Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the Burning Heart (SliverLuna)

Started by Saber-Five, January 04, 2016, 10:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Meeta Nefertari uttered sigh in pleasure, as she used drank water from a large pond at night, holding a small portion in her hand. She wore a tan hooded cloak and had two duel curved swords sheathed in the back. Then there was a riding camel behind her, resting next to some palm trees along with a small campfire, while she choose to sit down near the water and just relax.

It's good to get out of the golden city for a change. Meeta thought to herself. She had spent a lot of time there, fighting in the pits or doing some odd jobs. Beside that she found a lover in the form of a bounty hunter, named Nezhir. The relationship so far wasn't really out of some fanasty romance story but of a beneficial attraction between them.

Even with all of that freedom and benefits she needed time to herself and choose to go vist the desert for a week. She was on her third night and was enjoying it, though already she was starting to feel a bit bored.

"Still another challenge wouldn't hurt." She mutter and went to her sleeping roll close to the campfire and closed her eyes and laid to take a nap. Yet little did the former slave realized that she earned the attention of the supernatural.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for...

SilmeriaElemred

''Excuse me...''

From the darkness of the night a young girl no older then ten emerged. The light of the fire lighting up a part of her face and hair. The hood from her cape however prevented Meeta from seeing it all but in first glance it seemed like a cute girl wearing black open shoes and white socks. Her dress was very frilly made of black and white fabric and ribbons. Her hair was in two sideway tails. It almost made her look like a doll. One thing was certain. With her age and attire she certainly did not belong here.

''I am lost. Can I join you?''

Saber-Five

With instinct born from years of training, Meeta dove upward with blades at the ready upon hearing the new voice. She spotted the strange looking girl and was rather stunned. Meeta never seen a child like this, even among foreign-born slaves and certainly that kind of doll dress not fit for the desert.

It raised some alarms, but the innocent appearance of this girl let her guard down slightly. Lowering her weapons to waist level, Meeta blew a sigh of relief before asking.

"Who are you child and what doing out here?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I came here with mommy and daddy and some others but got seperated. We... we were on a holiday and there was this cute little desert fox and chased it but when I wanted to show mommy everyone was gone.'' the girl started to sob. ''I tried looking for them but now it is dark and cold and am more lost then ever and then I saw the fire and met you. Please Miss, do not send me away?''

She dried her tears and gave Meeta this begging look in her eyes. ''I am sure that you will be rewarded one way or another..''

Saber-Five

If Meeta had paid to the story she would've questioned a lot more, but the begging expression of a little child proved too disarming. Compiled by compassion, Meeta nodded yes that she can stay. Sitting back down, she grabbed a load of bread from her sack and tossed it over to the girl for her to eat.

Meanwhile her camel acted rather frightful of the little stranger. Meeta chose to ignore it and focus on the matter at hand.

"What's your name again child?" Meeta asked kindly.

SilmeriaElemred

''Thank you mi-lady'' the girl said accepting the bread and took a bite out of it. It was almost unbelievable of how easy this was. People certainly had grown less intelligent regarding demons the past few hundred years.

''My name is Dominia Rayne Lilliana  from the house of Goldwing. But most people call me Nia.'' The little girl replied. Another lie on the pile but carrying the actual name Demonia was not exactly one to parade around with.

''What is your name?''

Saber-Five

"Meeta Nefertari" The ex-slave answered, as she chew down on another piece of bread. Thinking about it some more, Meeta added.

"Judging by your name and appearance, you're obviously not from Essryn, Dominia. I imagine your family is from the northern lands."

SilmeriaElemred

''We originate from Serendipity. Although from high houses though we are not exactly famous.'' Demonia replied. ''But that is alright. I like my family. There is my mommy, daddy, and elder brother and sister. I am sure they are worried about me but it is to dark to look now. I am really glad I found you miss Meeta.''

She took a few more bites of the bread before bringing what was left back to Meeta.

''Can I ask where you are from?''

Saber-Five

Taking back the bread, Meeta repiled.

"I'm born and raised here in Essryn. For better or worse, it's home."

Then smelling something wried Meeta looked with one eye at the half-eaten bread. The smell wasn't there from the beginning and the bite marks weren't like a child's would! Finally the camel couldn't take it anymore, the beast grunted out in horror and jumped up. It broke loose from its rope tiding him to a tree and fled in full haste into the desert.

Surprised, Meeta got up and but it was too late. It was clear to her that her ride had fled from the "girl". Slowly, she reached one of her blades, as she spoke once more this time more cautiously.

"What are you really?"

SilmeriaElemred

Demonia sighed. ''Animals... always ruining my parties...'' she said. Despite still having a child like voice it had grown sinister. ''I confess. I am not really a six year old girl.. nor am I Dominia. It is Demonia actually... but close enough.'' She got on her feet and straightened her dress.

''This is not the most easy of my forms to maintain. I should mind the teethmarks next time.''

''Oh no need to worry sugar. Those weapons will do you little good. I am not here to kill you, I am here to play. Demons like to play believe it or not.'' she took a simple leap backwards to be out of the range of Meeta's weapons. ''And you are officially my new toy. Entertain me long enough however and I shall grant you a wish or desire. It can be almost anything. My own death is not included along with a variety of other things but we get to that at some point. Now...'' she lowered her hood revealing a dark sparkle in her eyes.

''I wonder how fast you can run... Lunos... Bratja...'' the sound of barking came from beside the little girl and a wicked smile formed on her lips. ''Easy my little hellhound pets...'' she patted the invisable creatures whose pawprints got visable in the sand as they moved.

''So Meeta tell me. How far, do you think you can run from my adorable little hellhounds?''

Saber-Five

Needless all of this was beyond belief. An actual demon, is right here! Her bones chilled at the very thought, but she steady and breathe softy and restrainted her fear. Meeta gotten into a defenvise stance with both swords.

"I'm not running demon!"

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahw come on...'' Demonia said and pouted. ''If you did not had a single kind of near unattainable or complete unattainable desire I would not be here. Work for it. Or do you need a bit more motivation.''

She patted the hounds again whom lost their cloak of invisability. Revealing two large hounds with a dirty grey fur and red eyes. Both hounds even seemed wounded and parts of their leg bones and ribcage were clearly visable. One having a large scar and white eye. Their maws were full of sharp teeth and their barks echoed in the night.

''You may not run but you will get tossed around instead. No need to worry for dying though. I will not let you. One hint though, do what I want and you will suffer way, way less.''

''Three... two... one... go!'' she called and giggled. The hounds making their way to Meeta.

Saber-Five

The sight of the hounds was horrifying. Still Meeta refused to fear take complete control of her. Though the little demon's words did catch her attention.

I will run and fight at the same time Was her thought. Yet the hellish hounds were no doubt fast and the fact there was no nowhere to run in the middle of the desert which is hard to flee by foot. When the supernatural beasts did charged, Meeta did run the other way.

SilmeriaElemred

''Yay!'' Demonia cheered and clapped like a little girl. The hounds were large but not nessesarily fast. Many other creatures could certainly outrun them. To bad for Meeta though that humans were not one of those creatures.

One of the hounds got close enough to actually almost bite in one of Meeta's arms while the other aproached her from the side.

The hounds were not the only things running however, Demonia without any trouble despite her size ran or more like jogged a few feet in front of Meeta, facing her.

''Come on. Impress me. You were taught to fight right? Defeat those hellhounds. I am sure you have it in you. You better or I will lose my own bet. Come on dear.'' As she ran backwards her form had started to change. Aging rapidly until she was a young woman with scarlet red glowing eyes.

Saber-Five

Truly this is a demon. Meeta thought before turning around and slashing her duel swords at the hound behind her, aiming for its face and limbs. When the other one charged at the side, she pounced at it and landed her feets at the head then used the leverage to flip backward a few feet away from the hounds.

Landing back to the sands, she got in a defensive stance, proceeded to fight and dodge off the hounds' renewed assaults as she can manage. As she did so, Meeta spared a momentary glance toward Demonia with resentment before focusing back on staying alive. This fiend allowed her pets do all the work while she can stand back and enjoy the show.

I wish can take her on with my own bare hands!

SilmeriaElemred

The dog got hit at it's throat and front paws releasing a painful cry before resuming to growl and bark. The other attempted to snap Meeta's feet but she was passed his head already. At the least Demonia seemed amused.

Without another command though the two dogs ran towards her. One ready to bite while the other attempted to slam it's paw at Meeta to knock her off her feet.

Saber-Five

Meeta dodged the both attacks, going to the right flank and using both blades to strike downward for the neck of the first best. The hound's head fell off while its sibling lunged for her in retaliation. She rolled foward to avoid being pinned but not before slashing at the exposed belly. It only stunned the remaining beast, collapsing sideways. Meeta though took advantage of that small amount of time to finish this creature.

Forming the swords together into an X shape over the neck, the Essnryi half-breed made the slice, dismembering the head of her four legged foe. Catching a short breath, Meeta looked back toward Demonia, still grasping the weapons, she wielded.

SilmeriaElemred

Demonia did not seem upset in the slightest that her two pet hellhounds were defeated. ''Well done well done that was magnificent! If I were you though I would tear their hearts out and crash them before they retaliate. With their heads off it might take a while but you would not leave things like that being able to revive now would you'' she said as she clapped. ''Do mind, they have two hearts each. Show me little girl. Your power.'' sge licked her lips.

One paw from one of the creatures started to twitch while from both beasts the blood tainted the sand coloring it black.

Demonia opened her mouth and reached into it with one of her hands. Drawing out a black rapier. ''After that I am all yours. Promise.''

Saber-Five

Huffing in continued rage, Meeta did as the demonic woman suggested. One by one, Meeta cut up the hounds' guts and smashed all of their four hearts. Disgusted, Meeta spoke up with eyes back to Demonia.

"I have my own challenge for you. Fight me, in hand to hand combat, no powers, no tricks, and no pets."

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahw and I just took the effort pulling this thing out. Oh well. Shadow blades are no fun anyway.'' Demonia replied and tossed the sword aside causing it to vanish in smoke.

''And not to worry my dear, I only brought those two hounds along. Your demands are no powers, no tricks and no pets. I agree. IF you agree that neither of us kills the other. I had no intention of doing so in the first place. I'm a demon but not heartless. I am not the type to leave someone who does not deserve it in the desert to rot.''

Demonia revealed her empty hands. ''I can strip myself of my clothes if you wish for me to prove I have no weapons on me.''