Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreams of Light [Closed]

Started by Juno, February 27, 2016, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

OOC: This thread has been closed.

This must be it.

He checked and rechecked the location marked on his map. The quiet, unassuming mansion was exactly as it had been described to him. Compared to its great neighbors it hardly stood out, but it was the supposed Mistress of the compound that had drawn Ezra.

Senna herself had been lost to him for some time. One would think it quite easy to keep track of someone whose power lied in light. It had been. Mostly. Ezra had been made privy to some very, very valuable information about his beloved Senna, though, and he was quite eager to prove its merit.

He opened one of the creaking gates to the small entry path that separated himself from the door to the eerily quiet home. There was no hesitation, only excitement really, as he lifted his hand to give a cheerful, rapping knock at the door.

Medievarad

The mansion was built with a small tower. One that functioned as a library. Senna had, ever since the death of her beloved, mostly spent her time in said library. But she just felt too sad and found her thoughts wandering. The light elemental was propped up next to the small, circular window. Legs pressed to her subtle chest. With a slow and painful blink, another radiant tear slowly crept down her cheek. It hurt so much.

It was a night like any other. Sleeping in his strong, yet soft arms. She knew he'd protect her. He always would. But when she woke up, he was cold to the touch. He didn't move and he was stiff. Later, she was told that his heart had stopped beating in his sleep.

She was broken. She couldn't handle the grief. And thus, she locked herself away in a mansion. Hacing given up on her life of standing up for others. She just wanted to be left alone. Yet she craved human contact. She was, after all, still a social creature. But it was all so painful.

She sat up and stepped down from the window, descending the stairs. She didn't need much of substance, light sustained her normally enough. But not now. Not when she was broken. On her way through the great hall, she heard a knock. Her eyes widened.

And she found herself rushing to the door. There was only one man who know the whereabouts of this mansion. She expected to throw open the door and fall into Darius' arms. She opened the door with a bewildered look and looked upon Ezra, her expression softening. What was she thinking? She saw his corpse.

She wanted to greet him. Invite him in with a smile, yet the only thing she could say was a shivering "how did you find me?"

Juno

And there she was. He hadn't expected her to answer so quickly, but she was there and at least that part of his information had been correct.

It had been so long since he'd seen her so close, yet it felt as though almost no time had passed at all. He did his best to soften his features in the face of what he could only assume was a grieving woman. "I was sent by a friend," he promised vaguely, offering a small smile. It wouldn't do to tell her he'd been having her followed.

"I'm sure you don't remember me, I'm so sorry to bother you, but- Are you well?" It was an open enough question. He didn't want to assume anything she didn't tell her himself.

Medievarad

She really didn't look well. Tired eyes were a sore red of crying, her hair wasn't combed and was a frizzly mess. She was only a former shade of herself. She nodded slowly. "Come in." She murmured, her voise hoarse and weak.

"I do remember you.." She said with a sad smile as she sat down. "Ezra Shalom. We met some years ago.." She shook her head, "don't apologise, the company is welcome."

Juno

Slowly padding after her he could only feel excitement in the wake of her unspoken sadness. He folded the little map and quietly tucked it into the pocket of his coat before lifting his eyes to take in their surroundings. When she stopped to sit, though, he automatically moved to mimic her.

He was stunned that she actually did remember him. Thankfully she seemed unaware of his continued obsession, though. "Yes, exactly." Ezra smiled kindly, studying the imperfections her grief had caused.

"Have you been alone, then?" he voiced with artificial concern.

Medievarad

He was friendly. It soothed her ever so slightly. A social contact, someone that talked to her. Only now she truly realized how much she had missed that. She smiled faintly as he confirmed them meeting several years ago.

She sighed at the following question, her ears drooping slightly. "Yes.." She whispered, feeling the sharp pain in her chest rising again.

Juno

It felt a little odd to see her so visibly slump. He had always known her to be such a happy person, so full of joy and now she looked so washed away. "For how long?" he asked gently, leaning forward slightly both with concern and curiosity to know if he'd been told correctly about her husband's passing.

Medievarad

"Roughly a week.." She managed to croak out, her throat hurting because of her held back crying. Everything was hurting. Everything was aching. She slumped down more, chewing her nether lip absently.

Juno

"Oh, Senna," he murmured, not quite able to hide the genuine concern from his voice. It felt strange to be speaking with her, and yet not.

"You shouldn't be alone like this," he reminded her. He had no way of saying it was the best for her or not but that was his personal opinion.

Medievarad

She shook her head, "I can't bring myself.. To step outside." She muttered as she rubbed her arm painfully.

Juno

He stared at her, uncertain if there was a specific reason she felt that way. He observed the way she rubbed at her arm, tilting his head slightly as he leaned his elbows against his knees. "Why is that?" he pressed.

Medievarad

"Since he'd," radiant tears slowly started to trickle down her cheeks, "he'd always be there.. And now he isn't.."

Juno

It was difficult not to feel for her pain, an annoying little frown creasing his lips as he watched the slight shimmer escaping her eyes. He had to remind himself that she deserved it. This is what she chose for herself, after all.

"He abandoned you, Senna," he spoke firmly, reaching out to place a firm hand on her shoulder. "No woman deserves that. He left you."

Medievarad

She looked at him with wide eyes, "he what?" She shook her head slowly. "H-he didn't.. He died.. He's resting.."

Juno

His eyes widened for a moment, staring at her in silence as he processed that tidbit of information. For some reason he was surprised she saw it that way.

Ezra just shook his head, looking around them and trying to clarify, "He abandoned you in death. You have nothing here. Nobody."

Medievarad

She shook her head once more. "H-He wouldn't dare to abandon me.." More tears ran down her cheeks as she rested her head in her hands. "He wouldn't.."

Juno

"But he did." He gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before letting his hand fall away, brow twitching slightly for the way she buried her face. "You shouldn't be here, Senna."

Medievarad

She looked up at Ezra, her lip quivering slightly. "I'm all alone," she murmured with teary eyes.

Juno

"Exactly," he sighed. "You shouldn't be alone. Not during such a difficult time."

Medievarad

"But," she started with a soft sob, "I can't stop thinking about him.. It hurts so bad, Ezra.."