Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You Dropped Your Twig!

Started by Draconian, September 28, 2015, 11:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

@Laraine

Lonely Bird.

Shoulda picked a better name.

It was with a gulp of whiskey and a smash of a bottle that was heard as he exited the alleyway, holding a large purse of money. Nothing untoward happened. Nothing bad. Maybe. The still cooling body a few streets down might have a different tale to tell but... That's what happened when you tried to double cross the... Seaicorn.

Lonely Bird wrinkled his nose, not quite sure what to consider himself.

Certainly wasn't a human.

Though he'd glared often enough at his hands and feet. Stared at his reflection and the golden symbol on his forehead.

At least his hair was pretty.

The stroll down the street with his pouch of money was bold but despite appearances, Lonely Bird could more than take care of himself. Luckily, in the town of Serendipity, a man with long luscious white hair wasn't too odd a spectacle.

Maybe try his luck again. Putting the pouch of money into a leather bag at his hip he came up behind a young lady, placing his hands on her waist and giving her a squeeze.

"Oh, my lady! I'm so sorry! It looked like you were about to fall! You seem faint!" He started to tug her backwards, intent on pulling her off balance, "Come with me, I've a room at the inn across the street," He didn't, "We can get your rested up and fed there."  Though his words sounded concerned, though he played his human features right. Lonely Bird was just playing a game. With himself mostly. And the unfortunate victim in his hands.

Laraine

Laraine Risk was your typical Demon Witch hybrid.

Not.

At the moment she was very hungry and needing a place to rest and eat. It was hard to find a place nearby since this was her first time in a port town. Things appeared a bit different and she found her search rather fruitless. Sighing, she just glanced around for a tavern of some kind when she came across something out of place.

Well, more like a person. His oddly colored hair and strange symbol was almost like a light within a fog of humans and instantly she knew he wasn't human. But unlike her, he seemed to display his appearance without any shame. While she hid her rose colored hair under the hood of her long cloak. The dark garment hid most of her body so it was hard to tell if she was male or female.

Still, once she saw the other seemingly bothering another woman, a complete stranger she frowned and decided to intervene. She couldn't help it, she just supposed it was her duty.

The woman herself seemed alarmed at the others advancements and let out a squeak of slight fear as he held her waist, trying to explain that she was alright.

"Hey!" A female voice yelled nearby and Raine approached the duo, hood covering her hair, but as she lifted her head a bit, amethyst shaded eyes met Lonely Birds. They burned with determination and the smile she wore added to it.

"I don't think that lady wants to be taken anywhere. She seems fine to me." Humming, only a few strands of her pink colored hair seemed to slip from place.

"If you refuse to let her go I might have to stop you myself." She pulled out a long crystal wand and pointed it to the man, showing off that she was indeed a woman. Her cloak was pushed aside to reveal knee high black boots as well as tight fitting pants and a shirt to match.

And right after that last comment, her stomach growled loudly.

Awkward...

Draconian

Lonely Bird just laughed at her, his grip growing tighter on the woman in his arms.

"Oh?" He eyed the wand, lifting an eyebrow, tilting his head. Only slightly confused, what was the wand for? He looked towards his unwilling captive who was trying to pry his hands off with no luck, instead he lifted her up and hooked her under his arm, shifting slightly to rest her slightly on one thigh.

"Do you plan on stopping me with your little fancy stick?" A loud laughed, a bright grin at her protesting stomach, "Maybe trying to deafen me with that empty belly of yours." The squirming of the woman finally got her free and Lonely Bird glared at her form while she ran away, crossing his arms over his chest and pursing his lips and thought.

"Well," He took a step towards her, raising an eyebrow slightly, "You made me lose my meal ticket." Another step so he could look down at her, "What are you going to do about it?"

Laraine

Raine was relieved when the woman got away, but once she realized now she was the center of his attention she groaned. "It's not a stick, it's a wand." She huffed. "You obviously have never met a Witch before." She grinned slightly. "More luck for me." Despite her embarrassment, she took a step back and pointed her wand at him and hummed happily.

"I'm not sure what manner of being you are.. but all are affected by magic." She waved her wand slightly, mumbling a few words and watching it begin to glow a dim purple hue before a blast of energy erupted from the tip and blasted straight into the ground, instantly turning it to solid ice, it was only a small section, but the ice suddenly moved, acting like it was alive and crackling as it surrounded Lonely Bird's feet, encasing them in solid ice.

Laraine let out a chuckle and decided to make her get away now. With a wave she turned away and started to run off. At least she saved one innocent from whatever that man planned. He just seemed like a typical thug to her. Only with strange hair and eyes...

Draconian

"You have got to be kidding me," He said looking down at his foot. Wearily he'd lifted the one foot away from the ice and sure enough, the left one was encased in it and it was cold.

A sneer to the girls retreating form and he quickly enough broke the ice. Ha. Lonely Bird smirked at his own mental pun. This was definitely a quick way to break the ice. Licking his lips he rolled his shoulders and only slipped a little bit before continuing on his way.

What a shitty little girl. Looking unamused he followed her. It wasn't exactly difficult to follow after someone who was running through town in a cloak and at least now he knew he'd have to get that rock-stick away from her.

"Hey, that was rude y'know!" He cupped his hand around his mouth and called after her, not too willing to run just yet. "How do you know I'm not some law man and she was a criminal, huh?" Of course by now people were staring at the snow-haired man but did he care? Hell no! It was bad enough they stared at the little golden symbol on his forehead, what was staring at him for yelling at some retreating weirdo?

"I bet she's gonna murder someone now and it's all your fault!"

Laraine

Now Raine was usually a pretty smart person. She knew when to fight her battles and when not to. But honestly, the way the man was taunting her, she couldn't let that comment go and stopped her running. She turned and saw that he was slowly making his way towards her and this made her a little uneasy.

Still, she was more powerful than him...at least that's what she believed. So she quieted her fears and turned back to him with a slight huff. Luckily her hood was still firmly in place too. No use causing more panic after all. If they were staring at his white hair, her pink would be like a torch light in the dark night.

"I think that your just blowing a lot of hot air." She said, crossing her arms and ready in case the other tried to attack her.

"I'm a pretty good judge of character and out of the two of you, well.. you are much more suspicious! So don't be telling me I iced the wrong person.. " She smirked a bit. "Now do you want another taste? Just be glad I'm letting you off with a warning Iceman." She thought it was a fun nickname.. it certainly matched since the man himself had white hair.

Draconian

"You're about as good at judging character as you are with dressing yourself," He snapped, crossing his arms over his chest, "Which is to say - not at all." Another smile and he gave her a good once over, pursing his lips and shifting his stance.

"You interfere with peoples stuff, ice some poor bastard - me - and then threaten them again? I bet you're just the light of someone's life." The sarcasm was heavy in his voice and he looked behind her and around her, "I suppose these are all your friends?" Indicating the nobody around them.

Laraine

Raine let the insults slide off her back. After all, nothing really this person said would really get to her. That was reserved for her family who wanted to murder her in cold blood. But, she had gotten far from them so she felt safer in this town than in others. This town at least wasn't run by demons. "Hmmm? I'm sorry did you say something? I couldn't hear you over the whining." She teased and chuckled.

"Seriously though, did you just follow me to say all that?" She tilted her head a bit, curious. "Honestly... I have better things to do than to worry about some guy whining that I ruined his plans. If your done now I'd like to get back to my life.." She turned her back to him, waving a bit and starting to walk off, already a little bored with the way he was acting.

Draconian

"I'm done now, " Lonely Bird confirmed, sparing her a smile, "Have a nice life you shitty little brat."

And he turned around and walked the other way. Maybe he'd keep his dealings to the shoreline.

Laraine

Raine almost seemed relieved that the other was walking away without starting another fight. She still felt a little bad about it all. But he did call her a lot of names...why did she have to have such a conscious?!

Huffing a little, she made her way to a tavern and got something to eat. He was starving and this was the best place in town to eat. Figuring she'd never meet him again she continued to go with her day and finally it was nearing the evening. She was nearby the ships on the dock and just was harmlessly walking........until she tripped and landed flat on her face.

"Ow.... that hurt.." she whined and sat up, rubbing it and glancing up and around and hoping noone saw her.

And of course she saw someone she didn't want to see nearby, the white haired guy she had words with. Letting out a low groan, she hoped he hadn't seen that and quickly got to her feet. Only for a sea breeze to blow and suddenly blow her hood right off. Long locks of pink flowed free from their hiding spot and Raine now seriously looked a little worried. Letting out a yelp she tried to pull back her hood but realized now that it was too late. Everyone was staring at her now. She sighed, trying not to look worried.

"So, what are you doing here?" She asked, as if nothing was wrong and that she wasn't the center of attention right now.

Tags: