Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Happenings [Glob] [M]

Started by DragonSong, February 04, 2016, 08:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

That certainly seemed promising.

Starbright beamed at him. "Maybe you could help us then," she said excitedly, moving closer to him. "My sister and I...we have a bit of a magical problem. As far as we can tell, it's pretty unique."

DaGlobster

"Do you?" Vel asked, and he clapped his hands together. A section of earth rose up behind him, and he sat down on it. The same happened for the earth behind Starbright.

"Tell me."

DragonSong

"Oh." She glanced down at the makeshift seat and smiled, then sank onto it. "Well...it might be easier to show you, actually." Tilting her head slightly, she murmured, "Midnight? Wake up, I want you to meet someone."

What is it now? Leave me alone, I'm tired.

Starbright frowned. Speaking aloud for Vel's benefit, she coaxed. "C'mon, just for a few minutes. Please?"

Midnight's consciousness stirred, absorbing the information their body had been taking in while she slept. She growled a bit at her sister's lack of caution and spat, Fine, but only because if i don't take over who knows what stupid thing you'll do next.

Opening her mouth to protest, Starbright suddenly froze as a sort of rippling shiver ran through her body. Blond hair darkened from root to tip, and her eyes flickered violet for a moment, then settled into red.

Midnight gave Vel a cursory once over, seeing him through her own eyes for the first time. "And what the hell are you exactly?"

Be nice!

sighing, the girl rolled her eyes and muttered, "Name's Midnight, pleasure to meet you. Now- what the hell are you exactly?"

DaGlobster

Vel watched with interest as Starbright went to Midnight, and when it was all done, he lifted a finger to speak. When Midnight cut him off, he retracted the finger.

"My name is Vel. I'm an artificial being."

DragonSong

"How do you work?" Midnight asked with blunt curiosity, standing and leaning forward to examine him a bit closer. Hearing the ticking sounds, she murmured, "Clockwork. Do you have to wind yourself up or something?" She paced around him in a circle, eyes calculating but interested.

Suddenly she paused, shaking her head, then sighed. "My sister says I'm being rude," she informed him. "She also- well, we want to know what you think." She gestured to herself with a hand. "Of this."

DaGlobster

"Oh, heavens no. That'd be awfully primitve of me. I run on magic and steam power," Vel said.

He turned to keep facing her as she circled him, just as curious of her as she was of him.

"It's quite an interesting trait. Twins, inhabiting the same body..."

DragonSong

Midnight snorted. "Interesting. That's one word for it." Tilting her head at him, she arched an eyebrow and asked, "So, think you can help us out?"

Would it kill you to be nicer? Starbright moaned in the back of her mind.

It might.

DaGlobster

"I think so," Vel said.

"However, the process would require reagents and objects that I just don't have."

DragonSong

Both girls sighed and Midnight's shoulders slumped. "Told you not to get your hopes up," she muttered to Starbright.

Wait- he says he doesn't have the objects. Does that mean...we could get them?

Midnight arched an eyebrow and replied her sister's question. "If we could somehow get you the things you need, could you...fix us?"

DaGlobster

"I could try my hardest," Vel said, putting his hands together.

DragonSong

That was more hope than either of them had ever expected to have. Oh! Thank him, Midnight!

"What do you need?" Midnight asked instead, kneeling in front of the magical construct. After a pause and an insistent shouting in the back of her head, she added, "Alright, alright! Starbright says to thank you."

DaGlobster

When Midnight kneeled in front of him, Vel looked rather abashed by it. He took off his hat (which was also made of wood and brass, funnily enough) and held it to his chest, holding it by the brim.

"You're very welcome," Vel said.

"As for what I need, I'm not sure exactly. I'll need to consult one of my books."

DragonSong

She tilted her head. "How long do you think that will take?" The question was blunt but not accusatory, so Starbright simply sighed and let it be.

Offer to help.

"Could we...help you with that? Somehow?" Midnight ventured slowly.

DaGlobster

"Well, I've got a lot of books, so really, it'll be me sifting through books until I find the right one," Vel said.

"You could help me look, I suppose. Care to accompany me?"

DragonSong

Books? Yes please!

Midnight shrugged. "Yeah, sure. Thanks." She stood, dusting herself off, and gave him a wry smile. "I'll let you walk with my sister. I'm tired, and she'd more pleasant than I am. you can talk about these books"

Thanks, Midnight. The change rippled through them again and in a moment Starbright was blinking at Vel, offering a small smile. "Sorry about her," she said a bit sheepishly. "She's really not so bad, once you get to know her."

DaGlobster

Vel waved the issue off.

"She's fine. I rather like her. You're both very agreeable," Vel said.

Vel turned away, and made signs with his four hands. A portal opened ahead of them.

"Shall we?"

DragonSong

Both girls were surprised- they'd been called a lot of things in their lives, but "agreeable" wasn't one of them.

But before Starbright could really react he'd opened a hole in the air. She gasped, eyes widening. "Is- is it safe?" she asked, looking up at him.

DaGlobster

"I've done it tons of times," Vel said, and he stuck his arm in it. It came back out unharmed.

"See?"

DragonSong

"Well...okay." Starbright gave him a nervous sort of smile and nodded. "Right. Lead the way then," she said, trying to sound determined.

DaGlobster

"Would you like me to guide you through?" Vel said, and he offered her his hand.

Tags: