Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jack was all but resigned to leave things at that.
But then he heard one of the men mutter, "Cunts."
So Jack turned around and popped the man clean across the back of his head.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Jack!"

Fiona hauled back on his arm desperately, but the blow had landed. It was too late. Wide-eyed, she just barely managed to duck out of the way as one of the "dragon hunters" took a swing at their assailant and nearly hit her instead.

visualspice

But Jack hit him back, and with a roar, charged into the man and knocking him clean to the ground, giving the other time to respond by leaping onto Jack's back and producing a knife.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Stop, stop it!"

Fiona had always hated the maidens in stories who stood by or swooned while menfolk scuffled. But now that she was in the middle of it, she realized there wasn't anything she could do. They were all moving too fast--she was just as like to hurt Jack as help him if she tried to insert herself.

But when she saw one of the men draw a knife, she reacted on instinct. She slammed her shoulder into his, shoving him back with more force than a woman her size should have been able to muster.

"Bitch," someone spat behind her, which was all the warning she got before someone grabbed her hair and threw her backward onto the ground. She cried out, catching herself awkwardly with one hand and whipping her head around to try to find her attacker.

The man was just staring at her. Fiona blinked, unable to process what he was looking at for a long moment. At least, until she realized how far her skirts had ridden up, revealing the last few inches of her tail twitching nervously back and forth.

She blanched, trying to scramble back to her feet and get some distance. "St-stay away from me!"

visualspice

But the man noticed something else.
The strange lump against her back side.
He was over her in an instant, over powering and ripping at her clothes.
He had seen that scaley tail before...
And it would explain a lot why these two were so butt hurt about dragon hunters...

Wings.. if he could expose those wings...

And just as the man heard a most satisfying rip  of clothing, there was a painful cracking sound of Jack's fist hitting his skull, and the man went down- hard.

DragonSong

Fiona thrashed and fought, clawing at her attacker like a wildcat, but she hadn't been able to get her feet fully under her before he was on her again, and he was just too big for her to throw him off from the ground.

Panic closed her throat and she whimpered, scratching at his face and neck as he tore the back of her dress--

And then he was gone, Jack was standing over her.

But the damage was done. Her dress--already tattered from travel--was barely held up by the strips of fabric at her shoulders and the sash around her waist. The back had been almost entirely ripped away, and a large slash through her skirts had opened up when she'd tried to get to her feet and trod on the hem.

She just stared up at Jack in silence, panting and terrified. Her tail lashed side to side, and she had to exert an enormous effort of will to keep her wings folded tight to her back. Not that it seemed to make much difference--they were burnished gold when the light hit them, hardly subtle under the best of circumstances.

visualspice

Jack gave her a once over, breathing heavy.
"Can you stand?" Cause they probably shouldn't linger. He could already hear someone calling out to the guards...

DragonSong

"I—I..."

Fiona simply stared at him for a long moment, too stunned to do much else. Then she snapped her mouth closed and nodded in a sharp jerk, climbing shakily to her feet.

Without thinking, she grabbed for Jack's hand. "Let's—let's go. Please..." She was shivering violently in a way that had nothing to do with a chill, and her already strange-glass eyes had gone dull and almost colorless.

visualspice

Seeing her move and her clothing nearly falling off, he shrugged off his shirt and tossed it to her.
"Here, put that on before the rest of your clothes fall off. " He peered anxiously over his shoulder, partly perhaps to give her some privacy but also to keep an eye out for trouble.

DragonSong

She took his shirt with shaking hands, wrapping it tightly around her shoulders with a softly murmured, "Thank...you."

The extra fabric seemed to help calm her somewhat, at least enough that she regained the presence of mind to wrap her tail around her leg, hiding it from view under her skirts.

She took a breath, then reached out to carefully place her fingers on Jack's arm. "Where do we go?" she asked quietly, pressing in closer to his side almost unconsciously.

visualspice

"Just follow 'ol Jack. I can find my way out of trouble in this town blindfolded." He gestured with a jerk of his head. "This way. Come on." And he began to lead her through a winding maze of back alleys.

DragonSong

There was little else she could do but follow him. Fiona clutched his shirt a little tighter around her frame, startling at every slight sound or quick movement, but she managed to keep up with Jack easily enough.

visualspice

Jack paused and gestured for her to stop- then to draw closer. He could hear voices and they sounded as if they were coming from both directions. He was trying to discern if that were true, as sometimes voices carried strangely in the alley, depending on where you were, and they  were in a section that more often than not, carried more noise than it should, for the houses here were lower than the ones around it.

He peered up and noticed an open window- something the next floor up, but doable to crawl inside.
Should they risk an entry? It could draw more attention. But the next way over was a series of bridges and homemade waterways that opened up into the sewers.

They could probably make that..
Assuming the noises coming from their left were fake and the sound was actually to their right...

DragonSong

"...Jack?"

Any fire Fiona had held earlier had clearly been dampened by their run-in with those dragon hunters. Her voice shook slightly as she pressed into his side, looking side to side as she tried to parse through the conflicting sensory information.

"What--what do we do?" Her wings twitched against her back, rustling the fabric of his borrowed shirt, and the tip of her tail began to twitch against her calf in agitation.

visualspice

He grabbed her by the hand.
"Come on. We're gonna chance the sewers."
And he began to pull her down the cobblestone street just as a pair of guards showed up from the alley.

"Hey! Stop! You two! You're in violation of the curphew!"

Jack swore and ran harder.
"Just keep running. "

DragonSong

Fiona gasped, stumbled, then managed to right herself and run as Jack pulled her along. "Won't—won't they follow us to the sewer?" she gasped as she forced herself to keep up.

visualspice

"City guards following us into the sewer? You've got to be kidding me. They'd never go into that rancid place. Come on!" He urged her to run faster. "We just gotta make it to the bridge at the end of this road."

DragonSong

Unable to do much else, Fiona ran faster, trying to hitch up what was left of her skirts with the hand Jack wasn't tugging her along by as she followed him.

"How—how do we get to the sewer—from the bridge?" she panted. She had o force herself not to glance back over her shoulder as the sound of pursuing footsteps grew louder.

visualspice

He looked at Fiona and gave her a toothy grin.
"Know how to swim?"

DragonSong

She returned his look with wide, glassy eyes. "Um, a little?" Her wings didn't take well to water. But if it was their only option...

Oh gods.