Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon-slavers aint got long life expectancies (pm to join )

Started by Smaugthesilver, January 17, 2016, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaugthesilver

The minutes flew by as Laeli unlocked cage after cage. Eventually,  her dozen dragons were free. She made for the meeting point. Time to see how the big guy had got on.

DragonSong

It was actually simpler than he'd expected to to free the dragons. He was quite frankly amazed that the guards seemed so unobservant, but he wasn't about to jinx his luck. He crept back to where he'd left the girl, still wary but at least now moving with a purpose.

Smaugthesilver

Laeli saw the silhouette of the boy as she approached the meeting point. Well, he had made it.
"Great work! But now we defiantly need to get out of here" as soon as she'd finished sheaking, Laeli whisltled a high, wavering note.

DragonSong

He snorted. "You're telling me." When she whistled, his eyes widened a bit. "What are you doing? You trying to get us caught?"

Smaugthesilver

As Gwaine spoke, a dragon emerged from some nearby bushes and stood by Laeli's side.
"Runt, this is Gwaine. Gwaine, this is runt
"

DragonSong

Oh. Well, he supposed that made more sense then.

He nodded to the dragon, murmuring a quick hello, then adding, "Don't want to be rude, but can we go? Now?"

Smaugthesilver

Laeli simply nods a reply. She gathers the dragons into a lump and quietly signals them to follow her. After throwing a few smiling words at runt, she mounts him and gestures for Gwaine to do the same.

DragonSong

Gwaine scrambled up behind her, muttering a quick thanks to the dragon and wincing as long-bound limbs protested the sudden movement. Though Adelan, he'd never actually ridden dragonback before and found he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself.

But he didn't want to delay them, so he grabbed one of the creature's spines and held on.

Smaugthesilver

With a simple beat of runts winhs they're airborne. The cluster of dragons behind them strqggle out into a haphazard line.

DragonSong

Gwaine swayed, then steadied himself. "Where are we going?" he asked the girl.

Smaugthesilver

Laeli doesn't answer for a minute. Then, with a sigh she answers quietly.
"Far, far away from here. We'll probably get a few good hours of flight before the light forces us to land."

DragonSong

"What direction then?" Gwaine asked. "I need to get home."

It hit him then that if he couldn't remember what had happened to him- the last thing he could dredge up was walking out of the back door of their forge- then he didn't know what had happened to his home. The thought turned his stomach and he blanched.

Smaugthesilver

"Are you okay?" there is genuine concern in Laeli's tone as she turns round to quizzically appraise him and she finds herself unknowingly emiting soothing,  calming rays. "To answer your question,  we're heading due north to dragoni forest

DragonSong

"I need to..." He shook his head. "Look, I need to get to Ketra. If you just drop me off on the outskirts of town."

He looked down at the dragon's back. "It's not like I'm not grateful for your help, but I need to go home."

Smaugthesilver

Laeli's head turned sharply around as her eyes met his.
"You live in Ketra?!" she exclaimed,  her eyebrows raised in shock.

DragonSong

He blinked, surprised by her apparent surprise. "Um, yeah. Why?"

Smaugthesilver

"Where in ketra do you live?! Tell me!" Laeli says urgently, shaking him by the shoulders with surprising force,  a paniced gleam in her eyes and a small undertone of tenseness in her actions.

DragonSong

"What-?!" He yelped, gripping tighter to the dragon's spikes and trying to loosen her grip on his shoulders. "N-near the city square, our house is attached to the forge- what the hell? Why does it matter?"

Smaugthesilver

"No. It's... It's nothing. Nothing." Laeli turns away from him and is silent.

DragonSong

"Uh...okay." He stared at her, entirely nonplussed. "Then...can you take me home?"