Who goes there?!'' she called.

Ethereal-Star

Trotting quickly over as well, Chestnut poked his head inside to have a look. As the dust settled, the yellow light streaming in from outside a broken and cracked window soon revealed the source of all the clatter.

An armor stand that once had held a suit of chainmail armor on it, now rotted and decayed with moss and mildew galore on it, had fallen to the ground. Some of the loose chains and metal pieces had come off further as it crashed to the vine-covered floor. But there amid the pile of metal and rubble, sat an inquisitive, hungry squirrel staring at them with wide eyes, chittering before it scampered away to try to collect some acorns scattered about in two different corners, some of them near the armor stand.

Looking outside would reveal a tall tree, its long branches reaching into the room like gnarled primitive fingers, its growth obviously having stretched all the way into the castle room itself due to neglect over the many centuries of not being pruned by the castle inhabitants who once dwelled here. That had to be how the squirrel had gotten in, no doubt about that.

Chestnut chuckled in relief at this, as it t'was only a squirrel seeking food. "Silly little furry guy." he shook his head in amusement, watching as the woodland creature continued scampering about gathering up what it could before making a hasty exit back out the window, its treasure firmly in its mouth.

SilmeriaElemred

''It always amazes me how it are the little creatures making th most noise.'' Sicillica said and laughed. She was not sure what this room once was. She guessed where the captain of the guards was stationed and giving orders judging by how the room was designed. Whatever it was, little to nothing was left and Sicillica headed out.

''Alright. Let's see what is below. You are not scared are you?'' Sicillica teased.

Ethereal-Star

"Of course not! I am a fearless and brave unicorn after all! It would take an awful lot to scare one such as I!" Letting out an eep! as a tiny piece of ceiling fell on his head. Glancing up at the ceiling then showed it was only a small amount, but certainly no cause for alarm that the place might cave in on them.

Shaking his head and grinning at his own silliness, Chestnut ran after her. "Wait up for me!" Quickly catching up to her as his speed was pretty commendable. "Let's see what other adventures await the intrepid duo, yeah?"

Tags: