Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hmpf.

Started by Jeb, August 29, 2015, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeb

Hello. I'm Jeb.

I've been an avid roleplayer for many years, albeit not active on any communities. Truth be told, the only experience I have roleplaying through a forum board was when Age of Conan was in Alpha and I joined a roleplaying guild, through which I developed our lore and story oddly enough, and experienced some of the best months of my life on any forum board.

I'm a technical writer for Dell, so I write for a living, though I want to do so as a hobby too (which I hope to turn into a living another route). I would like to get involved in fantasy and science fiction writing, thus here I am, wanting to get involved in a free-form roleplaying community like SotE.

I am still developing my first character. I've been toying with some ideas for a while, finding a nice balance of power that will keep my interested but a lack of power to allow me to grow into roleplaying and storytelling. Let me say this though... it's gonna be good!

I hope so anyway. Anyhow, hello.

P.S. - My avatar and signature are from The Witcher 3. I will provide the necessary updates to provide credit when I figure out how (err, where?) to do so.

Lion

Hey there and welcome to SotE man!

We're pretty flexible and friendly around here.  I hope you have a great time and stick around. (:

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

JackieCat

Welcome!  Welcome!

I hope you have fun here, as I am, and if you have any questions, ask away!  Everyone here is really nice, and the mods are really helpful and great!
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

The Duke

SilmeriaElemred

Hello ^^ Welcome to SotE ^^

Regarding crediting I did that for my character Silmeria in her profile under the profile image I put there ;) Could work too for you

For science fiction make sure to take a peek at Remnants of the earth too which is 5000 years in the future :)

http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/

Are there any specific kinds of plots you like?

visualspice

Welcome to the site! I hope you have fun here! :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jeb

Quote from: SilverLuna on August 30, 2015, 08:07:12 AM
Regarding crediting I did that for my character Silmeria in her profile under the profile image I put there ;) Could work too for you

That's a good spot for it. I had a feeling they were referring to when using images within posts and not directly referring to signatures or avatars. Thank you for the example.

Quote from: SilverLuna on August 30, 2015, 08:07:12 AMFor science fiction make sure to take a peek at Remnants of the earth too which is 5000 years in the future :)

I actually found Remnants as well, and signed up there as well. I'm more interested in fantasy, so this will likely be a primary entry point for me, though I want to experience something different, so I'll check out Remnants eventually.

Quote from: SilverLuna on August 30, 2015, 08:07:12 AMAre there any specific kinds of plots you like?

I actually finished my Wants and Whatever-They-Call-It post here. Wants and Limits, that's it! I will mostly be playing a wanderer, not because I don't necessarily know where I want to play, but because that's the kind of person I am drawn to. If a plot interests me, then I'll wander my way into it.

SilmeriaElemred

I prefer fantasy as well but am glad I have schi-fi a chance too =3

Take a look at my characters if you want to see if there is something of interest :)

Jeb

I just posted my first, and likely main of few, characters I will ever create. Let me know, here or there, what you think. The feedback is appreciated.

SilmeriaElemred

I read and it looks nice ^^ Not sure if I have any character that will fit him but let me know after viewing a few of mine if I am wrong ^^