Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The Day of Respite

The first morning was a somber day, laced with high tensions during its fasting and penance. And because it was customary that talking was discouraged, the entire city of Uthlyn had an eerie silence settling over it.

All day it was like this,a nd not many took a step outside their door, except for the anticipations of going to church and any other needed preparations for the morrow. But as the day crawled onward, and nearing the hour to reflect over the death of Ansgar himself, not many people were directing their attentions there. No. The whole of Uthlyn feared for a whole new set of deaths to come.

The poor were getting poorer. The population of their men, dwindling. More and more freedoms were being revoked, and another proposition to make Connlaoth a more 'boastful' kingdom was only gaining the ire of it's own people.

Raise taxes. Take the men. Let the homeless starve. How much more did the people have to take?

The man with the slicked black hair entered the tavern of NightWall. There was a decent crowd there, and the only ones enjoying booze were those who figured beer didn't count in on this day of fasting. Most of the men here were older, and a lot of them were men he already knew.

He approached one such man with a smirk.
"A beer to Ansgar's falling?" he jested. The man he addressed shook his head. And as the two looked around, it looked like no one was paying them any mind as Cullen took a seat and ordered himself his own mug of beer.

"It could be our last one, you know," he went on, assuring the man his consumption of the drink was purely on purpose. "Tomorrow, all the men in masks might drink it all."
And though he smiled as if it were a jest, both he and the man already knew of the plan.

The Blood Wardens wouldn't be easy to spot. Masks were a common occurrence on men's faces the next morning. But they wouldn't be chasing after children, and the chaos to ensue would not be pretend.

When he got his second beer, Cullen found himself asking the bar owner.
"What time is it, Lan?"

The man's voice was gruff.
"Twenny af'er Eleven."

Cullen raised his beer to his friend.
"Hear that? Less than an hour until the bell tolls."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

"This is it, the reckoning is coming. The nobles shall see what they truly are on the outside." Aldwin said to himself as he neatly rolled up the map. After studying it for hours, memorizing every twist and turn of the city, The Witch Doctor felt like he was prepared to put his plan to action.

The Day of Remembrance, a holiday of religion in which people are too busy repenting to a god that Aldwin doesn't believe to exist. The perfect time for him to strike.

Opening the hatch to the sewers, The Witch Doctor called to his agent in an emphasized whisper. "I have prepared, now is the type to awake my creations. Today will truly be a day to remember." 

visualspice

Jack woke up early enough cause he had to piss, and shuffled away from where he and his companion had slept underneath the bridge. And though he was used to sleeping in compromised spaces, the crick in his neck didn't seem to want to budge as he attempted to crack it, all the while letting his stream of urine hit the Matron.

He rubbed at his neck, feeling as if his body couldn't get empty fast enough, or rather, maybe his urine just seemed to last forever as he grunted and finally reached the end. But even as he was finishing up with his business, his eyes moved towards the city, which was still as death.

He snorted while fastening his pants.
"Here goes another Day of Boring."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

It was not the most pleasant sound she'd ever woken to, but Fiona managed not to comment as she sat up, groaning and cursing the criks and kinks throughout her body quietly.

"Well, boring is better than bad excitement," she mumbled through a yawn, glancing toward Jack and then away quickly, cheeks pinking slightly.

visualspice

Jack gave a crack of his neck after he closed up his pants and turned to move to a better place to perch and observe the city from where they were so under it.
"I suppose so, but people in the city will also be as useless as possible, too." He sighed. Maybe they should have stayed in the under ground. Then again, he had to keep reminding himself he had baby sitting duty with miss dragon breath.

DragonSong

"And they would otherwise be useful?" Fiona moved toward him a little hesitantly, peering around. "How so?"

visualspice

"Well, for starters, no shops will be open today. Activity limited, as well as speaking, really, for the holiday." He gave a shrug and turned to head towards the trail that'd lead them back up to town.

DragonSong

"Speaking?" she furrowed her brow. "What do you mean? People aren't allowed to talk?"

visualspice

"It's not that they can't they just..." He shrugged. "Don't."

DragonSong

"But why?" She hurried her stride to walk beside him, tilting her head to watch his face curiously.

visualspice

Jack groaned. "Do I really have to explain everything?"

DragonSong

Instead of matching his tone, Fiona decided she would try a new tact: relentlessly cheerful. "It would help, yes," she chirped.

visualspice

He gave her a soured look but shook his head, looking away as he raked his unruly hair away from his face. It was sticking up in every which direction it pleased, making him appeared anything but tamed. And somehow, it looked good on him. Perhaps it was his broad shoulders and good form that complimented the rugged look. Either way, he didn't care one way or another.

"Ugh, I'm hungry. Let's eat before we even think about starting our day, alright?"

DragonSong

Fiona's stomach rumbled an avid agreement and she nodded quickly. "Yeah, food sounds good," she said quickly, looking over at him and licking her lips, which were rather dry.

She suddenly realized how the gesture could be misconstrued and ducked her head, hoping he hadn't seen. Jack certainly wasn't unattractive, but she'd argued with him too much to ever be attracted to him.

Right?

visualspice

Lucky for her, Jack was none the wiser as he trampled forward in his groggy state. And most ungentlemanly he was itching at the front of his pants. It seemed, despite having relieved himself, he had a bad case of morning wood.

He just sighed it off, readjusted his pants, which were annoyingly tight, and just set about looking for a place to get some grub.

"I'm not sure we'll find something in the city. Considering the holiday," he went on with a frown. "There might be a street vendor or two." But you could never be too sure on the quality of their food. He supposed they might have to risk things being a bit over priced, and sour.

DragonSong

"Well, better than nothing, right?" Fiona glanced at him again, then suddenly crinkled her nose. "That's...kinda crass, y'know," she muttered, nodding toward his hand. "I mean- we're just out in the open, don't you care if people see-"

She cut herself off and rolled her eyes. "No. Of course you don't."

Jounin64

Aldwin had been giving orders to his agent. Since the abominations only listen to Aldwin, his agent was told to set up an escape route using the coordinates that were drawn on the map. After the plan had been run through for a seventh time, the Witch Doctor brought his dozen experiments up.

I was a tight squeeze, but they all managed to fit. Feeling like it was time to release a few of them, his plans were interrupted. The voices of two people carried on through the silence streets. Not wanting to take any chances Aldwin removed his mask, revealing a well featured Thanati face, and with that he left the building.

Across the music shop was a man and a woman. "Not the religious type either? I thought I was going to go crazy with all this silence." He finished off with a chuckle. Aldwin walked closer to them, trying to divert their attention from the low growls and grumbles resonating from the shop.

visualspice

Jack gave a strange look to the foreigner.
"Yeah, tell me about it. But I'm more worried about finding a nice, hot greasy meal in all of this. But hey, a man can hope, am I right?"

DragonSong

Fiona kept her piece, glancing back and forth between the two of them and finding herself sort of gravitating to stand half behind Jack- which was ridiculous, it wasn't like her lanky frame could really hide behind him.

Jounin64

Aldwin sized up the two inconveniences. The man was unkempt and his face crooked, obviously a child of the streets. A piece of history Aldwin could very well relate to. But when he got to the woman, something intrigued him. There was just something so elegant...so beautiful about her. Then it hit him, he can't just let these two get caught in the crossfire of his actions.

Noticing the woman's wary stance he gave her a warming smile, though his eyes darted with curiosity and a hint of lust. "No need to be afraid my dear, I can show you a good place to get food...if you don't mind procuring it illegally."

He didn't have much time, these two have to be redirected somewhere. Get them food and get them out before his creations get too anxious. Simple right? 

Tags: