Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jack grit his teeth at her.
Okay, maybe he wouldn't try to flirt with her. She was probably a virgin anyway, right? But did that matter? He guessed it was supposed to. He just shook his head.
"Hey, slow down. I thought I was leading the way!" he grumbled after her.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Fine. Okay." She slowed her pace so she fell into step beside him.

After a moment, she muttered, "Sorry. About the bite..."

visualspice

Jack rubbed at it, his expression sour.
"If you were sorry you shouldn't have done it," he grumbled.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She folded her arms, eyes downcast. "I told you, I didn't mean it," she grumbled. "It just happened."

visualspice

"But how can you mean NOT to bite someone," he grumbled still. He never knew when to let things go.

DragonSong

"I don't know." She glowered at him. "I just- I wanted to show I was stronger than you so you'd shut up!"

It wasn't until the words left her mouth that she realized they were accurate. She paused, eyes wide, and blinked. "Huh."

visualspice

"Oh come on," he replied with a roll of his eyes. "As of that'll ever happen."

DragonSong

Her eyes snapped back to him and she growled quietly, the sound low and feral. Then she clapped a hand over her mouth.

She did not like this. Had giving in to instinct once awakened a whole mess of them?!

Shaking her head, Fiona muttered, "Let's just keep moving."

visualspice

"Yeah, we probably should get moving," he went on, sighing as he looked at the road before them with a frown. "Before you try to bite me again or something." He idly rubbed at the spot where she bit, frowning.
"Did you leave a mark?" he asked, making a face but not seeming to stop moving to actually let her check.

DragonSong

Resisting the urge to just drop her head into her hands and groan, Fiona actually cast a look at his neck. Then she winced and looked away again quickly.

"Um...yeah. Probably." Definitely. She may not have drawn blood, but that was certainly going to bruise.

And for some godforsaken reason she actually felt a little flash of pride at the realization. Shit shit shit. That is...really not good. What the hells is wrong with me?!

visualspice

"Are all of your kind like that?" Jack whined. "Biting others just when you see fit?" His face was still sour. And it seemed childish. He couldn't just let things go. "Hell, last time I was bitten like that might have been from a playful whore too high up on something." He was shaking his head at the memory. "Hell, didn't even get myself a joy ride before it." He rubbed again at the mark, rambling still.

DragonSong

That snapped her out of her bizarre reverie quickly enough. Fiona gaped at him, then snapped her mouth shut and glared.

"You are an ass," she informed him on a growl, turning and flouncing away down the road in front of him. Her tail twitched agitatedly under her skirts, though she didn't seem to be entirely conscious of it, muttering under her breath about "impossible men".

visualspice

Impossible Men seemed avoidable, for as they moved forward some voices could be heard.

"You think they'd pay if he's dead?  I thought we needed that dragon... alive."
The other man went on, bragging about how easy it would be to pick him off-

Even Jack had to scoff at that. Some man thinking he could pick off a dragon?

"Please.."

It seemed someone heard Jack's retort, even if he hadn't been invited into their conversation- and the men turned towards their direction- but neither party saw the other.

"Who's out there?" one of the men called.
How much had they said? And how much had these people been listening in? Did they hear the name of the dragon? And that they aimed to kill 'em?

Jack rolled his eyes, and seemed about ready to reveal himself and stroll on over to the men and give them a piece of his mind. He hated men that ran their mouth.
His fists did all the talking there.
And he was itching for a fight.

DragonSong

Eyes wide, Fiona lunged forward to grab Jack's sleeve in an effort to hold him in place. "What are you doing?" she hissed at him, shaking her head almost frantically.

Whoever these people were, if they thought they could take on a dragon than they were at least armed, and most probably dangerous.

...It only occurred to her as an afterthought that if they were after a dragon, a half-dragon might also be of interest to them.

visualspice

Jack made a face at her.
"What are you doing? Doesn't it annoying you there's men out there running lousy mouths?"
Jack cracked his knuckles- and the men, who weren't too far away, were obliged to reply.

"Lousy mouths?"
One man spat.

"Come out here so you can say it to our faces!"
They weren't about to go scrounging around for the man running his mouth and get shanked. However, the man running his mouth needed addressed. Only a fool would talk to them that way!

Jack rolled his eyes.

"I don't think it needs said to anyone's face how stupid they are to hunt after a dragon." Jack replied, stepping out into the streets and eyeing the group of men up critically. There wasn't many of them. But then again, not many people were out at this hour either. Either way, he hated those who ran their mouths. "Besides, I guess the pair of you forgot what country you're in."

They simply stared at Jack.

"Connlaoth doesn't have dragons."
Said the man standing in front of a lady dragon.. of sorts.

DragonSong

Fiona gritted her teeth, swallowed a torrent of cursing, and stepped out after Jack.

"You're an idiot," she muttered to him under her breath. Her eyes flicked over the "dragon hunters". Jack was right--dragons didn't exactly frequent Connlaoth.

Or at least, not any that could be recognized as dragons. That was how she had happened after all, according to her mother.

"Where exactly are you thinking to find this dragon?" she asked, hoping her voice sounded more collected than she felt.

visualspice

The men clearly didn't like their attitude, especially that of the loud mouthed Jack. They sneered in their direction, eyes glinting dangerously with their growing irritation.

"You clearly know nothin' 'bout dragons," one man growled.

"I think I know well enough," came Jack's cool reply.

"Dragons ain't even what they seem. 'specially when sneakin' into lands like Connlaoth. Some even take a human form."

That, of course, just made Jack laugh.

"What's so fuckin' funny?" one of the men snapped. They clearly didn't see the amusement that the other man did, even if Jack only barked out a single laugh.

"If that's the case, you could just ly and kill any person just claiming they were the dragon you were hunting."

The response Jack gave them was not the one they expected, and they simply stared at him, confusion and anger clearly twisted upon their faces.

DragonSong

Fear tingled down her spine. She tried not to let it show; she knew it wasn't logical, there was no way these people could know who—what—she was.

But Jack's point was correct. And a little terrifying. They wouldn't have to know.

She didn't want to bait them.

"Let's just go," she muttered to her companion, tugging lightly on his arm. "Come on—this can't be worth it."

Right?

visualspice

"Worth it?" Jack cracked his neck left, then right. "Apparently you've never had an itch to fight after being bitten."
He gave a sniff and wiped his nose as he peered back at Fiona with a half grin.
"Sometimes you need to fight just to fight."

He looked over at the men and got a brief glimpse of the paper drawing of a dragon they were carrying.

The men sneered and backed down, ironically.
"Oh yeah? And who said fightin' some thug is even worth it to us?" t he man nudged his companion. "Come on. Let's get goin'. We ain't got time for this."

And the men moved to leave.

DragonSong

"Jack."  She tightened her grip on his arm and desperately tried to ignore the heat that had begun to pulse through her own blood. "Let's. Go."

It wasn't worth it. It wasn't.

But there was a part of her, a part she had never truly acknowledged until presented with these men claiming to hunt dragons, that was fire and pride and wanted to fight.

Abruptly, her eyes were no longer pale glass, but something clear and burning and ancient.

She swallowed, trying to force the feeing away even as her wings tingled against her shoulders and her skin heated steadily.

Tags: