Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

They were fast approaching the bridge.
"Hope that's enough you don't drown. " And he stopped suddenly before the bridge, scooping her up into his arms and dropped her cleaned over the edge to the water. He chanced a quick glance back at the approaching guards before hefting himself up and over the rail where he joined her with a splash.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona screeched, a sound that was quickly cut off when her mouth filled with water. She floundered to the surface, sputtering, and frantically tried to keep her head above water as her skirts, wings, and tail all worked to drag her under.

"Jack? Jack!"

She had absolutely no idea where she was supposed to be going.

visualspice

Jack resurfaced, hair once untamable hair slicked back in waves away from his face. He turned to Fiona briefly before eyes darted to the angry shouts on the bridge.

"Best get to swimming. Come on," and he began to swim his way towards the much larger bridge down river that was held up, from what it seemed, a bulge of dark shadows. Jack knew under there was easy access to the sewers, and from there a Network to get them back home.  Well his home, anyway, even if it would take some time in doing it.

He turned back towards Fiona to see how she was fairing when a weighted rope net unceremoniously dropped ontop of him, another set of guards screaming for them to hault.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Relieved, Fiona paddled awkwardly after Jack as he led them toward e next bridge. She really was an atrocious swimmer, floundering and panting as she struggled to keep up. The wet fabric of her dress tangling around her body certainly didn't help.

Which was apparently something of an odd advantage, as she was too far back when the net dropped on Jack to be caught in it.

Shit shit shit!

She grabbed for the weighted rope, first struggling to tug it off, but she could barely keep herself afloat. That wasn't working.

One thing she could try then.

"Jack, go under!" she gasped, the only warning she could manage before she pursed her lips and blew a thin stream of white-hot flame onto the netting.

The wet rope didn't burn easily, but dragonfire was a force to be reckoned with. She kept it up as long as she could, until she had a hole big enough for a grown human to fit through.

visualspice

He was about to protest but the weight of the net was forcing him under, and although he struggled against it it felt in vain- that was until some really fucking hot fire surged over head, startling Jack as he just stared dumbfounded at the net's charred hole. But he didn't waste more time than that to swim through it before he resurfaced, gasping for air.

"What.. what just happened?" He shouted. "Are they shooting fire at us?" He was so confused!

DragonSong

"No time!" Fiona was struggling to stay afloat in earnest now, gulping water with every other breath. "Where—where's the entrance? I can't—"

She went under, and it took her a few too many seconds to surface again. When she did she coughed wretchedly, lungs heavy with liquid and her eyes stinging.

visualspice

Jack grabbed her with his large hand when she resurfaced and pulled her close to his strong form.
" Get on my back! I'll swim us the rest of the way. Just hold on tight!"

DragonSong

She wanted to protest, but they didn't have the time. Her dignity wasn't worth their lives.

With no other options, she wrapped her arm around his chest and clung tight to his back, head tipped up in a frantic effort to keep her nose and mouth above water.

visualspice

By the time she was fastened onto his back, he moved to swim.but- something yanked him leftward into the water as ge went down.  A moment later, he opened his eyes and glanced down through the rampaging bubbles splashing between their forms to where he saw his leg stuck on the damned weighted net. He reached down, yanking the knife free from his boot and worked at cutting his way free

A moment later, they were able to resurface as Jack gasped for air. "Hey you alright back  there?"

DragonSong

Fiona coughed, sputtered, tried to answer, choked, coughed up more water, then managed to croak out a weak, "F-fine, just hurry!"

visualspice

Jack growled through his breath.
"Hold on to your tail feathers." And his arms tore through and pushed them through the waters as fast as he could, it seeming to take an eternity to cross the remaining short distance but once the pair made it beneath the shadows of the over pass, Jack sighed with dramatic relief.

He moved to pull himself up onto a dark ledge, one that was just barely within his reach and once the pair were far enough from the river, he squat down and instructed, "Okay, jump down. The rides over. "

DragonSong

Once she was far enough out of the water, Fiona rolled awkwardly to the side, coughing up a few more mouthfuls of water before she could draw in a true breath. She braced herself on all fours, shivering, and looked around.

"What...what now?"

visualspice

A very shirtless, rough and tumble Jack was already pushing himself off of all fours as he pointed into the dark, his eyes slowly adjusting.
"There's a way in over there. Sewers here ain't as nice as the ones at my home but.." he gave a shrug. "Beggars can't be choosers." He stood up and dusted off his trousers, for all the good that did them as they were soaking wet, fully of river grit, and it simply shuffled the dirt around.

Now on his feet, Jack popped his back. Then moved to crack his neck.
"Hope you love to crawl and ain't much afraid of tight spaces."

His eyes were mostly adjusted and he stepped deeper into the shadows where a rusted, iron door hung limply to one side. It made a godawful creak when he went to move it fully out of their way.

He then turned to Fiona.
"Gentlemen, first." And he shuffled inside, body just squeezing to fit in and lead the way on his hands and knees.

DragonSong

Great. First swimming, now tight spaces.

Not to mention dragon hunters.

Today sucked.

With no other choice available to her, Fiona could do little but struggle to tie her tatter skirts up by her waist so they were less of an impediment and attempt to squeeze in after Jack. She wasn't as broad as he was, so there was a bit more space for her to work with, but not much.

visualspice

Thankfully it didn't take long for the pair to shimmy through the narrow entry way. It did move into a small labyrinth, but it seemed Jack knew where he was going- mostly. He only got lost once and circled back to find his way finally to his destination, and began to move, awkwardly, face first down a ladder.

"Careful on these next steps," he commented. "Don't want you to fall on your pretty little head. Gotta use your hands like your feet and-"

Was he trying to show off? Not that it mattered- because if he was trying to make it appear as if he climbed down a ladder, hands and head first, he was doing apoor job of it as he slipped and began to fall, and landed most uncomfortably on his face in the sewer walks below.

DragonSong

Oh for--

"Jack?" Fiona froze, calling down into the dark. Was he even conscious after a fall like that? "You okay down there?"

visualspice

Jack's groan confirmed he infact, wasn't dead.

"No, no.." he coughed and made a wince as he righted himself. "Well.. mostly okay." He rubbed at the back of his head. He'd be feeling that tomorrow. In fact, he was feeling it right now.

DragonSong

Goodness sakes.

Fiona clambered the last few steps down the ladder until she was on level with him and narrowed her eyes. She could see better in the dark than most, and it wasn't too difficult to make him out.

"Here, lemme see." She reached out to him, trying to coax him down to her so she could look at the back of his head.

visualspice

"I dont think looking at my head is gonna fix it. I'm afraid this hard head is also a lot harder to break than most." Did she forget he was a fighter? And did so.. I'm a ring.. for money?
"I'm sure itll just add to the other lumps I already got back there." Plus he was used to not being fussed over.

DragonSong

"A glass orb that hits the ground a thousand times can still break on the thousand-and-first," Fiona snipped back. "Trust me. I've done it. Now stop being a baby and hold still."

She seemed suddenly much more alert than she had since their encounter with the dragon hunters. Something about focusing her attention on someone else's wellbeing allowed her to forget the threat to her own and the cold terror that had stolen over her.

She passed her fingers gently through his hair, brow furrowed as she skimmed over the bump. "Well, you're not bleeding, so that's good," she murmured. "Unfortunately I don't have much skill with head injuries—fire is about all I've got, and it's only occasionally useful."

She started, then drew her hand back quickly and ducked her head. "That's, um...what it was before. With the net. I can...breathe fire. Sometimes."