Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jack grunted a bit when she fussed at his hair. But he still felt weird about it.  He shrugged as if to internally shrug it off before looking up at her confession.

"Guess that makes sense," he admitted. "Being a dragon girl and stuff."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She laughed. She couldn’t help it—it was more a sound of vaguely hysterical relief than amusement.

“Right. Dragon girl and stuff.”

She chuckled again, then gave herself a little shake and looked around the tunnel they’d wound up in. “So. Where now?”

visualspice

Jack groaned.
"Well give my head a moment, lumps ain't easy to ignore," he touched it with a wince.  "Still tender." With a groan, he looked around and tried to get his bearings.
"Pretty sure we go down that way."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Pretty sure?" Fiona but her lip, then sighed. "Well, I suppose that's better than not a clue." She pressed in against his side as they started off, unwilling to allow much space between them with their path so uncertain.

visualspice

They made it far enough inside the sewers that, while it stunk, it was better than it could be.
"We just need to wait here until morning.  I doubt the guards would be able to recognize us. "

DragonSong

"Lovely," Fiona muttered. But, hells, it was better than being arrested.

Not that it was a high bar.

"Where do we go in the morning?" she asked quietly as they picked their way along. She had no real plan, no idea of what to do next.

...Her mother was probably so worried about her by now...

visualspice

"Probably to get a bath," Jack answered without missing a beat.

DragonSong

Fiona snorted. "Yeah, alright, hard same, but where exactly? Is there anywhere in Connlaoth you're not a wanted man, for example?"

visualspice

"Hey woah woah woah, Wanted Man?" Jack rolled his eyes. "I'm hardly at the top of any wanted list that's for sure."

Those... little incidents aside...

"Besides it ain't like I got a recognizable face."

If anything he could have maybe sorta been handsome, in the 'his nose got punched in a bunch of times' charming way.

DragonSong

"Well, I've seen you get into enough fights out of the ring to know you don't need an actual arrest warrant to be a liability," Fiona pointed out, but there was no real condemnation in her voice. There sort of couldn't be—they were rather stuck with one another for the moment after all.

visualspice

Jack rolled his eyes again.
"Look, hey, it's not my fault some people just deserve a good punch to the face, alright? I'm a victim here too!"

DragonSong

Fiona snorted. "I don't think anger management issues constitutes victimhood, Hack," she pointed out wryly—then Yelp as her foot slid on a loose, damp stone and she nearly toppled sideways into the sewer.

visualspice

"Anger management? Pardon me Miss Dragon but I'm not the one here with a literal hot head. If anything," he rolled his shoulders casually and cracked his neck.  "I'm the cool one, remember?" Although he rarely used it, he was an ice mage. Sometimes even he forgot. He was just getting used to suppressing it.
"And another thing Miss Dragon I- Oh Ansgar's balls, WHY ARE YOU FALLING!" As if she had a choice! He groaned as he stood at the edge looking down at her. He made a face. "You... you got like poop or something stuck to your hair."

DragonSong

“Oh really? Do I? Thank you, Mister Ice Fists of Fury, I hadn’t fucking noticed!” Fiona growled, clambering awkwardly back up onto the stone ledge and trying desperately not to think about what had just happened.

“Fuck, just—can we get somewhere with clean water, please? I’d take a damn rain puddle at this point.”

visualspice

If 'poop' in her hair wasn't enough of a surprise, the thing behind her certainly was. Jack was stammering, trying to interject between Fiona's complaints before he just gave a loud, annoying sigh and grabbed her roughly by the arm, '"Get out of the water now! There's some sorta giant rat thing right behind you!"

DragonSong

"What are you—hey!"

She stumbled as he jerked her out of the water, trying to crane her head to see what in all hells he was talking about.

visualspice

The rat was large and in charge, with a chewed up pair of ears, a crooked snout with pocks of fangs jutting out between curling lips as it scrambled its way after the pair and attempted to bite after Fiona's retreating form.

He was rewarded by a punch to his face, courtesy of Jack.

DragonSong

"What the fuck?!"

Fiona staggered back, kicking out at the creature instinctively, but then her attention was quickly darting about the tunnels. She'd dealt with enough rats back home to know that they were hardly solitary creatures.

"We should move, now!"

visualspice

A blobbing movement of shadows alerted Jack to the same.
But before he could retreat the damn rat lunged forward and bit him, latching onto his arm.

Jack cried out and slammed his fist again and again into the rat's face but it's grip felt permanent.
"God damn mutant sewer rat! Get off my arm!"

DragonSong

What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck.

How did rats even get that big?!

"Hold—damnit, try to hold still!" Fiona tried to grab for the rat that had latched onto his arm and yank it off.

Something large and fuzzy ran over her feet and she jerked back, squealing and kicking out at the half dozen creatures that were harrying her ankles.