Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hand We're Dealt [Lion] [M]

Started by DragonSong, January 13, 2016, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She arched an eyebrow, lips twitching up on one side. "Perhaps. But I really see no harm in just a kiss..."

Yvaine's voice trailed off and he might feel her pulse stutter as his lips touched her neck. She held her breath, some combination of wariness and excitement taking up residence in her chest.

Lion

Maxxen did feel it, and clutched her to him.  The contact, although brief excited him.  "You're positively electric."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

She shivered slightly. "Am I?" Yvaine whispered, her hands pressing lightly against his back to hold him against her in an almost unconscious gesture.

"I suppose you should be careful then. Wouldn't want you to shock yourself."

Lion

"If I did, I'm sure it'd be a delightful sort of sting," Maxxen Lear purred against her neck.  His touch was thorough and exploratative as he drank of her flesh.  He turned his mouth back to hers, kissing her a little roughly, deeply and wholly, his hands shrinking down to feel along the edges of her skirts.

"If you still want to go back to the party," he murmured, nibbling on her lower lip, "We can."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Yvaine gasped quietly as his lips returned to hers. God, she'd never realized a kiss could be like this, so all-consuming, making her entire body feel as though it was lighting up from the inside.

She knew how she should respond: thank him for the evening and ask to be taken back, find her parents, and return home. Perhaps ask for him to call at their home so she could see him in a more appropriate setting.

But she didn't.

"No." Yvaine shook her head and murmured, "It was painfully dull anyway. Besides..." Her lips twitched up slightly on one side. "Why should I return when I seemed to have found the best dance partner already?"

A sudden flash of bravery had her tilting her head into another kiss and ever so carefully allowing her lips to part against his, just barely drawing her tongue against the line of his bottom lip.

Lion

"Shall we make this more interesting then?" Maxxen growled playfully.  His breath hitched, feeling her tongue against his flesh.  Even a touch as slight as that had his heart racing in his ears and he pulled away only long enough to catch his breath.

Too bad it was all ready taken by her.

"My hotel isn't far from here, just deeper into the city.  If you want to that is.  These docks are hardly fitting for are more...intimate setting."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

A hotel. With him. Alone.

Oh, that was such a bad idea.

"...Yes," Yvaune murmured despite all her better judgement screaming at her not to. She'd listened to better judgement all her life, and what had it gotten her? Barely two hours with this man was the most alive she'd ever felt, it was addicting.

"Yes, I think that's a splendid idea, Maxx."

Lion

He was tempted to ask her again, as if even he couldn't believe a woman such as she had said yes.  But he refrained from doing so.  Better not to question his fortune while it was present.  He pulled away, and looped his arm around her, leading them back to the carriage.

"We'll have a good time.  I promise, and if we don't have a good time, then I'll owe you whatever you wish."  He smiled charmingly at her helped her back inside.  He gave the driver directions and they were head back toward the heart of Reajh.

Sitting beside her, he threaded his hands into hers, letting his index finger run idly along her knuckles.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Yvaine smiled at him with a rather calculating if still somehow playful glint to her eyes. "Don't think I won't hold you to that," she chuckled as she settled into the carriage seat.

She glanced at their joined hands wordlessly for a few moments. Then she cautiously turned her wrist to better observe his.

"You are noble then. Or at least highborn," she murmured almost distractedly. She really didn't know anything about the man's past, who he was- and somehow the knowledge that she had to discover for herself was thrilling in a way it shouldn't be. "I had wondered- but your hands are too fine to be anything else."

Lion

"Have you been feeling in the right places?  Look, they're rougher than you might think," Maxxen said thoughtfully and turned his palm over to reveal the calluses acquired from his knighthood, where his fists might have collided with the skull of another, here a curious small scar ran vertically on the inside of his thumb.

"I....was not a soldier, but I've given my time to my knighthood years ago.  Those scars don't really go away.  And please, you don't have to address me as Sir.  I'd much rather go without it," he chuckled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Hmm..." Yvaine let her fingers run lightly over the marks he pointed out, learning. "A knight," she mused aloud. She glanced up at him, eyes flicking over his face. "What made you leave the service?"

It seemed fairly obvious to her that knighthood was not exactly his current occupation.

Lion

Maxxen pursed his lips.

"Just got tired of it I guess.  I like my freedom," he replied.  "It wasn't the life I envisioned myself growing old in."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She smiled an tilted her head to the side just a bit. "Not your mountain castle, huh?" she murmured softly.

Yvaine's eyes flicked over her face, almost studying his features and expression.

Lion

"What about you? How do you see yourself growing old?" he asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

That took a bit of the playfulness out of her. She glanced away, biting at her lower lip.

"Honestly? Running some household, forever embroiled in silly court gossip, and most likely married to a man I don't love, but can hopefully get along with."

She fell silent for a moment, then turned an easy smile on him. "Forgive me. That was rather dreary, I suppose."

Lion

"No, don't be silly.  It was an honest answer.  And that's all anyone can ask for," Maxxen replied.  He sat up and leaned in to kiss her.  "I don't know what my future holds.  It's just as likely tomorrow I could be lying in a dead in a ditch because someone thought I cheated at cards."

"That's why I try to live each day to the fullest.  We can't live forever."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Mm." Yvaine kissed him back gently, and her smile softened into something much more genuine.

She shook he head at him with a very quiet chuckle, despite the way his words made a little apprehensive shiver run down her spine. "Well, you won't be dead tomorrow. I'm a tough girl, I'll protect you."

She suddenly flushed, partially unable to believe she'd actually just said that and genuinely surprised by her own implication- that she would be with him through the night.

Lion

He chuckled, genuinely amused.  "Oh thank God I found you then," he murmured and kissed her more deeply.  He cupped her cheek.

"I guess I ought to be honest, finding me in that backroom was a rather fortunate mistake.  You're so much better company than the swine that call themselves gentlemen in there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She leaned into the contact, lashes fluttering against her cheeks.

"Then I guess I'm just as lucky you found me as the other way around," she said softly. "I seem to have stumbled across the only decent company at that party."

Without realizing it, she had shifted a little closer to him and her hand moved up to lightly stroke his upper arm as she leaned in for another quick kiss. She'd never realized such a touch could be so addicting.

Lion

Something in her touch made him twitch.  His heart skipped a beat and found himself leaning deeper against her.  What was happening?  Maxxen nevet let passion get away with him, but kissing her, even lightly like this made him want to take his time.

His lips worked sensually against hers, kissing her with a deepened tilt of his head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn