Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Hanako's eyes widened, but she didn't really have time to react. She settled for slinking back to guard the others they'd freed, baring her teeth at the slavers.

Who seemed to be stuck in a state of shock at the death of their captain. But she didn't expect that to last long.

Medievarad

The state of shock indeed didn't last long. Ronin sheathed his sword and pressed both his hands together. Raising the index and middlefinger of his left hand, his right hand clenched shut. And with a dry huff. A spectral form of him appeared. Along with three blades of some sort of blue energy hivering behind his back.

With a loud shout, the slavers charged at him. Arrows shot at the blind warrior. But none found contact as Ronin and his shadow went to destroying every slaver that came at them. Not even recieving a scratch.

DragonSong

Well. He seemed to have things in hand. Slowly, Hanako began to let herself relax, easing out of her crouch and watching the battle intently, trying to see if there was a moment she could jump in and help.

There didn't seem to be. With how fast the blind warrior fought, she'd be just as likely to hit him as she would an enemy. Or he'd mistake her for an enemy, and after seeing him fight she had a strong feeling that was not something she wanted to happen.

"You said the girl was in the captain's quarters?" she asked abruptly, addressing the ex-slaves over her shoulder. One of them nodded. "Where?"

He pointed and she nodded in return, starting to edge her way around the dying battle to get to the door he'd indicated.

Medievarad

As the last foe fell before him, his ears twitched. Running. Perhaps someone to take Cassandra hostage and survive. He turned around towars Hanako's footsteps. One of the blue swords slamming down on the door infront of her. "What do you think you're doing, slaver?" The blade wrenched itself from the wood, floating infront.of Hanako.

DragonSong

The kitsune squeaked, eyes going wide. "I-it's me!" she stammered, backing away from the blade. "I mean- oh, my name's Hanako, by the way- it's just me. There aren't any slavers left."

She was babbling a bit, but damn if that attack hadn't surprised her!

Medievarad

Ronin let out a slow sigh as the blade dissipated, forming behind him once more. Yet the shadow dissappeared. And soon the blades followed suit. "Sorry Hanako. My name is Ronin." He said, before walking over to where he heard her voice. "Cassandra?" Was what he asked the Kitsune. Whether she had found the young girl or not.

DragonSong

"In here," she said, nodding at the door before realizing he wouldn't see that. "Oh, um...here." A little warily, she darted forward to take his hand and guide it to the doorknob, adding a belated, "Pleasure to meet you."

Medievarad

Ronin nodded slowly, pushing open the door, hand on his hilt. He walked in. "Cassandra?" He asked softly.

DragonSong

Sniffing the air, Hanako followed after him cautiously. Her eyes swept over the captain's quarters, then fixed on the desk pushed against a side wall. Was that a flash of hair?

"Cassandra?" She came up beside Ronin, kneeling down to peer under the desk. Wide, childish eyes stared back at her. She smiled, keeping her lips closed to hide her sharp canines. "We're not gonna hurt you," she murmured. "Ronin here was sent to find you." She glanced up at the warrior. "Uh- who sent you anyway?"

Maybe a familiar name would coax the girl out.

Medievarad

The girl charged forward at Ronin. He heard her footsteps and kneeled down, the small girl throwing herself in his arms. She seemed to be in a poor state, her clothes shredded. "I got paid for this. But I would've done it anyway. They took Cassandra.." He murmured, hugging the small girl closely. She looked up at Hanako. "She's an orphan.. A street urchin. She tried stealing my sword." He said with a chuckle as he picked up the girl, walking back to the deck. "Are you alright, Cassie?" He murmured to the girl, who nodded vigourously.

DragonSong

"Oh..." A smile smile spread across the kitsune's face and she waved at the girl. "Why try to steal a sword you can't even lift?" she asked teasingly, tilting her head at the child.

She fell into step beside the warrior, flashing a quick smile at the people huddled at the other end of the deck. "We've gotta get these people to shore," she murmured, looking around for lifeboats.

Medievarad

The girl looked at Hanako. "Monies for mama!" Was what she said, causing Ronin to slowly chuckle. "We do.. There must be small lifeboats around.." Was what he muttered.

DragonSong

"Over here." Hanako had spotted the boat she'd been hauled over on, along with two others lashed down to the deck. She waved to the would-be slaves. "C'mon, help me with these. Let's get you people home."

Slowly, they came forward. Hanako began counting as she untied one of the boats, frowning a bit and tilting her head. "We're going to have to make two trips," she murmured to Ronin, giving the child he still held another smile. She was a cute little thing. "They won't all fit."

Medievarad

"I'll stay on the boat constantly. If there's anyone waiting on the coast, I'll handle them." He said with a slow nod, walking over to the sound of the lifeboat. "You stay here, I'll be right back." Was what he said as he put Cassandra down. Rather leaving her for the time being.

If the coast was filled with more slavers, he'd have his hands full.

DragonSong

"I'll take a boat too," she said decisively.

It took some doing, but Hanako and the others managed to get the first load of boats into the water. The kitsune decided she better guide them to shore, seeing as how she had just traversed this surf herself and- well, she could actually see.

Medievarad

"Are there multiple boats, then?" Ronin asked. For all he knew, there were multiple and they could make it to shore in one go. Wich would save a lot of trouble.

DragonSong

"Just three," Hanako answered, judging the distance down to the water. Should she jump? "I can go with this first group and guide them to shore, then bring the boats back for the rest of you." She gave him a curious look. "You think you can...well, navigate back to shore?"

Medievarad

"Others can. I'm just muscle. And someone needs to guard the beach." Ronin said, taking a deep breath. "Me acting as the first to set foot on the beach is safest."

DragonSong

Hanako shrugged. "Whatever you say." Reaching out, she touched his arm lightly. "I'm going to guide you into a lifeboat, alright?" She didn't want to startle him and have him attack her like before.

Medievarad

Ronin nodded slowly, grabbing her hand. "Alright."

Tags: