Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shadow Walk [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Restarting an old thread idea- so PM me if interested in joining! :D

Zantaric- known for it's crude, rude and filthy population, a scab constantly picked over on the world, festering and unkempt- with not a single ruler but many who try to stake claim with fists and swords. So many that came here came to stay, for a sanctuary for the seedy grows the shadiest of trees. Though that was not the reason that drew Iyla Krue. She had a lead, and a keen sense, that this was the place she'd find the seed of darkness- and not just the 'seeds' of darkness hidden within these men.

She was only in the city for a few minutes and was already regretting her stay. With one hand cautious and tense at her side, she stalked through the town. Though most wouldn't think much of her- for she was dressed as a man, and had only a few sparse sprigs of hair poking through the front of her hood ad falling over her ruby red eyes. A mask was tucked across her face, and because of the ways she bound her body, it appeared as just another lithe man stalking through their city like a cautious panther. There were many of these types, so she fit right in.

She wasn't here for the same reasons as most. Where dark and twisted magics and men converged, and skull cracked in brawls on the street for power and pleasure- no, she was seeking something much more dangerous than that- for a dark entity was present here, and she could sense it, even through the stench of men at the bar. The tavern: The Craggy Oak was nothing boastful, in fact, it was positively filthy and a little too crowded for her own tastes, but she needed a drink and a place to get her barrings.

This place made her dizzy, dizzier than most, but she assumed it was the lack of table manners and the grunts of men and their stench. That, and the fact the shadow seed had to be close. It was hard to discern where, but the ink-like matter that had replaced her blood sent a warm tingling sensation throughout her veins. So she knew she was getting close.

Ordering a mug of ale, it came in a dirty cup, but she didn't care. Pulling back the clothe about her mouth, just enough so that she could drink, she chugged down about half the mug before replacing the mask and peering through the darkness of the Inn. Yes, it was very close- perhaps too close, as her senses were drumming inside her ears, a sensation that was soon giving her a headache. But so was the noise inside the bar. Gods damn drunks.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Garrick

A thick cloud of black mist slowly materializes in a dark alley somewhere in Zantaric. Red eyes peer out from within the cloud as it grows and forms into the semi-solid mass that is Al'shir's body, making his way through the narrow passage. An unknowing beggar steps out from shallow alcove to beg for coin. The man's eyes meet Al'shir's wisping body and stops in fear, and he makes a pathetic attempt to scream as a Black Arrow slides up under his chin. The beggar drops to the ground, contorting in pain both from the arrow, and from the poison it released through his body.

Al'shir spots another dark alley and steps through the shadows to it, leaving the old beggar laying in the dirt. He is just the first of many.

Al'shir continues shadow stepping through the city, being drawn by something. He brings himself to an alley looking at a decrepit tavern with a sign labeled The Craggy Oak. He pushes the door open and steps inside, taking in the sights and smells around him.

visualspice

The sound of the door was louder than it ought to have been, causing the shrouded woman to wince and glare at the one at the door. But something was odd about this one- somehow, she could feel he was not like the others. She tensed from where she sat, but did nothing to approach or make herself known in her hostility; however, she wouldn't have to.

Many of the other patrons were rowdy from booze as it was, and to see some shadow cloaked fellow simply step inside, all eyes went to him- and some were glistening with the prospect of fresh meat. Then again, strangers came and went, but sometimes it was fun to pick on the new crowd.

Iyla finally turned her back from the door- but somehow she felt she could still see the man was there. It was irritating to say the least, and just about as head ache inducing as her urgent desires to chase her stones.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Garrick

A large man steps from the bar and challenges Al'shir, spitting insults after insult at his mother, but Ahl'shir shrugs them off, trying to discern what it was that drove him to this place. A slight tug in his mind directs him to the mysterious form of Iyla. Taking a step toward her he suddenly halts, a black, wisping shield instantly forming in front of him as a large fist crashes into it. The man's fist thuds heavily against the cloud-shield, and the sound of bone cracking fills the air.

Red eye narrow and stare at the drunk brute. Still clutching his broken hand, then man slowly retreats back to the bar without another word and with a blank expression on his face. The other patrons just seem to stare at Al'shir for a moment, until one of them shouts, "Next round on me!" With that the crowd seems to lose interest in Al'shir, and they whoop and holler and pat the generous man on the back.

Al'shir, confident that the patrons won't be any further annoyance, pushes his way to Iyla's table. He just stands there for a moment, silent. Then a voice echos in her mind as he attempts to speak telepathically with her. "May I sit?"

visualspice

It was a strange occurrence if she had ever seen one in such a seedy place, but unlike the others who were surprised by the shield of darkness- she had completely other reasons to be surprised. And she wasn't liking this one bit. She found it hard to ignore Al-shir's presence, but she had eventually looked away, returning her attentions to her own beer and fumbling in her senses to figure out where the seed had gone. She figured one of these men had to have it, but a part of her wondered if it wasn't at another establishment near by

Her thoughts, however, were interrupted when something invaded her mind. She bristled and turned away from the man.

"I think you'll find better seats by the bar,"s he growled in reply.

Garrick

"I think the bar is fine without me. I would prefer a seat here." He sits himself down across the table from her, keeping his eyes on her, gently laying his bow next to him.

"There is a presence here I cannot explain. Something drew me here, and I have a feeling it had the same effect on you." Al'shir pauses for a moment to consider the woman. Something about her seemed familiar. He doesn't know her, that's for sure, but something in his mind tugged at him like they were connect in some way. "What are you, exactly?"

visualspice

Irritation brewed within the depths of her red eyes as she glared callously at the man who took a seat beside her.

"Same as anyone else around here," she growled, keeping her voice low- masculine. "You're in Zantaric.. what did you expect to find."

Garrick

Al'shir lets out a slight chuckle, lips curling into a wry smirk.

"Not like everyone else. You are different in some way, that I can tell. I just don't know what it is that makes you different."

He takes another pause. Deciding to join the person in drinking. He motions over to a barmaid and she soon brings him a mug of cheap ale.. free of charge. Disgusted by the state of the mug, he manifests his own, and pours the liquid into it.

Meanwhile one of the drunk patrons stares at Iyla confused, as she seems to speaking to herself.

OCC: My b, totally forgot that she is disguised as a man lol

visualspice

Iyla just glared at the man. She wanted to drink some more in hopes to be able to forget about this man, but she wasn't about to pull down her mouth cover, lest he suspect more than he was letting on.

"Maybe it's because I don't frequent here often. Looks to me like you don't either."

Garrick

Al'shir scowls, obviously irritated at her for her vagueness.

"There is something here, pulling me to it. A force I do not recognize or understand. I feel somewhat.. connected to it. What do you know of this?"

visualspice

She bristled and shot a glare his way. He knew too much.
"What? You're acting like any other man who travels to Zantaric. The pull is greed and selfish conquest."

Garrick

"Selfish conquest I understand," Al'shir spoke, "but greed does not fuel my actions. Not in the traditional sense, at least."

"What ever it is that brought me here.. I feel a similar connection to it like I do with you. So I ask again, what are you?"

visualspice

Her eyes narrowed.
"Don't worry about what I am. But if you keep pressing on the subject, you'll wish you would have dropped it sooner." And she returned to her drink, wanting to take a sip, but then gripping the mug angrily and not wanting to risk lowering the wrap around her mouth to do so. Though her gender would still remain hidden, she didn't want to risk it.

"I suggest you find another table."

Garrick

"Very well." His voice echos in her mind, even as his body fades into a thick cloud of black smoke. Even as the cloud disappears altogether.

Up on a roof overlooking the tavern's entrance, the cloud begins to reappear, then forms the wispy body of Al'shir. He stands watch, intent on following the person when they leave. He reaches out with his mind ever so slightly, just enough to feel that they are still inside, but not enough to tip them off of his presence. He waits.

visualspice

Eyes were upon her, she could feel it, reaching out from the bar. She itched to be out of that place, but the seed.... She could still sense it. It had to be on one of these fools. Just which?

Her eyes slowly scanned the room, trying to be as nonchalant as she could. She managed to pick up the group of men that were looking at her, but it seemed they weren't really all that interested in her as they went back to their conversation and flirting with one of the bar maids.

Still, Iyla continued to look around, wondering just which of these damn thugs might have what she was looking for when the floor shook along with a sudden crack of thunder.

Even the rough tough men of Zantaric jumped at the sudden storm, but soon the men were laughing and peering towards the windows as they flashed with lightning and then soon after, pelted with rain.

Not that she minded the rain, nor the weather, it did make hte atmosphere inside the tavern heavier. Dangerous men were a lot more dangerous when anxious, and the level raised was all but too much for her-

The ringing of the seed, no matter how close, would have to wait for now. She didn't want to deal with these men if she didn't have to- so once it seemed no one was paying much attention her way, she took this moment to step outside.

Garrick

The thunder took Al'shir by surprise. He hasn't been on this world for long, and thus is unaccustomed to its weather patterns. The plane of shadow didn't have storms like this. He recovered quickly however, though the rain was a bit of a nuisance. It was difficult to sense the woman's presence as she left the tavern, the rain creating some interference, but his eyes made up the slack. Pitch black against the dark sky and buildings, Al'shir watched, and waited, prepared to move and follow her if she went any farther.

visualspice

Clutching the side of her head, it seemed the shadow seed would not be quieted. She clenched a fist, one that was now getting soaked in rain before turning back into the bar and drawing her blade. She couldn't think, or really even see, and when the men noted the strange dressed 'man' in all black leather- it was too late. Her sword had already cut down three men before she figured out which one had the seed, and her eyes went upwards towards the roof above.

In the rooms.. one of the guests staying in the room above them had it. Damn her for not thinking that threw, and now she had an entire tavern full of pissed off and now armed men.

Garrick

Al'shir watched as the man went back inside, drawing her blade. Confusion swept over him as he strained to determine why, the rain bothering more and more as the time passed. He Shadow Steps down to the tavern, just outside the door. He cracks it open and peers inside.

(Sorry for the VERY late response, Spice.)

visualspice

He would see chaos. A fight erupted the moment there was blood- and there had been so much blood. But Iyla was the one dishing most of it out. One cut here, another three elsewhere, and another few men were laying in piles of their own blood. She was swift, inhumanly swift, and after high kicking another attacker aside, Iyla was racing towards the staircase, only to have one of the brawling men jab a blade into her side.

Tags: