Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[Plotting!] Fleeing to a better life... Connlaothian Civil War Refugees

Started by kleineklementine, September 06, 2015, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleineklementine

Hey guys! If anyone’s interested, I have a few plot ideas…

First, and what I’m MOST interested in is a thread (or two?) dealing with the plight of refugees from the civil war in Connlaoth. (Color me topical). This could be mages trying to flee into other, safe countries, or non-mages whose homes and/or villages have been destroyed in the war, or NON-mages trying to escape to other countries just because they’re safer, “draft-dogers”, or the shady human traffickers who “help” desperate people escape.

To this end, I could throw in Silas Greene, a mage who’s escaped from the camps, fought as a guerrilla, and is helping to start more desperate mages’ journey underground and/or out of Connlaoth. I kind of “feature” him a lot in my other threads, but he hasn’t had a thread of his own yet! I’d be open to a thread with him helping someone escape, or finding someone/something that finally made it worthwhile for him to flee, etc.

I also have Lily Gray, a minor noble (not a mage) who, along with her younger brother, is being sent to Serendipity to escape the tumult of the war. This thread could take place along the way, with the “bumps” along the road of crossing dangerous borders during wartime, or in Serendipity and adjusting there (though I kind of owe Rhi a thread with this already.. *cough*). Since her father was killed by mages, I think it’d be pretty interesting to force her to deal with a refugee mage.

On the “scummy human trafficker” side, I could also throw in Dolores “Hawkeye” Ansbacher, who could easily be helping/scamming mages desperate to escape, offering to take them on her air ship, and then maybe just dumping them in the mountains, or who knows.

So let me know if any of this might be of interest to you! If you like the theme, but aren’t jiving with any of the particular characters, I’d even make a new one to fit your ideas on this theme!

Just FYI, one thing I’m not currently interested in, is a game-of-cat-and-mouse sort of mage-and-mordecai thread, unless you can pitch it really well! :D  Otherwise just throw your ideas at me!

Jounin64

I think Silas could be perfect for the Clinic and maybe he flees after he finds out the The Witch Doctors secret. Which leads into a mage chasing mage scenario resembling that the war isn't just about mage vs duke, but how the refugees surviving can turn against their allies so they can survive.

kleineklementine

Quote from: Jounin64 on September 06, 2015, 04:02:01 PM
I think Silas could be perfect for the Clinic and maybe he flees after he finds out the The Witch Doctors secret. Which leads into a mage chasing mage scenario resembling that the war isn't just about mage vs duke, but how the refugees surviving can turn against their allies so they can survive.

What's the Witch Doctor's secret?? (Maybe I missed it in his profile!) I'm intrigued! Though honestly I don't see Silas fleeing really unless he (re)discovered some reason to live for himself again, and not just for others. But tell me more!

Jounin64

It's in the clinic description. Anyone who Aldwin sees as a threat to mages or The Clinic he locks in a dungeon and does tests on deformities  on them making them hulking abominations.

kleineklementine

Sounds interesting! But I don't think it's the best fit for Silas. Thanks, though!

Jounin64

It's okay! Maybe Lo and Alphonse can do some not so honest work together, like he can get her refugees or scam them out of money, but leave them coincidently just enough to pay Lo to smuggle them. If that doesn't work I could make a new character to fit one of yours better

Nightmare

Hey there! I had an idea that might be interesting. Perhaps Midnight could potentially come across Lily and end up having to help her get to Serendipity. The fact that he's a mage in itself would be interesting for her to deal with, as well as his quiet "I like to keep to myself" personality. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a reason for him to be in Connlaoth and he could get involved over something simple like a bandit attack or something. Anyway, let me know what you think!