Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

City Limits

Started by visualspice, June 23, 2022, 03:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif digested what she said.
"After I've returned home, give me a day to think over your proposal."
He didn't fancy the idea of openly 'babysitting ' a foreign mage, not because of appearance, but he'd rather not have yet another body to care for.

But he did owe her.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"A day it is, then."

She cocked her head at him and extended her hand from her reclined position. "Shake on it?"

She didn't love being so close to a mordecai—the stifling feeling in her magic made her skin itch—but she supposed she'd better get used to it. Just in case.

visualspice

Leif stared at the out stretched hand,  smoke drifting casually between them.
"You don't trust my word?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Once again, she found herself rolling her eyes. "Hardly. But what do you think I'm going to do, spell you into a contract? I can't magic you, Ser Mordecai, in case you'd forgotten."

She wiggled her fingers at him expectantly. "It's just a handshake, Your Grace. I promise, I don't bite."

visualspice

Leif's smile turned wooden. 
"That's not what I meant." He eyed her hand. "Or what I fear."
He hardly could forget what he was. "I simply mock the idea of a hand shake." The smile continued,  fake and forced. 
"But if you need it's assurance..." he put his hand out, expectantly. 

DragonSong

Despite his apparent disdain for the concept, Reina shook his hand firmly.

"I believe we have a deal, Your Grace," she told him with a crooked smile. "Now. It would probably be prudent for you to abscond from our lovely accommodations here as subtly as possible; my family with be dealing with my darling brother's wedding drama for a while yet, now is probably your best chance."

She propped herself up on one arm. "I do expect to be hearing from you by day's end tomorrow. And I'm sure you don't want to keep a lady waiting."

visualspice

Leif chewed on his cigar as he studied her.
"Than allow me to take the time to extend the invitation now. If you'd feel so inclined to oblige me, we can converse over these affairs over dinner at my keep. Assuming, you can spare the time? Castavar castle would be nearly half a day's travel from your current accommodations. "

DragonSong

"I'll make it work," Reina responded, with a smile like a summer rain and steel in her voice. "I will likely have to bring a chaperone--I assume that's acceptable?"

visualspice

"The more the merrier. "

His smile was as fake as it could be before it was washed away by more smoke.
"I suppose I shall call for my carriage now. Do you have an errand boy to spare?"

DragonSong

"We do, but you certainly won't be using him," she replied crisply, pushing herself up off of the bed. "I went through quite a bit of effort to ensure none of the staff know you're here, and I intend to keep it that way. I'll call the carriage for you. Will a regular cabby do, or do you have a driver I'm meant to track down?"

visualspice

Leif sighed impatiently. Right. He'd almost forgotten.
"I don't mind a cab, but I had my own valet before I was kidnapped."

DragonSong

"Kidnapped, absconded from assassins, tomato tomahto," Reina snipped back. "Believe me, your grace, it would have been much easier for me to leave you insensibly intoxicated on that balcony."

She shot him another winning smile as she strode back out of the room and went to call a cab, making sure first to send their hired housekeeper to the other end of the house on a quick errand.

visualspice

It was strange to depart another nobles house in secret, especially if it wasn't a woman he was in bed with. He supposed they were in bed in another way. Things would have been different in his youth. He'd probably have spent another night.

But ever since he had been married.... and lost his wife...

The thoughts faded away as he took Reina's hand and kissed the top of it, respectfully. 

"Until tomorrow then."

DragonSong

Reina blinked, a little taken aback by the genteel gesture. She curtsied automatically.

"Until tomorrow, your grace..."

She watched the carriage roll away, turning over what had just happened in her mind.

Was this a good idea?

She honestly didn't know. But she found she was quite excited to find out.