Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hand We're Dealt [Lion] [M]

Started by DragonSong, January 13, 2016, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She was looking around, enchanted by the river in the evening. It really was quite striking. Then she glanced up at him, arching an eyebrow.

"That's awfully personal," she noted casually. Silence for a moment, then Yvaine said softly, "I'd like to travel. I want to see more of the world- even more of Connlaoth, if I could."

It wasn't her only deepest desire, but it was a start.

Lion

He looked down at her, expression sobered and thoughtful.  He didn't know what his intentions were exactly with this young woman.  He felt her to be remarkable and striking; he would see where went for now.

"That's my specialty, getting personal," he chuckled.  "But I'd like to know more about you that's all."  A smile spread across his lips.  "You know, Connlaoth is as beautiful as they say it is.  I know you live here, but you'd be amazed at how much the world opens up to you when you open up to it."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

A small, wistful smile curved her lips and she looked up at him. "And what about you, then?" she asked quietly. "What are your deepest desires, Maxxen?"

She tilted her head, arching an eyebrow. "It seems only fair you answer the question in return."

Lion

Maxxen chuckled at the turning of tables.  "All right.  Fair enough," he murmured, grinning.  "My deepest desires?  I've always dreaming of owning a castle in the mountainside, and being the mysterious cloaked figure that you hear about in dark fairy tales."  He chuckled.  "I know it sounds silly.  But that's the truth."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"Really?" Yvaine's eyes widened and she giggled. "Oh- I'm sorry. It's not silly, truly." Another giggle that she tried to hide behind a hand, eyes sparkling, and she admitted, "Well...it's a little silly. But somehow in an entirely charming way."

Lion

Maxxen laughed too.  "Oh, well, at least you have the guts to laugh at me to my face," he said with a pleased grin.  "I don't mind.  It was a boyhood fantasy brought on by reading too many novels of tragic villains and the shining heroes that slew them."

He reached up and poked her cheek.  "What about your silly dreams?  I'm sure you've got a few."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She crinkled her nose up at him at the poke. "I suppose I do," she admitted, eyes losing some of their sharp focus as she thought. "Hmm... I rather wanted to be a warrior princess when I was a child." Her eyes flicked up to him and she smiled crookedly. "Like you, I probably read too many books."

Lion

"That sounds a lot less silly than mine," he said honestly.  "I find it kind of romantic.  You riding along a field on a shining steed, banner on you shoulder, fluttering in a fierce breeze.  A sentiment not often shared by Connlaothian men, let me tell you.  It's much better than mine."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Oh I don't know about that," Yvaine chuckled quietly. "I think I rather like your boyhood dream. Most boys would want to be the shining hero, but you wanted to be the mysterious, cloaked figure. It's intriguing." She glanced up at him, eyes glinting, and added, "I've always found traditional heroes to be rather dull, anyway. Villains are more...compelling."

Lion

Maxxen adjusted her hand in the crook of his arm.  "Is that so?" he murmured.  "That's an interesting idea.  One, I've shared myself in more ways than one.  People don't normally think of them as anything that would require understanding.  But I think people miss out on a great deal of the story without examining more than one side."  He gave a shy smirk. 

"But all this talk of stories is making me nostalgic."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She smiled in return, meeting his eyes for a longer moment than was probably strictly necessary. "Yes, I agree." She dropped her gaze and looked away.

Yvaine glanced to the river and noted aloud, "You were right, it really is magnificent at night."

Lion

"The wonders we learn when we least expect them, and hopefully learn to appreciate them for a lifetime," he said with a grin.  Maxxen walked along with her for a time, observing the water and the glowing algae beneath them, igniting the water as they walked along.

"It's been some time since I've been here.  Let me tell you, the card games held here along the riverbank are serious business.  Even more so than the spectacle you saw in that backroom," he said with a smirk.  "There's a certain thrill to it, but I've kept my distance for a while."  He looked at her from the side.  "Is it very bold of me to ask if I could kiss you?"  He would have just taken it, but spooking her so close to the water didn't seem like a good idea.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Yvaine, opening her mouth to question him further about these riverside card games, found her voice emerging in a rather undignified and surprised little squeak.

Flushing, she cleared her throat and let her eyes search his face. That really wouldn't be proper, but...

"I suppose you can," she murmured after a moment, trying to sound nonchalant but feeling a little thrill go through her as she gave him permission.

Lion

Maxxen approached her without hesitation and leaned down to meet his lips to hers.  There was a slow burn to it, his arms slipping around her waist to hold her close.  With a tilt of his head he deepened it, pressing in close enough to coax her lips open.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

While Yvaine had been kissed before, she'd never been kissed like this. A light peck goodnight from a suitor was nothing like this.

Her eyes widened and she was still for a moment, unsure how to react. Then she let her arms slip up to wrap loosely around his neck and leaned into the touch, hesitating only a moment before parting her lips under his as her eyes fluttered closed.

Lion

Maxxen leaned deeper into her, slipping an arm around her waist and drinking her lips deeply.  The roughness of his well-trimmed beard likely pressed against her face, and he broke the kiss only to get a deep breath of air before turning the other way and going in once again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Yvaine gasped softly when they broke apart, then made a small noise of surprise when his lips found hers again. She didn't try to pull away though, despite the voice in the back of her mind telling her that she probably should.

She was almost intoxicated with the touch. Hesitantly, she leaned up onto her toes and tilted her head slightly to deepen the kiss.

Lion

He broke it once more to chuckle, smiling at her with his arm still around her waist.  "How was that?" he uttered.  "Too much?  We can tone it down a notch.  Or up it, whichever you prefer."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She found herself rather speechless for a moment, just staring at him with wide eyes. Then a small smile curved her lips.

Well, she'd come this far, hadn't she?

"No," Yvaine murmured. "No, that was- perfect." Impulsively, she leaned up to kiss him again with a little more confidence.

Lion

Maxxen was surprised by the deed on her own volition and when his lips met hers, he responded in kind, taking her lips with a hunger he hadn't felt in a long time.  Kissing here by the docklands in Reajh.  It was almost storybook.

When he pulled away, there was something different in his demeanor and he looked at Yvaine with a solemn expression, half-lidded eyes.  "My, my, you kiss a man on first meeting?  How...scandalous," he murmured with a glimpse of a smile, leaning in to bring his lips to her neck, feeling the quickening pulse along her throat.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn