Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreams of Light [Closed]

Started by Juno, February 27, 2016, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He shook his head in disappointment, glancing towards the door. He could barely look at her without showing his inner turmoil now, wanting so much to comfort her yet knowing they'd never been that familiar in the past. He never would have done this, never would have left her alone and heartbroken, alone in her grief.

"Senna... Take a little trip with me," he suggested, though that was more out of politeness as he fully expected her to obey him. "Come live in the city, be with people, be with me. We can catch up and... Well, all of this will just be a bad memory soon enough."

Medievarad

She shook her head slowly. "Thanks.. But no.." She looked around the empty mansion. "We were planning on living here.. After we settled down." She clutched at her chest with a painful smile. "Afer we got married."

Juno

Ezra twitched again, forcing a smile of understanding. He wanted to try his magic on her, see if he might be able to get her to change her mind, but he was wary of her realizing what he was doing and forcing him out.

"It's not good to dwell on the past," he spoke gently. "He wouldn't have wanted that for you, would he?"

Medievarad

"He wouldn't.." She sighed sadly, looking at Ezra, "he would want me to move on and be happy." She smiled faintly, "but I can't move on."

Juno

"What if that was his last wish, Senna? For you to be happy and move on. Wouldn't you want to honor his memory?" He shifted a little closer, leaning close again as he studied her curiously.

Medievarad

She grit her teeth and let out a bitter sob. "I want to.. I want to move on.. I want to be happy," she started silently.

"But I can't." She stated as she broke down into more sobbing.

Juno

Ezra flinched at the continued sobbing, feeling pretty ill-equipped to handle such uncontrollable crying.

"You have to do something," he urged her. "I can't just... leave you here to be like this. Alone. This isn't you. This isn't the Senna I knew."

Medievarad

She looked up at Ezra and blinked slowly. "I'm sorry.."

Juno

Ezra sighed heavily, suddenly leaning back in his chair and looking up to the ceiling in reflection. "What are you even sorry for," he muttered.

Medievarad

"I'm sorry that I'm weak.." She muttered silently.

Juno

"Poor thing," he lamented, letting it just be accepted as fact as he mulled it over. He hadn't thought she would have been so bad-off. It almost seemed like vengeance, though, for her to seem so hopeless and full of despair.

"I could help you become strong again," he mused, gold eyes flickering to study her again.

Medievarad

She looked at Ezra. "Can you.. Take the pain away?" She asked as she wiped away a stray, radiating tear.

Juno

Though he wasn't entirely sure if it was possible he nodded without any hesitation. "I might know a few ways to help," he murmured, offering her a sympathetic smile. "I could make this world disappear. Get rid of your clouds, clear your mind... Would you want that?"

Medievarad

She looked at Ezra, hesitantly, before nodding. "Yes. Please." She muttered. "It's too painful."

Juno

His lips slowly curled into a wordless smile, just drinking in the sight of her in the moment she decided it. "Close your eyes," he commanded gently, moving to stand and digging around his coat pocket for something.

Medievarad

Senna nodded slowly and closed her eyes, sitting back in her seat.

Juno

Ezra studied her for a moment, as it judging if she had truly obeyed him or not. "I want you to breathe, Senna. Breathe and see nothing. No light. Be alone with yourself in the dark. Don't think. Don't speak. Just breathe," he instructed in an even tone, still quietly going through his pockets.

Medievarad

Senna let out a slow sigh, nodding slowly as she emptied her mind, breathing slowly.

Juno

At last he retrieved a rather rumpled handkerchief and bent to gently wipe her cheeks with it before allowing it to rest flat in his hand.

"Let the dark in," he murmured, waving his other over the fabric to slowly change its appearance to that of a small, white box sealed with a ribbon. Another wave of his hand towards the wall and the colors of reality slowly started to melt away and swirl into a blackness that seeped from the walls to the floor and slowly engulfed the furniture. His lips twitched in a proud little smirk.

"Open your eyes. Do you see it?"

Medievarad

Senna slowly opened her eyes, wich immediatly widened when she saw the sudden change in scenery, the small box in her hand, she looked up at Ezra, frowning slightly.