Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Humble Beginnings [Whim]

Started by Jounin64, October 04, 2015, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Aliki's focuses so much on the light, that he completly forgets to imagine something to stop the stinging. One by one each tendril zaps him, sending jolts through his whole nervous system, he begins to loose consciousness.

The light shines brighter and brighter, then darkness. This process repeats, but the darkness takes longer to stop each time. "Have to stay awake...have to stay..." The flower enters Aliki's sight right before the darkness consumes his vision. 

Whim

"Damn," Ewan swore under his breathe. With little choice he dove into the bastion of tendrils in search of Aliki. He'd given himself clown-fish scales, luckily, and a thick coat of mucus warded off the anemones. The slime felt unpleasant but he hadn't managed this sort of magic in years. That felt good.

The young man propelled himself through the gloom, guided only by the crimson light. That's when he saw Aliki's listless body. The rose was further ahead.

Saving the child seemed obvious.

He grabbed Aliki's shoulder and kicked backwards. The Yoreiqi seemed heavier than before. Ewan could see why. His scaly arm seemed skinner? And Aliki seemed larger than he remembered.

The dreamscape grew dark and murky as Ewan retreated from the goal, Aliki in tow.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Jounin64

(Alright, hopefully I can respond more frequently)

"Aliki my child." A voice resonates within the darkness of the young prophet's mind. He flutters his eyes open, and there his goddess Zyra stood.

"Great mother..." Aliki only manages to whisper, wondering what realm this could be.

"Tell me my child, did you have fun?" Her words were so soothing...so maternal. It made Aliki feel so comfortable. A grin creeps behind his mask.

"Yes I did! Though it was hard work, it was that much more enjoyable to play with Ewan. Is he worthy to stay?" Zyra didn't speak at first, causing Aliki's anxiety to rise.

"It seems he has proven himself." A pink flower appears on the young prophet's hands and with that everything melted away. He suddenly jolts up in the church that he performed the ritual in. Looking over to a still comatose Ewan, he hopes that he'll wake up soon.

Whim

As the dreamscape shifted again Ewan caught a glimpse of the goddess in her full glory. She was a young woman teetering on the precarious edge of adolescence and adulthood. A many hued cloak of leaves, almost like a peacock's tail, preserved her modesty.

Her presence was overwhelming. The boy seemed to stand for an eternity trying to muster the courage to speak... questions burned in his mind.

Ewan awoke with a start. The memory of the dream lingered on the very periphery of his consciousness. He remembered playing a game with Aliki and motherly figure. There was the Now he was back inside the church of bamboo and woven grass. It was dark save for a dim flame near the stone altar. The masked boy was already awake.

"I hardly remember anything. We were playing a game I think..." Ewan rose groggily and looked around. "I think I saw her. What did she say? Did she have any answers about my spell?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

Jounin64

Aliki rushes over and hugs Ewan. "I'm glad you're alright!" Letting go of Ewan, the young prophet takes his mask off to reveal a large grin. "We went on a bit of an adventure, all will be figured out in time, but currently our great mother has given you permission to stay here! Hopefully your presence will be beneficial for both you and the Children of Zyra!" Extending his hand out, Aliki's youthful smile does not falter. "May I be the first to officially welcome you here!"

Whim

"Thanks," Ewan took the older boys hand and offered a smile. Without the mask he looked less a priest and more an ordinary child.

"I didn't expect to be staying here... but it's for the best I think." If he was to settle down anywhere it might as well be with a tribe of children who wanted his condition; at least he wouldn't outlive them. "But that's it? Are there any rules to follow? Do I get a place to live?"

The two strolled outside where Zyra's Haven was illuminated only by torchlight and the fading orange of a sunset. The entire village was there: from scrawny children in grass skirts, to lithe youths covered in bodypaint and totems; not a single wrinkled face among them. They were all smiles.

Ewan out like a sore thumb in his finery, amidst the jungle tribe. The boy gulped and looked hesitantly toward Aliki. He'd been on the road a while, but if he stayed he wouldn't see the comforts of Serendipity ever again... Life out here was hard enough already, let alone with a tribe of children.

The boy was lead forth into the celebration...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Tags: