Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She was furiously filing away when he spot and she stopped and looked at him. She then looked down at her wrists, then up at him.

"And you won't try anything else?" she asked warily, angrily.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"On my honor," he said, raising one hand and giving her a crooked smile. Sobering, he added, "Look, even if I did- that file could be a weapon, if you really put your mind to it. I've got nothing on me."

Not something he would have usually said, but he really didn't want her freaking out every time he got within a yard of her. If that made her feel safer, then okay.

visualspice

She stared at him, blinking a moment before pointing the file at him.
"Then hurry up with it. I don't want to spend another second in this this.. place!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Alright, alright." He knelt next to her, warily taking her hands in his and working at the knots. "It's called a house, by the way. Well, I guess manor would be more accurate." He gave her a curious look. "What sorta middle-of-nowhere place did that slaver snag you from, anyway?"

visualspice

Her glare hardened.
"Less talking, more untieing."

DragonSong

"Friendly thing, aren't ya," he commented dryly, pulling the last knot loose. "There, done. Now-"

Before he could say anything else, the sound of someone clearing his throat drew his attention to the doorway. His eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet. "Oh, uh. Mister Jacobson. Hello." He gave a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

His employer looked from him to the girl and back. "Martha said there was a...situation she thought you should explain to me," he said slowly, eyebrows creeping up.

visualspice

She snorted at such a comment, but when finally free of her ropes, she rubbed at her wrists. The skin would surely peel there. But she hardly had much time to think on it, when a new person entered and Vels took a step back defensively, her glare now focused on the new comer.

DragonSong

Silently willing the girl to behave herself- at least for a few minutes- Gavin did his best to explain what had happened.

"Course I'll work off the debt," he finished hurriedly. "I just-"

"What do you plan to do with her, then?" his employer cut across him, not necessarily angry, more curious. "If you bought her only to free her, where do you expect her to go?"

Gavin opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He actually hadn't thought that far ahead.

visualspice

Vels had had enough silence for the moment and was quick to cut in, "Back to my home!" Not that she'd let on she hadn't thought far enough on how to exactly get there....
But this place..
She didn't like it. THere were too many people.

DragonSong

The merchant turned his attention to the girl. "And where is that?" he asked evenly. "How do you plan to get there?"

visualspice

Offended, she looked this pompous man over.
"Why should I tell you? I can manage just fine on my own."

DragonSong

Gavin choked back a scoff and Jacobson just looked at her wryly. "Yes, I can see that," he said slowly, looking pointedly at the ropes and chains left abandoned.

visualspice

That ticked her off.
"I CAN! It's not my fault that I-" But she paused right there, swallowing her words.
"Don't tell me you have no intentions of letting me go!" And her words cut right into Gavin. "Did you just buy me to give to this man?"

DragonSong

Gavin raised his hands. Oh great, again with this. "I am letting you go," he barked at the same time his employer commented, "I usually don't own slaves, thank you anyway."

Letting out a sharp breath, the falconer tried to make her see reason. "Look, I don't know where you came from, but it won't be safe for you to try to get back there on your own. Mister Jacobson is just pointing out that I'm...responsible for you now."

Which he was currently thrilled about.

"I hope this will not interfere with your work, falconer," his employer said simply, giving him a warning look before turning on his heel and walking away.

Gavin let out a long breath. "Great. Just great."

visualspice

She was so pissed, but the second the other man left she shoved the file into his hand.

"Get these chains off me and get them off now! Once these are severed, I'll be out of your hair."

DragonSong

"Alright, princess, calm down." He knelt, eyeing her warily, and set about filing down the clasps around her ankles.

"How are you planning to get home?" he asked her after a moment, glancing up.

visualspice

She looked about ready to spit on him.
"Stop worrying about me. I'll be fine."

DragonSong

"Alright, alright." One of the cuffs fell to the floor with a clank and he moved to the other. "I just don't want to be buying your freedom again in two days and working myself further into debt."

visualspice

Offended, she snapped, "I'm not incapable! I was doing very fine on my own until I stumbled into that horrible man."

DragonSong

Gavin looked up at her, quirking an eyebrow. "I'm sure you were. But there's plenty more like him, and I'm thinking it was dumb luck that you didn't run into one before today."