Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Only the Finest [Draconiannnn]

Started by Codestar7, October 18, 2015, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

Felodas paced forlornly around the dragonrider common-room of Adela Castle. His workload in the past weeks had doubled, with most of the land forces of Adela helping with the civil war in Connlaoth. A scout had come to him telling him of a suspicious caravan laden with high power munitions. The scout had sauntered up to the caravan, and paid the caravan driver a large sum of money to tell him what was in the carriage. The driver had been reluctant, but the money loosened his tongue. Now, the caravan was resting at a caravanserai.

Felodas had to strike now. He knew that these people probably wanted to blow up the city. Or smuggle illegal goods. Either one was bad. He needed one of the best.
"Where is Luna?" snapped Felodas

Draconian

As if on cue, Luna walked in, nose stuck in a book.

The sound of her name had her snap her head up and she stared ahead of herself for a few moments, perhaps having forgotten where she was. Her long pale ponytail whipped behind her from the force of her head movement. "Did someone say my name?" She asked, eyebrows raised pulling the book down.

Codestar7

"Yes. Luna. 'Twas I that called. Being the only dragon-knight in service the entire time I've been Lord-Captain, I'd like you to accompany me on a mission. Showing your worth will mean..." He began to whisper to Luna. "It would mean you'd become the first Dragon-Commander in over a decade. All you need to do is prove yourself in the field then undergo a short test. Do you acceptnthe challenge?" Felodas smiled gaily.

Draconian

Book in hand she stared at him for a few moments, a tilt of her head, brushing the pale hair from her face.

"So you have a task for me..." She started, pursing her lips after a moment, "and you're asking me if I want to go do it? Instead of... Giving me an order?" A look down at her book and she gently placed it down on a table.

"I'll go with you, simply because it's my duty." Giving a shift of her stance she rolled her shoulders, stretching her arms up, "When do we leave?"

Codestar7

"Why Luna, you should know this already." Felodas chuckled. "I am not like Tiarval, Lord-Captain of the Field, nor like that sea-faring  lout I care not the name of. I rarely command. Of course, when our majesty King Akkiel has called upon me for an important task I command. But in this colloquial situation in front of your friends, I'll not command." Felodas bore a purposely over-exaggerated smile. "We leave now. This mission is of the highest importance. The rest of you, and inform your comrades. If shit hits the fan, I'll summon you through Ralenth. Be ready. Luna, take the time you need to get ready." Felodas faltered. "I've read that book. If you're near the end of the chapter, finish it. I need to retrieve a royal warrant to search the vehicle. Thank you, Luna. Your acceptance means a lot." Felodas dashed away from the room, toward the Main Hall.