Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreams of Light [Closed]

Started by Juno, February 27, 2016, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"This has all your worries, Senna. All your troubles." He held up the little box, dangling it before her face before pulling it away and tucking it away into his pocket. "Everything's gone, don't you see?"

Medievarad

Senna blinked slowly. She was confused by his gesture. "Eh?" Was it to show her how easy it was to let go of something, have someone else take it for you? "I.. I understand," she muttered.

Juno

Standing up straight, he looked around the room, watching as the blackness began to pour out into the hall and slowly engulf the mansion. "Wonderful, I'm so pleased to hear that," he sighed, holding out his hand to her. "Stand with me, wouldn't that be easier?"

Medievarad

Senna nodded slowly, putting a tender hand in his, standing up slowly. "How?" She managed to whisper.

Juno

"Hmm. How not?" he challenged instead, not really seeing a reason to explain himself further than simply being superior to isolation and loneliness. Surely he had that going for him.

"There is nothing here for you, yet so much out there," he added, gesturing at the door that was being rapidly surrounded by darkness.

Medievarad

Senna glanced at the door, then back at Ezra. "It's dissappearing," she whispered, "being engulfed by darkness."

Juno

Well at least she seemed calmer and a little more observant. He felt the strength of his illusion flickering as it slowly spread throughout the house but maintained it to the best of his ability in the areas she might see immediately. "This is all that's here for you now," he pointed out, trying his best to sound sympathetic.

"You shouldn't be here," he repeated gently, squeezing her hand in a way that was far too familiar as he took a slow, wary step towards the door, curious to see if she might be willing to follow him now.

Medievarad

It was too soon. Way too soon. She couldn't forget about him. It was then that Ezra took that step. She was hesitant. Was it alright to try and put it behind her this soon? She still wanted to grief for her late husband. But Ezra's words made her doubtful. He wouldn't abandon her, would he?

She followed his singular step hesitantly.

Juno

He relaxed slightly once he finally watched her take that step. It seemed he might be able to coax her after all. "Let's go home," he whispered, taking another step but watching her the whole time, eyes sweeping up and down to take in the look of a broken creature of light.

"You'll be safe," he promised.

Medievarad

She stopped in her tracks and looked at Ezra, hand slipping from his grip. "This.. Is my home," she stammered weakly. "His home. Our home."

Juno

Ezra watched her warily, trying to remain calm even as his plans were slowly being run off track. "I apologize. I was talking about my home," he murmured, a fake smile twitching at his lips. "Take some time to step away from all this."

Medievarad

"Do you want me.. To come visit you?" She inquired slowly, looking at Ezra with a sad smile.

Juno

"Yes, I'd like that," he admitted, holding his hand out to her again with a slight bow of his head. "For old time's sake."

Medievarad

Senna nodded slowly. "I.. Need to prepare," she said with a sad sigh. "I can't show myself in public like this.."

Juno

Well at least she seemed willing. He hoped it wasn't just an excuse.

Dropping his hand after a short gesture and a few mumbled words he let the darkness around them recede to reveal the true appearance of the mansion once more. Visibly shaken, he adjusted his collar before flashing her an understanding smile.

"Can I be of any assistance with that? It could just be for a bit of company." His eyes flickered towards the staircase. "Or I will remain here, if you wish."

Medievarad

"Oh.. Uhm.." Senna blushed lightly as she shook her head. "You can, if you wish," she murmured, she still had a screen she was able to change behind.

Juno

"So long as it's not a bother to you." He chuckled, unaware of exactly what she'd meant by that and curious about the sudden flush to her cheeks. Lifting his chin slightly in gesture he added, "Please, lead the way."

Medievarad

Senna nodded slowly and gracefully ascended the stairs, glancing over her shoulder to Ezra as she did.

She opened a door in the hallway and walked in, revealing a rather large and luxurious bedroom. She glanced at Ezra one more, "make yourself comfortable," she said with a faint smile as she opened an armoire and pulled a white dress out, stepping behind a screen as she got changed.

Juno

Ezra followed her at a respectful distance. There was no need to rush now that she'd agreed, but he was also hanging back slightly to survey the furnishings he could see from the stair and down the hall. It was a nice place, to be sure, but it truly was a pity it was not more conveniently located.

Following her into the room he lifted his eyes to look about in a similar manner, mentally mapping as much of the place as he could for himself. He was quite pleased at least that it seemed she had good taste in decor. There were a couple of places he could have sat down but the nobleman chose to stand near the middle of the room instead with a particular air of distractedness.

"You know I really feel quite awful that you've been here, Senna. No one should have to deal with this alone." His tone was grave but Ezra had quite the little smirk upon his lips as he watched her silhouette through the screen.

Medievarad

Senna pulled the dress off completely and put it ontop of the screen, taking the other and halting momentarily as Ezra spoke, not sure how she had to react to that.

She walked from behind the screen, sitting down behind the mirror, "can you help?" She inquired as she brushed her hair aside, revealing her bare back, the dress not fully closed there.

She looked at herself in the mirror. And for the first time in a week, realised just how tired she looked.