Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Calm Winds and Warm Sunlight [Morrighan]

Started by Scythe-Nova, November 22, 2015, 07:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

Flapping it's wings the butterfly flitted around a flower it had just pollinated, it decided to land somewhere to rest it's delicate wings for a bit and thus looked around for a suitable spot. The butterfly eventually landed on some strange pinkish thing, it was warm to the touch and provided a comfortable perch for the tired butterfly.But moments after it had landed the pink thing twitched slightly scaring the butterfly making it flit away quickly.

---

Vivianne sluggishly opened her eyes and looked to her left hand and saw a butterfly flit away from it, She rose to a sitting position and looked around at the surroundings. She was beneath a tree in the middle of a clearing, emerald green grass on the forest floor and gentle sunlight comming through the foliage of the trees. Vivianne was sitting on top of her simple bedroll that and her backpack was acting as a pillow, She reached out to her side and gripped the handle of her bow Cineris. Feeling the bow in her hand granted her comfort of mind and she rembered that she had decided to take a nap in this clearing.

-"..."

The calm winds and the gentle warmth of the suns light combined made Vivianne strangely sluggish, But it was not something new to her because this is what always happened when the winds were calm. It had to do with her ability to read the wind since the winds would move slowly and calmly, Vivianne were still rather sluggish but now that she was awake she guessed it was time to eat a little.

-"Hmmm..."

She turned around and opened up her backpack and pulled out a piece of bread and a chunk of cheese along with a bundle of dried meat, she moved the backpack out of the way and scooted back up against the tree behind it and leaned against it before digging into the food she had. Vivianne relaxed as she ate she listened to the sounds of the nature, Bird song, the chitters of insects and the faint sounds of a river in the distance but her facial expression never chanced from the neutral expression she always had.

Wild

A pair of pointy ears could be seen in the tall grass, a soft rustling of grass and leaves as the ears came closer and closer to the butterfly. Attached to the ears was a mass of dark, tousled curls, a pair of dark, almost black eyes staring sharp and alert at the butterfly.

There it landed, on some strange pinkish thing....  The pointy ears came closer and closer, hiding in the tall grass on the ground. There was another light rustle as whatever was hiding in the grass decided to attack with a giant pounce.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

A girlish battle cry filled the air and a young elf girl jumped up from the hiding place in the grass, throwing herself towards the place where the butterfly had been only moments before. As she landed on the ground she landed on her chest first.

"Oooof!" she grunted, laying flat on her stomach just long enough to see the butterfly fluttering away.

"Oh nuts," the elf girl cursed in the common tongue when she saw her catch escaping.

As she sat up and rubbed her elbow which had been scratched in the attack, she noticed someone staring at her from the top of a simple bedroll beneath the tree in the middle of the clearing.

Oooops.....

Scythe-Nova

Normally Vivianne would have put an arrow through this person who had suddenly appeared out of nowhere, But today Vivianne just did not feel like doing it at all. So all she did was stare at the woman with a blank stare as she kept on eating her bread, But no matter how this person would move Vivianne's eyes was locked into staring right into the womans eyes.

-"..."

She brought a piece of dried meat and put it into her mouth and chewed on it slowly, Her facial expression did not show any emotion at all but her eyes seemed curious somehow. She picked up a waterskin next to herself and took a mouthfull of water without breaking eye contact with the woman, Vivianne could still see the winds of this person and could feel that there were no real enmity towards herself from this woman. This wind showed Vivianne that the woman was an impulsive one, Vivianne reached out with her hand to the side and held it there in the air for no apparent reason untill the butterfly from before came into sight and landed on one of her fingers of the outstretched hand.

-"..."

She broke off a small piece of bread with her free hand and popped it into her mouth, She was completely silent and never broke eye contact with the woman even if the other woman would look away Vivianne's eyes would be focused on the womans eyes.

Wild

Wild stood up in the grass and brushed off her dress when she saw the woman sitting in front of her and staring at her, while eating a slice of bread. She had a blank stare, and Wild looked over at her, wondering if she was sleeping. But nobody slept with their eyes open, did they?

"Oh.... ehhh.... hi...."

Wild tried a friendly, sheepish smile, writhing in discomfort. She had never been good at social situations , and now, on top of this, she had to speak to a stranger....

She watched the woman reaching out with her hand and waiting until the butterfly landed on one of her fingers. Her eyes widened in disbelief - no butterfly had ever gotten the crazy idea to land on her. This, of course, only went to prove that butterflies were smart....

"Wow, how did you do that?" she asked, clearly impressed. "I mean... It just landed on your hand - just like that...."

Still no word from the woman, who instead broke a small piece of bread with her free hand and popped it into her mouth.

"You don't say much, do you?" she said, waiting for the other woman to make a sound. "Well, quiet types are okay too I guess. My name is Wild. What's your name?"

Scythe-Nova

When the other woman smiled Vivianne relaxed her body making her less tense, this woman was not her enemy and thus she could lower her guard. In reality she had raised her hand so that she would be able to reach her bow should the other woman attack her, But she did not lower her hand since the other woman seemed fascinated by the butterfly that had landed on her finger.

-"..."

At last when the woman introduced herself Vivianne moved her hand making the butterfly flit away, She rose from her sitting position and stood up revealing her towering stature compared to Wild. Her expression never changed but her eyes now seemed calm and friendly somehow, She reached out her hand towards Wild looking for a handshake.

-"Hello Wild, My name is Vivianne"

Though Vivianne was unable to make an expression like a smile her very voice overflowed with emotion making it really easy to understand how she was feeling, And looking at her eyes one could see that they were the eyes of someone smiling even though Vivianne's face made no expression her voice and eyes did.

Wild

Wild noticed the other woman relaxing her body, and she felt a bit more relaxed herself now that it seemed like the other woman did not wish to attack her. Even if she always carried a dagger with her, she had no plans to use it unless it was really necessary, for instance if her life was in danger.  But how could she fear a woman who was capable of taming the butterflies?

She waited while the woman rose from her sitting position, noticing that the woman was taller than herself. Her eyes seemed calm and friendly, so when she reached out her hand towards Wild, the young elf girl took it for a friendly handshake.

As she reached her arm towards Vivianne, the sleeve of her dress was moved away, revealing a couple dark bruises on Wild's arm. The bruises revealed that someone had grabbed the girl and shook her violently.

"Nice to meet you, Vivianne," Wild smiled. "You have a beautiful name. How did you manage to tame the butterfly?"

Scythe-Nova

Viviannes eyes studied Wild as she moved but it took such a short time that it only looked like she had winked at Wild, A miniscule blush appeared on her face as Wild said that her name was pretty.

-"...Your name is pretty as well.."

Vivanne looked away towards the butterfly to see it flit away into the forest, She turned back towards Wild and tilted her head slightly.

-"Tame? no i just saw in the winds that it wanted a place to rest.."

She explained like it was the most obvious thing in the world and to her it was, Vivianne had trouble understanding that not many could read the winds like her. Vivianne let go of Wilds hand and sat down again and looked up towards Wild, Curiosity tugged at her mind about the bruises on Wilds arm but decided to not say anything yet.

Wild

Wild smiled when she saw the girl studying her face - it felt more than a friendly wink than an actual study. She smiled and blushed when Vivianne told her that her name was pretty.

"Thank you," she smiled. "I have another name too, more in style with my personality. My parents used to call me Little Hurricane when I grew up..."

She watched the butterfly as it flit away into the forest, sighing with admiration. "Oh look at it, isn't it pretty?" she asked. "I was trying to catch it so I could ask it to teach me how to fly..."

Her eyes widened when Vivianne said she could see in the wind how the butterfly wanted a place to rest. "You can read winds?" she asked in childlike wonder. "Really? My mother was a shaman healer, but she never got the chance to teach me anything before she died..."

When Vivianne sat down in the grass, Wild sat down too. Vivianne was the first living companion Wild had seen in a long time, unless she counted her former Master. And the she elf did not consider Master companion for anyone.

Scythe-Nova

-"Teach you to fly? Does one not need wings to fly?"

She asked and tilted her head slightly in a curious manner, It got Vivianne thinking about what was really needed for flying. But when Wild talked about her mother she got curious and leaned forward a little bit, But Vivianne remembered hearing about something quite similar.

-"I'm not sure but the way i see the winds is different from the way shamans read the wind..."

She said and looked at Wild calmly before looking to her side at Cineris resting against the tree and the quiver of arrows next to Cineris, Again just knowing that it was near her brought Vivianne peace of mind as it was a very important item to her.

Wild

Wild smiled when Vivianne asked if she needed wings to fly. "Well, yes," she admitted. And that was my point. I wanted to ask if I could study its wings so I could construct and build a pair of wings large enough to carry me...."

She looked embarrassed as she watched the butterfly flitting away in the distance. "But it flew away before I got to ask..." she said, a right outspoken downcast expression on her face.

Returning her attention to Vivianne, she noticed her leaning forward by the talk of Wild's mother. Perhaps she was a shaman too? The way she spoke of the winds brought up her curiosity.

"Are you a shaman too?" she asked. "How can you see the winds?"

She looked at the bow and the quiver of arrows resting against the tree and sighed in admiration. "Nice weapons," she said. "I used to have a bow and arrows too when my father was alive. He was a powerful chieftain and wanted to raise me to become a warrior. But he died when I was 5, so I never got to learn the skills with weapon as well as he wanted me to..."

Scythe-Nova

-"Build wings? is that even possible?"

The question was not really directed at Wild more just a thought that Vivianne had for herself, She looked at the way where the Butterfly had gone before looking back at Wild.

-"Me? No i'm not a shaman, I can see the winds because my eyes are special"

She explained and tilted her head in curiosity when Wild sighed and followed her gaze to Cineris and her arrow quiver, she reached out and picked up Cineris and one of the javelin sized arrows.

-"This is not just a weapon this is my partner Cineris"

She explained and showed Wild her bow Cineris, the metal bow was black but had a strange luster about it and the carvings had a silvery colour. Cineris was almost as tall as Vivianne and seemed to weigh quite a bit, and it seemed like one would need amazing strength to even draw the string. Viviannes eyes showed only admiration and love when she looked at Cineris, it was obvious that Cineris was very important to her.

Wild

Wild nodded when Vivianne asked if it was possible to build wings. "With the right materials I suppose it is possible," she replied.

After all, she had lived with a world famous inventor for the last 13 years. These years had taught her how to use tools and how to build things or repair them. She was also quite handy at tearing things apart with the right tools.

She looked curiously up at Vivianne when she told her that she could see the winds because her eyes were special. "In what way are your eyes special?" she asked interested, wondering if the woman used some kind of special lens to see things, like Master did when he worked on his inventions.

The elf girl nodded when she was introduced to Vivianne's bow Cineris. Her father, who had been a warrior chieftain and thus the leader of her childhood village, had always said that the sword was the soul of the Dark Elf. So why could not Vivianne have a bow as her soul? Perhaps that was how things worked in her tribe?

"Nice to meet you, Cineris," she said to the bow. "I am Wild. I've just ran away from the orphanage in the worst part of Zantaric and now I am trying to find my way back to my village... I will probably have to fight some bands of orcs on my way home..."

Scythe-Nova

-"To be perfectly honest i do not know how or when i aquired my Windreading abilities.. I just know that theese are not my original eyes"

She explained and gestured at her eyes as her slit pupils narrowed and glowed faintly, Vivianne knew that she had aqured these eyes but she could not for the life of her remember when or where. It was like a piece of her past was missing from her memory, Vivianne did not bother herself much with finding out why since it awas not something that bothered her that much.

-"Orcs? I have not heard of Orcs within Serendipity or even Adela... is your village located in Connlaoth?"

She asked as she turned around and put back Cineris leaning against the tree, She turned back towards Wild before sitting down on top of her bedroll again and gestured that Wild was welcome to sit next to her.

Wild

Wild nodded when Vivianne spoke of her eyes not being her original ones. Studying the eyes she noticed the slit pupils narrowed and glowed faintly. "It is a remarkable sight for sure," she smiled. "But I think your eyes suit you. My eye color is black, to make it easier for me to see in darkness, but I must admit I get a splitting headache on a very bright and sunny day."

Wild laughed and shook her head when she heard of Serendipity or Adela. "No, my village is not in Serendipity or Adela," she replied. "Not even in Connlaoth. I think it must be another civilisation, a bit further away. When I fled the ruins of my village I traveled for a very long time. Then I was found by humans and sold to a rundown orphanage at Zantaric. The Master there was a bad man, so I escaped, and now I try to find my way home again."

She smiled ad sat down next to Vivianne on the offered place.

Scythe-Nova

-"So today is a bit hard on you?"

Vivianne asked and looked towards the foliage above where the sunlight sifted through the leaves, She then looked back and observed Wild's black eyes with slight curiousity.

-"Sounds like you have had a tough life Wild"

Viviane said and looked away again but now at seemingly nothing in particular, Vivianne was actually watching the wind that emitted from Wild and found it one of the more pleasant winds she had seen.

-"Your wind is pleasant"

Wild

Wild nodded when Vivianne asked if today was a bit hard on her. "Yes, perhaps a little," she admitted. "It helps when I sit in the shadows instead of rushing around in the blazing sun though."

She smiled when Vivianne commented on her tough life. "Well, my life started well enough," she smiled. "I was the daughter of the Chieftain of Mir and his wife, a shaman healer. They were kind and loving. I had two brothers, a big brother who I admired and tried to copy at every turn, and a baby brother whose adorable little face lit up in a big, toothless smile every time I looked at him."

Her face got a pained expression when she remembered the attack on her village, the very same attack that took away all her family in one crushing blow and her life crumbled to ashes. "But the life I lived since has been rough, it is true..." she admitted. "I am among the lucky ones though. I am still alive. Not all the orphans of the orphanage was that lucky..."

Her smile returned to her face when Vivianne commented on her wind. "Thank you," she smiled. "My grandfather Oakenshield used to call me Little Hurricane when I was a child. I used to be a danger to all breakable household items that stood in my path."

Scythe-Nova

Vivanne Nodded slightly when Wild explained some of her past but she did not change her expression and simply kept on looking at Wild, Vivianne was a little jealous though because she did not have any memories of her childhood bad or good and she kinda wanted to know her own past.

-"Being the one to survive is not allways lucky though"

She said as if she was simply stating a fact and it was true really, the ones to survive had to deal with the aftermath of whatever they experienced and sometimes that was worse than dying. At least thats something Vivianne could remember someone telling her when she woke up as one of the earliest memories that Vivianne had.

-".. Yes your wind is.. Impulsive?"

She said struggling with the words as if she was not sure that it was the right one to describe the feeling that Vivianne got from Wild's wind.