Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The man pursed his lips nad thought before snatching up the coin. He felt it's weight,t hen looked at Gavin. "ANd your employer is?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Master Jacobson," he replied quickly, hoping that naming the prominent merchant might help his credibility. And that, at least, wasn't a lie. "I was just heading back to the estate, actually. If you'll come with me..."

visualspice

Vels looked angrily from captor to new buyer before she was tugged along and he said, "Very well. Lead the way, boy."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Though a little irked at being called "boy", Gavin didn't want to push his luck. He began weaving his way back through the streets to the rather large house he'd only just been guided to himself that morning.

"Perhaps...you should wait here," he offered carefully as he raised his hand to knock. It might be easier to convince his employer not to toss him out on his ass without the rather unsavory character breathing down his neck.

visualspice

THe man kept a firm grip on his money, and the other on Vels. Both seemed to be glaring daggers at Gavin.

"Alright, but the slave stays here. You have five minutes. I'm a busy man."

DragonSong

"Yes. Right." Gavin nodded and knocked.

Almost instantly, a pleasantly plump woman answered the door. "Yes? Oh, Mister Hawke. Finished in the markets, then?"

"Um, yes." He cleared his throat and stepped inside, giving her a quick smile and gently guiding her back so they were out of earshot. "Look, ah- Martha." That was her name, right? He thought so, but they'd only been introduced that morning. "It seems I've created a bit of a situation..."

He explained as best he could, Smoke clucking and shifting on his shoulder, keeping an eye on the slaver and the girl.

"So, if you think I could convince Master Jacobson to give me an advance-"

The housekeeper held up her hand. Marching to the door, she gave the two strangers a quick once over. Gavin trailed behind her, clasping his hands behind his back nervously. "I've afraid the master of the house is out at the moment," she said primly. "However, if you'll wait here for a few minutes, I will see to it you are paid in full."

Gavin's jaw almost dropped as she spun around again, muttering out of the corner of her mouth, "You owe me for this, falconer."

visualspice

Vels appeared nearly as meanspirited as the man that held her, but once the woman returned and said the money would be brought soon, Vels felt herself panic. She had never been a slave before, nor purchased as one, and was not about to become one now- so when the group seemed occupied, Vels suddenly smashed her foot ontop of her captors, who howled out in rage. Though as she attempted to pull away in hopes to escape, she gasped when she felt the chains tighten as she was drawn even closer to the wretched slaver.

And soon he had a handful of her hair.

"Let go of me!" she wailed, but the slaver was unyielding as he gave her a shake.

"You'd do well to keep that trap of your shut!" the man spat under his breath. "And that temper too, if you know what's good for ya. You've just been sold.. so soon you'll be another man's problem." And as she was stretched out, arms reaching in hopes to pry her captor's off her hair, she found herself suddenly looking over at Gavin-
and glaring, and glaring greatly.

DragonSong

"Hey, get off her!" Without thinking, Gavin started forward and grabbed the man's arm, trying to yank him off the girl.

"Some businessman you are," he growled, eyes flaring. "Don't you know better than to damage the goods you're trying to sell?"

He caught the girl's glare, and honestly it was a little nerve wracking. This little spitfire was his responsibility now. But, one problem at a time.

visualspice

Too bad it couldn't just be one problem at a time. Vels wasn't about to let any of this happen, and when her captor's grip became harder as Gavin grippe donto him, she wasted no time in smashing her elbow into the man's gut, then moved forward like a snake, and bit Gavin clean on the arm.

She would be no one's slave today!

DragonSong

Yelping, Gavin jumped backward, trying to pull the man off the girl and the girl off him all at the same time. Smoke took off with a sharp cry, circling over their heads.

"What on earth-?!"

Martha had returned, a small coin purse clutched in her hand. She stared at the scene, eyes wide and mouth agape.

visualspice

It was then Vels was eventually shaken off, but it only freed her to attempt a hard kick to either men's groin, and continued to pull and writhe against her chains.

"I'M NO SLAVE! LET ME GO!"

DragonSong

"Where did you find this girl?" Martha demanded of the slaver, holding the coins tantalizingly out of reach.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Gavin lunged forward and did his best to pin the girl's arms to her side. "I'm not gonna hurt you," he grunted quietly, keeping his voice low enough that only she could hear. "Just calm down long enough for us to send this jackass on his way, and you're home free. Got it?"

He really, really hoped she was in a listening mood. But he doubted it.

visualspice

With a yelp, she struggled.
"Let go of me! LET GO OF ME NOW!" And without warning, she threw her head forward, hoping to butt his head with hers and gain at least a little bit of wiggle room to escape.

The man who originally captured her cringed but moved swiftly to Martha.
"The coin, please. Her origin is of little concern. The streets are littered with rats."

DragonSong

Her head connected with his nose and he swore, seeing stars. Martha shoved the money at the slaver and politely told him to get lost.

She turned to look at Gavin and the girl, raising her eyebrows. "Well this is a fine mess you've gotten yourself into."

visualspice

And Vels wasted not a second as she sprung to her feet and lunged away and was off running- that was, until the chain snagged around Gavin's leg.

DragonSong

"Oof!" He went down, hard. And trying to get back to his feet only succeeded in further entangling his legs.

"Oi, kid! If you'd hold still for one godsdamned minute, I could get these off you," he grumbled, trying to get the chains off his legs.

visualspice

Mistaking his reaching for his own legs was him attempting to reach for her own, she gave a cry and began to kick her boots at his face.

"YOU WILL DO NOTHING TO ME YOU MONSTER!" she shrieked, and by now it seemed a few nearby folk were beginning to look in their direction.

DragonSong

"Would you CALM DOWN!" Gavin shouted in return.

Before he could say anything else though, the housekeeper marched forward and wrapped her arms around the girls middle, hauling her inside. She was surprisingly strong.

The falconer stumbled to his feet, doing his best to follow

visualspice

Vels squealed and struggled, hollering, "LET GO OF ME! I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE! LET ME GO! LET ME GOOOOOO!"

DragonSong

Martha put her down and slammed the door shut. "You." She pointed a finger at Gavin. "Deal with this." She turned on her heel and walked out of the foyer.

"Kid, hold still!" Gavin shouted, still trying to get the chains unwrapped from around his legs. "I don't want a slave! I DON'T WANT A SLAVE!"

It seemed shouting was her only form of communication.