Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was then it began to come back to him.
"You're a doctor." At that, he released his hold on him, but not his glare.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"And you're a vigilante," Fred smiled, moving a hand to rub at his neck while taking deep steady breaths. "I'm not going to take off your mask," His eyes flickered to the mask, a brief moment of eye contact that lasted a moment too long - it meant he was trying to remember if he'd ever seen those eyes before.

"Are you a mage?" A careful question and he looked up and down the vigilante, frowning a little.

visualspice

He could have laughed, but instead, his gaze went harder.
"Have you been living in a box the last few years here?"
His alter ego, The Masked Mordecai had gained enough fame even the peasants knew of him. However, it had been some time since his last nightly rendez-vous in the city.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Yes. My life is in the room and I'd like to keep it that way," Fred had found that by not knowing more than he needed to it kept him safe. If no one suspected him of being a mage and instead just a very good doctor. A frown at the mask and Fred looked at the freshly sewed up wound at the mans abdomen before he licked his teeth behind his lips.

"Mask seems familiar, or at least the idea of it." Fred never forgot a patient - at least not one with more to offer than a cold. " Tell me then, vigilante, who are you? Perhaps it would ring some bells." Though now he had an idea - an enthusiastic little girl had told Doctor Pretty-Man about a masked man that had saved her from some tracking hounds once. A little mage girl. Fred gnawed on his lip for a moment before remembering that wasn't the most manly thing to be doing. Even if stressed.

visualspice

"You're a doctor, not a shut in." He wouldn't buy the ignorance as far as he could throw this prissy boy.

Draconian

"I am a shut in, mostly." A tilt of his head and he smiled, "By choice. Keeps me safe if no one suspects me doesnt it? I don't turn anyone away as you can clearly see," Fred nodded towards the mans torso before he rolled his shoulders. "It may look bad to the law, I'd hate for these people to lose a doctor before I'm suspected of mage craft."

visualspice

"With how the Grand Duke is running things, everyone is suspected of being a mage," the masked man went on, bitterly.

Draconian

A moment to pause and Freds fingers started to tingle, always one with warm hands - they soothed better than cold ones - he was shocked to find them cold. "Cant suspect what you don't remember exists," He flashed a small smile and rubbed his hands together, another frown, "Ah... I think I remember. Masked..." Then it hit him, "Mordecai." He swallowed and rubbed his chest with his palm, "You're the mordecai."

Fred visibly relaxed and tried to smile, "Well thank goodness for that."

visualspice

Although the man seemed to relax, Leif did not, and he was still glaring at him.
"So you're a doctor who takes no side in the war." He gave a sniff, but it wasn't a discouraging notion. Were he not in such a predicament.... No, he'd still act just as guarded- and just as mean.

"I suppose I should thank you for stitching me up."

Draconian

It was comforting to know that the mordecai was this one right here instead of one lurking in the shadows outside the room. Fred rolled his shoulders.

"I'm on a side. I'm on my sisters side. No other side matters," a little frown and he sighed and Fred smiled slightly at the grumpy man.

"No thanks needed, its not like I gave you a choice. I'm sure my slinging you over my shoulder didn't help." A look around the room and he frowned, "Downside of helping mordecai. That will take a normal amount of time to heal," He looked at the wound again and blew out a breath, "I like to check back on my patients. Can you come back in a few days and I can look at it? You can wear your mask."

visualspice

Leif stared at the man good and hard before deducing, "You are a mage." A statement rather than a question.

Draconian

Fred stared back, frowning. "I'm a doctor," it was a cool correction though he tried go make himself look bigger, shoulders back and looking a little pale. Weary. There was no denial. Fred was a mage. As was his twin. The masked man didnt need to know anything about that though.

visualspice

"A doctor who conveniently heals. Guess you didn't think you'd be helping a mordecai."

Draconian

Fred smiled, "I don't use magic when I help people. I put it in the bandages. The thread when I stitch," His voice turned gentle and he looked at the wound, "It speeds up the healing process a little. Helps keep infection away." A small shrug, "my father was a doctor. It's just that the circumstance of my birth has helped me be... More capable." He rolled his shoulders and smiled, "I'm more than capable of helping you, as you clearly see." He nodded towards the stitched wound, "You'll have to come back in a few days anyway, for me to take the stitches out."

visualspice

"I can remove my own stitches. There needn't be a second reunion."

Draconian

Fred looked hesitant. Concerned, still. This man was a vigilante and Fred didn't really want anything to do with him. "Very well, be careful, the wound was deep. Try not to move around too much or you could tear them and then everyone would wonder why a gentleman would be bleeding from the gut." A smirk, "Assuming you take the mask off."

visualspice

He frowned, still glaring at him.
"And assuming I'm a gentleman."

Draconian

Fred smiled and moved to a basin of clean water before he grabbed a cloth and began to wash the masked mans blood from his hands. "Fine. Someone would notice someone else bleeding from the gut. Even if that someone was a cad." Fred smiled pleasantly and dried off his hands, " though if you do need patching up again - i may be able to provide you help should you come to me - cant say ive ever turned anyone away."

visualspice

"You're quick to presume I'd look for help," Leif replied, still guarded.

Draconian

Fred gave him an odd look, "I carried you here, bleeding from the gut. You've ruined a shirt with your blood and I'm trying to be nice. I didn't even remove your mask." Folding his arms over his chest he leaned against a cabinet filled with clean linens.

"I want to assume the best of people," Fred started giving the Masked Man a frown, "I want to assume that - should you be injured - instead of using a sewing needle and some string from your pants you'd come to me for help because I offered to provide it. I don't expect you to - don't really want you to. I'm offering if you have need of my services." Fred pushed his hands through his short hair, causing it to stand on end in his irritation.

The hour was late and Fred yawned widely, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.