Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Impressions [DragonSong]

Started by Arocraes, March 25, 2016, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

Arocraes chucked softly. "No reason I suppose" he said as he got up. "Well it was nice meeting you Tara--oh and sorry about earlier" he said as he began walking back to his room.

Upon arriving at the entrance of his room he noticed that the door was creaked open slightly, although he had shut it fully before he left. Arocraes opened the door and found that all his important belongings--his katana, armor piece, and black iron--were not there anymore. Someone even stole one of his oranges. He was shocked and upset. He was leaving in a couple of days and all his things were gone. "Who would do such a thing" he murmured to himself.

Arocraes recounted the events of the day, trying to figure out who could be a possible suspect. However, the only person he had contact with during the day was Tara. Is it revenge from earlier he questioned internally. She was with him during the time he was away from his gear, however, so he assumed the only way she'd be involved is if she had friends who worked for her.

Arocraes ran downstairs to find Tara.

DragonSong

She smiled, a little reluctant to see him go but not willing to try to convince him to stay just to see if she could get a little fun out of it.

Finishing and paying for her drink, Tara realized she didn't have quite enough coin to pay for a room. Sighing, she ran a hand through her hair and moved to sit by the large hearth in the center of the back wall. Instead of her lyre, she pulled out a delicately carved flute and trilled a few scales to warm up.

That got some people's attention. She played a few more notes, then smiled, satisfied, and started to trill a simple little ditty, subtly setting her tin cup out again.

Arocraes

He saw Tara playing her flute, again with the tin can out. He walked to her, but flanking her from her side so she wouldn't immediately notice him. He picked up a chair and set it near her, sitting down beside her.

"I see singing's not your only talent" Arocraes said to her as he gently smiled. He didn't want to force her to give him the location of his belongings--seeing as he had no weapon. "But if you could tell me where it is, that'd be great" he continued, fully believing she set him up and distracted him while someone stole his things.

DragonSong

Tara blinked in surprise as the young man took a seat beside her, giving him a small nod of acknowledgement but continuing to play, figuring he'd get bored and leave eventually. Or maybe throw a few more coins in.

Then she frowned and lowered her flute, tilting her head at him in confusion. "Excuse me? What are you talking about?"

Arocraes

"Wow a true virtuoso in the art of lying" Arocraes said sarcastically. "I admire your deceit; distracting me so your friends can steal my things, but I'd really like to have it back." Arocraes sighed and rolled his eyes "it's always the pretty ones that rob you clean."

He then stood up from his chair and looked at the other patrons in the bar. Some were staring in confusion and curiosity while others continued about their business without a care. He looked back at the woman expecting her to lead him to where his belongings were.

DragonSong

Okay, now he was starting to piss her off. Glaring, Tara got to her feet and slid her flute back into her pack, gathering up the few coins she'd managed to earn.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," she snapped at him, folding her arms. "And I'm not sure I appreciate the insinuation."

Sure, it wouldn't have been the first time she'd pulled such a trick... But he didn't know that! And this time she was actually innocent.

Arocraes

Arocraes pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes in frustration. "Look, I'm no fool" he unconvincingly replied, "I'm leaving this town in two days. Just bring me to my things and we can call things even."

"You may not appreciate the insinuation but I don't appreciate having my things stolen" he said, beginning to raise his voice. He instinctively reached for the handle of his katana, but was further disappointed when he remembered it was stolen.

DragonSong

Tara glowered at him. "I didn't steal any of your damn things!" she hissed, one hand going to the knife sheathed at the small of her back.

Arocraes

She seemed genuinely upset at the accusations. My things are likely far away from here by now, there would be no use in hiding it if she did steal everything. "Hey easy there, you're just the only person I've talked to today so it's a bit suspicious" Arocraes said, realizing how pathetic it was. "Do you think you could lend me a hand then?"

DragonSong

She tossed her hair, still glaring at him. "Now, why would I do that?" Tara snipped. "You just called me a theif, and now you want my help?" She scoffed, arching an eyebrow at him.

Arocraes

Arocraes sighed. "I'm sorry that I accused you, it was an honest mistake" he said. "I can't really do much without my gear" he explained. He wasn't at all proficient in hand to hand combat, but could dodge and maneuver himself with ease. His wind spells also only worked through his katana.

"It's very important that I get my things back, my family's business depends on it." He began to pout and give her puppy dog eyes to ease the tension.

DragonSong

Tara gave him a calculating look, sweeping her eyes over him without trying to hide the once over. "What's in it for me?" she asked after a moment, cocking her hip and planting her fist on it.

Arocraes

"The gratitude of a charming, handsome, and funny young fellow?" Arocraes teased. He relaxed himself a little and began scratching his head thinking of a way to repay her. "I went to Adela to gather a kind of material my family specializes in using" he began to explain, "it's pretty rare, I can give you a portion of what I collected and you could make some good coin off of it."

He didn't want to let go of any amount of black iron, but it was better than going home with none at all. He looked at the woman, not sure if he could actually trust her but perhaps she could be persuaded by a bit of coin.

DragonSong

"Hm." Tara tilted her head, letting her gaze up and down him again. "What did you say your family did?"

Arocraes

"Blacksmithing" he replied, "we're pretty good at it if I may say so myself." Arocraes thought it would be best to start searching for close as to the whereabouts of his belongings. "Anyway if you decide to help, I'll be around" he said as he waved and began walking away.

Arocraes returned to his room, searching for any indication of how to track the thieves down.

DragonSong

"Hey, wait a second." Tara followed after him, shouldering her pack and biting at her lip as she thought.

She leaned against the door frame, watching him the way a cat would watch a mouse. "Alright, here's the deal," she said abruptly. "If you're so good at your trade- well, I could use some knew blades." She knew better than most that a well made blade was worth twice its weight in gold.

"What exactly was stolen?" she asked, tilting her head.

Arocraes

Arocraes smirked as he rummaged through his room. "My blade, armor, a small sack I kept money and other things in, and my black iron" he said pausing momentarily after saying black iron. "Black iron's the material I gathered in Adela to bring back" he further explained. They also took my fucking orange he thought, for some reason being angered the most by this.

As Arocraes continued searching through the room, he came across a loose piece of clothing seemingly torn off and droplets of blood around it. "Look" he said to Tara pointing at the cloth "the idiots must've cut themselves while handling my katana. I wonder if the innkeeper or bartender would remember anyone having worn similar clothes with a small cut somewhere."

DragonSong

She shrugged, taking the cloth. "Worth asking. Come on." She jerked her head to indicate that he should followed and made for the stairs, pocketing the scrap of fabric.

Arocraes

Arocraes followed close by, watching the woman's hair. "By the way..." Arocraes said as he coughed. "Thank you for doing this, you didn't have to." He paced up faster so that he would be walking adjacent to her. "You're a lot kinder than you look" he remarked.

DragonSong

Tara scoffed at that. "Hey, I'm in this for the free knives." She tossed an arch look over her shoulder at him. "Which I will be holding you to, by the way."

Lips quirking up on one side, she added with a hint of teasing, "And what the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't look kind? I'm a damned saint." She tossed her hair dramatically.

Tags: