Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by requests! If interested, don't hesitate to PM me :D

Trest was picking his teeth, but if you asked him, he'd deny it. But there had been some gristle stuck since dinner, and there was one thing he overly pride himself in, and it was his devilishly handsome good looks. His teeth's health were than of equal importance, and the new fad of 'brushing' one's teeth was not lost on him. So when the pesky gristle remained lodged, he kept at it, gums bleeding a little until finally, the tooth pick dug in at just the right angle and the gristle was freed.

Sinking back into his chair, he sighed with relief, took a few seconds to look at his face in the small, desk mirror again before inspecting how a small shaving nick from yesterday was healing. And considering all things on his check list were accounted for (as he just did his book keeping thrice now since supper), Trest, also known to his fellow thieves as 'The Hawk', was positively bored.

Perhaps he should have taken that last assignment for himself, but at the time he didn't want to be bothered. After all, he hadn't slept a wink that night and had a few more than eager new recruits who wanted a job. But though he as growing complacent being behind the desk rather than working out 'in the field', he did miss the thrill of thievery- though not entirely the guilt. At least where he was, with boots propped up on his desk and relaxed back, the guilt was only second hand, so much easier to stomach.

Besides, jobs were jobs, right? Everyone had their place and it just so happened he fell into the thieving category. And not just any thief! But a leader among them! So, while dreadfully bored, he flipped open a drawer near his side and leafed through some items that were in there. Pulling out a small, green leather book; he flipped to the marked page and tried to resume where he had left off, and soon was immersing himself so deeply into his novel that his nose was basically stuffed into the pages and...
Moments later, he was snoring.

He must have needed more sleep than he thought, for the sudden, rattling fall of the dumbwaiter  hadn't stirred him, and in fact, it just so happened at the same time he elicited a loud snore. So perhaps it was that drowning out the woman's ungraceful consequential actions of adventuring into unknown territory...

But the sleeping Hawk was none the wiser, head slumped over into his book, one arm resting over his belly, and worn, leather boots propped upon the desk. And if it weren't for the sporadically paced snores, he might look partially dead the way he was draped and almost unmoving.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Jynx swore mentally at the creaking, rattling racket the dumbwaiter caused. She froze in place, but no one in the room seemed to notice. Letting out a soft breath, she crept out of the small box, wincing as her spine finally uncurled after so long. She looked around, eyes training onto the man asleep at the desk. So this was the infamous Hawk, huh? Jynx smirked. He didn't look like much- sure he was handsome enough, but what self-respecting thief left himself that open? She shook her head and rolled her eyes, then quickly snapped back into sneak mode.

Wow. There were certainly plenty of baubles and trinkets- some more valuable than others- that she could have grabbed and been on her way. But she needed something specific, and according to her source it was here. And it had better be; she hadn't come all the way from Zantaric for a dead end.

Raising her right hand, she drew one of her knives from the sheath strapped to her thigh and pricked her finger, letting the trickle of blood run into her palm before she clenched her hand into a fist, murmuring, "Tiameth, come to me."

There was a tugging sensation in her gut and the air in front of her shimmered, then warped as a small demon fluttered onto her plane. She most closely resembled a tiny fox, but with bat wings instead of front legs and a mix of black and deep crimson fur. Tiameth flapped over to her, perching on her head and chirping softly.

"Shh," Jynx hissed, glancing nervously at the sleeping man. She grabbed the demon by the scruff of her neck and pulled her off her head to look into her pointed little face. Semi-intelligent, bright green eyes blinked at her. "You know what to do," she told her, voice barely above a breath, and let her go.

Tiameth glided around the room, whiskered nose twitching. Jynx began to relax, just a bit. She was the best tracker demon she had, and small enough that she was perfect for stealth missions.

CRASH!

Usually. Jynx closed her eyes. "Oh, fu-"

visualspice

The dreams were sweet- a woman and wine and a fine bed. It definitely wasn't something he wanted to be disturbed from. A smile itched across his lips, as snores continued, which were only broken up by soft giggles and little puddles of drool dribbling down his chin.

Yes, he was normally more alert than this- but a sexy dream with a sexy woman whom he was about to get lucky with-
Was just enough of a distraction for him not to hear the approach of another. But the crash was a whole other story.

"What the-"

He had been leaning back in his chair, and the crash startled him- and sent him flying backwards in his chair, creating his own little crash as well, as he was painfully winded, laying there on his back side, staring up at his ceiling.

"Okay, who do I have to kill for ruining my nap?" he sighed from where he lay, seeming in no real hurry to get up. He just presumed it was one of his stupid underlings again. They always ruined his naps. Then again.. maybe he napped too muhc as of lately. He grew a bit worried his stomach was becoming... too soft.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Jynx sighed, clenching her fist and whispering, "Return through the Veil." Tiameth disappeared with a small pop, the sheaf of papers and the remains of some metal trinket she had knocked off the Hawk's desk the only evidence of her presence. Cursing quite colorfully in her head, Jynx moved toward the window, hoping maybe she could still get out of this.

Don't get up, don't get up, don't get up, she chanted silently, moving one foot at a time with careful precision. Damnit all, one shot at this and the stupid demon blew it.

visualspice

Although still on the floor, he could hear her enough to know someone was trying to get out. He turned his head in her direction, seeing a shadowy figure moving towards the window. That's when he kicked his leg forward to hit a wooden lever under his desk- and suddenly a pair of wooden bars snapped infront of the window. He sat up.
"Going somewhere?"

DragonSong

Fuuuuuuck... Jynx scowled at the bars, planting her fists on her hips. The she fixed a smile to her face, as charming as she could make it, and spun on her heel to face the desk. "Why, you know, I was just thinking I might stay awhile." She popped a hip and leaned against the wall, smoothly hiding one hand behind her back and white knuckling the hilt of her knife.

visualspice

The 'Hawk' was standing beside his desk now, his hip leaning against it and arms folded across his chest. He simply eyed the woman when she openly revealed herself.

"I don't know... though it seems I put up the invitation for you to do so.." Trest went on with a sigh. "I think I might extend that invitation to the town's jail. They have really good porridge you know," he went on, idly examining his nails. Was that a hang nail?

DragonSong

Jynx bared her teeth. She so did not need this right now. Come on, think, there had to be a way out, there was always a way out.

Suddenly the scar across her face twinged and a deep, rasping voice hissed through her mind: I could take care of him for you...

"No," she murmured, hoping the man wouldn't hear. Raising her voice, she said, "As tempting as that offer is, I'm sure we don't need to go that far." A mock pout graced her lips. "Come now, it's not like I've done any real harm, is it?" She batted her eyes. Despite the scar, she could be quite charming when she put her mind to it.

visualspice

HE looked at her- unamused, and also with a look that said he wasn't buying it.
"If that's the case... you won't mind if I ask you to empty your pockets." He gave a gesture, mostly with is wrist. "All of your pockets."

DragonSong

Jynx's smile turned into a snarl. "It's almost like you don't trust me or something," she grumbled. But- fortunately or unfortunately, she wasn't quite sure yet- she hadn't actually managed to nab what she'd come here for, so there was nothing too incriminating in her pockets.

Well, other than the assortment of knives, including the two strapped to the small of her back and the tiny one tucked down the front of her corset (not an easy place to store a blade, but handy in a pinch). She decided he didn't need to know about those.

"There," She said, showing him the handful of coins and the three more visible knives she kept stashed on her person. The ones in her boots were staying put too. "Happy?"

visualspice

Trest sighed, shaking his head with a tsk.
"I'm a business owner, and a very good one at that." He set his jaw, looking at her sternly. "Maybe I should elaborate that pockets mean... any conceivable hiding place. Unless you don't mind a frisking."
But his tone didn't indicate he was being playful. Then again, he was rather vain. The scar.. was kind of off putting and well-
She woke him up from his nap!

Then again, she might have saved his book from any more drool stains that may have erased some of the words he had left to read... Still! He was a leader, and leader's had to do.. leaderly things!

DragonSong

Jynx gave a tsk of her own, mumbling expletives as she yanked the knives from her boots and back, then carefully withdrew the smaller one from her cleavage.

The rasping voice in her head chuckled. Silly human, it whispered. He smells delicious...

"I said no," Jynx hissed firmly. Feeling very naked without her blades, she crossed her arms and quirked an eyebrow. "So, mister very-good-business-owner, now what?"

visualspice

"Now.." he went on with a sigh. "I need you to remove your clothes."
And his expression was most serious!

DragonSong

Jynx's jaw dropped. Can I eat him now? the voice asked, smug.

"I'm thinking about it," she growled softly in response. To the Hawk she quipped, "I'm flattered, really- but over my dead body."

visualspice

"Well flattered you should be, however, I'm not here to seduce you, though I could," he went on, matter of factly. His gaze remained coolly upon her. "This is all business, really.. so... if you'd please.." He gestured with his eyes. "The clothing... Though if you need help..."
And at that, only that, did his eyes break the cool to reveal a devilish sparkle. He was really enjoying this. The woman deserved it. She was trespassing, after all.

DragonSong

Not many things could truly throw Jynx for a loop; this smirking thief officially made the list. He was trying to embarrass her, but she was not going to let him win.

"I can manage myself, thanks," she snipped, hands moving to work at the laces on the front of her corset. In a few deft, practiced movements she shucked it to the side, leaving her upper half clad only in a breastband, then moved to shimmy out of her tailored breeches. Hands on her hips, she faced him wearing only her undergarments and raised her eyebrows in a challenge.

Your move, pal.

visualspice

Though taking in her form- he kept his cool.
"And the under garments.." he went on with a casual motion of his wrist.

DragonSong

Sorry- what?!

Her cheeks flushed slightly and she silently cursed the blush. She had a great body, damnit, and she knew it; normally she wasn't even remotely self-conscious, but this was going a bit too far.

She met his gaze with a glare, gritting her teeth. C'mon, girl, you can do this. Don't let him beat you, don't let him beat you. "May I ask why? You can clearly see that I'm unarmed. I have nothing else on me."

visualspice

"What?" At that, a smile broke across his lips. And it made him devilishly handsome as he remained against his desk. He knew he looked good- just as she knew she did, too. Scar aside, he could appreciate a good view when he saw one.

"Think of it as.. payment.. you know, for me not handing you over to the authorities for trespassing and thieving. The guards here are pretty tough on their laws you know," he went on, buffing his nails and pretending it was no big thing.

"If you want.." he began, examining his nails. "I could help." He sighed. "Women's undergarments can be difficult. But don't worry," he then turned his blue eyes to her- and they sparkled mischievously. "I'm pretty well practiced in that-.. art."

DragonSong

"Oh, I'm sure you are." Jynx curled her lip at him. "But I'm good, actually, thanks." As much as she hated to admit it, he had a point. A few moments of embarrassment were better than whatever the authorities might have in store for her.

"I hate you," she informed him coolly, reaching behind her back and letting her last scraps of clothing drop to the floor.

The voice in her head howled with laughter and she could feel her face burn. "Are we good now? You done?"