Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes well I-"s he went on, hastily, defensively. "I was just making sure I was going the right way. With these tall buildings," She went on, shielding her eyes from the sun as she looked up. "It's just a little difficult, that's all." But then she quickly added, "I'll manage. You can go about your day."
But secretly she was hoping he'd... help. Even if she would never, ever, ever ask for it. Just a finger point, was all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin glanced up at a cry from Smoke, then looked back to the girl. "If you tell me which direction you're heading, I could probably point it out for you," he offered slowly. Nodding in the falcon's direction, he added, "Or he could guide you out. It's pretty easy to follow a peregrin, even with all the tall buildings."

He tilted his head, giving her a shrewd look. Now that she was out of her chains, all huddled up, and not looking quite like she was about to tear his head off... He frowned. "When was the last time you ate something?"

visualspice

She made a face.
"Not too long ago? Why?"
But even through her bold face lie, her stomach growled loudly. She placed a hand over it, baring her teeth. "I just want out of the city."
But eating something.. would be nice!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin sighed, straightening up and offering her a hand. "Here, why don't you let me get you something before I send you on your way?"

Martha wouldn't mind a couple pence extra on her errand run, right?

visualspice

Vels shuffled uncomfortable, staring at him up and down before asking, "Why?"

DragonSong

He ran his other hand through his hair, letting out a sharp huff of air. "Because I'm not in the habit of leaving people to starve to death." His brow furrowed a bit. "Look, you want some food or not?"

visualspice

She hesitated before looking away, huffing a, "I suppose if you're offering." But then she turned sharply to narrow her gaze on him. "Why are you being so nice to me? And if you keep saying you're sorry for me.." She went on, an accusing finger pointed his way before she sighed and just let it drop. "Never mind. Just... here, there's cheap dumplings back at the market. You just have to get me one and I'll owe you the two pence."

DragonSong

Gavin opened his mouth to ask how she expected to pay him back- then he snapped it closed again, shrugging. "Alright, whatever you say." He gestured back to the makeshift market. "Lead the way then."

visualspice

She was perhaps in too much of a hurry whens he lead Gavin back to the dumpling woman, who glared at her then back at the man. she wasn't sure she wanted to waste her breath to shoo the girl away, just incase the better dressed man beside her was going to be a patron.

"So.. how does this work? Do I eat it firs then you pay or do you get it and pay or do you pay and then I get it or..."

Obviously, she had no real skills in the market place at all. The woman, annoyed, tapped her cane before her.

"You got a pence or two on ya do you? First the money, then I'll give away the food. That's how it works, girl."

DragonSong

Gavin stepped closer. "Excuse my...uh, niece." He gave the rather grouchy woman a quick smile, fishing the money out of his coin purse and handing it over. "She's from out of town. Two, please, madam."

visualspice

Vels gave him a look, and would have hit him were they not in strange company. But when the dumplings were produced,s he felt her anger falter.

DragonSong

Gavin smiled and thanked the woman, then turned to duck out of the crowd of people around her stall. "Here." He handed the dumplings to the girl. "Take a minute and eat those, then let's see about getting you home."

visualspice

She wasted no time in half eating one by shoving it into her mouth- which she promptly began to choke on by his words.
"What?" she forced herself to swallow down the half chewed dumpling. "I told you I'm fine finding my way myself! Just.. just point me in the direction to get out of this place!" ANd angrily, she worked on chewing the rest of the first dumpling.

DragonSong

"Fine, fine, whatever you say." He couldn't help the small, smug smile that crept across his face as he watched her. "Not too long ago my ass," he mumbled, shaking his head. She looked as though she hadn't had a proper meal in days. Weeks maybe.

Smoke came gliding down with a soft caw, taking up his customary position on Gavin's shoulder and cocking his head, eyeing the girl.

visualspice

Vels just glared, but gobbled down the rest of her dumplings, wasting no juice in the process and licking her fingers cleaned. She even didn't seem to care they were piping hot. Though her belly burned, she moaned with approval. After a moment, she looked over at Gavin who seemed to be staring at her, and her glare narrowed.

"What?" She brushed loose strands of hair from her face. "I thought we were going to get out of this city now."

DragonSong

He gave her a mock salute. "Yes, ma'am." Arching one eyebrow, he added, "You've got to tell me where you want to go, though. Otherwise I can't give you very good directions."

visualspice

Vels just glare and walked away, saying nothing for a moment before huffing, "Just OUT of this place!"

DragonSong

Gavin rolled his eyes. "Alright then. You're going the wrong way." He tapped her shoulder and jerked his head to the side. "C'mon, I can take you as far as the edge of town." Smoke cawed encouragingly, flexing his talons and making Gavin wince.

visualspice

With a huff, she about faced and grumbled as she strolled next to him.
"You could have told me that."

DragonSong

"You didn't really give me a chance, kid," Gavin said mildly, rubbing the back of his neck and flashing her a crooked smile.

Smoke clucked and he said. "Oh, right. Not "kid"." He quirked an eyebrow at her. "Ya know, if you told me your name I wouldn't make mistakes like that."