Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Hot blood was running down his arms from the stinging bite of the oversized rodent, only further angering Jack until his punches turned into ice. That's right, with one hefty slug of his fist he released an explosion of frosty fury that engulfed the rodent latched to his arm and froze the entire thing solid. A follow up punch forced the frozen beast off his arm in a glittering explosion of frozen rat pieces.

He wasted no time and turned to Fiona.
"You okay?" But he answered his own question with a curse.
"Ansgar's ballsack!" And slammed an icy fist into the first rodent nipping at Fiona's heels.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

With another disgusted, partially fearful squeal, Fiona jumped away from the clustering rats and grabbed for Jack’s uninjured arm to haul him back, halfway behind her own body.

Fuck this.

Colorless eyes glaring, she opened her mouth and spat a stream of white-hot fire at the bundle of squeaking fur.

“Come on!” She spun, pulling Jack along with her as she took off. “Since when in the hells are you that accomplished of a mage?!” What little magic she had seen from him before had never seemed so controlled.

visualspice

Jack glared at the burning rodents as they squealed in pain.  Rolling his shoulders,  he shook out his hand which snuffed out the ice powers coating it.

"Look, mage shmage, do I really gotta explain my lack of usage when we're in the city?" Sewers seemed safe enough. Who the hell else would be down there. "Besides,  you breath fire." As if that made his argument.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I'm half dragon!" Fiona protested—or defended. She wasn't sure which, or if it was really either.

And suddenly, she started laughing.

"We—" She choked on a giggle, panting as they ran. "We really are a pair—aren't we? Fire and ice." She shook her head, vague hysteria building in her chest. "No wonder we're constantly at each other's throats."

visualspice

Jack raised a brow.
"What does fire and ice have to-" but he wasn't paying attention and walked into a wall, face first.  He dropped to knee and clutched his face, swearing... just in time for another fat rat to show up and bite at his leg. And oh did jack scream... for he was pissed. A second later, the rat was toast- or rather a mass of ice once Jack slammed an icy fist into the thing!

DragonSong

"Shit!"

Fiona tried to drag him back to his feet, kicking out blindly in the direction the rat had come from. "We need to get out of these sewers! How many of these fucking things are there?!"

visualspice

Jack groaned as he stood,  his ankle was fine but the damn wound burned.
"Probably hundreds and they carry awful diseases.  So don't let the damn things bite you." And he moved to continue further into the sewer.

DragonSong

"Jack—Jack!" She tried to pull him back, looking around for another way out. "Going further into the sewers just means more rats and more filth and more disease! We need to get back above ground."

visualspice

Jack growled and tried to shake her free of his arm.
"Did you already forget why we're down here? Come on. Rat's don't stand a chance against me. " he went on with a roll of his shoulders.

DragonSong

"And you don't stand a chance against dysentery!" Fiona snapped back. "And you're already covered in bites! And we can't see three feet down here!"

Frustration heated her scales—her blood. A very faint, orangish glow actually started to emanate from the veins in her wrists and neck. She didn't even notice, so irritated and panicked that her attention had narrowed to her companion and nothing else.

visualspice

"Well lighting up your body is one way we can see better. Now come on, we gotta get moving before more rats need a bruisin'."

DragonSong

"Lighting my—"

She glanced down, finally noticed the faint glow, and gave a quiet screech of surprise. As the anger was replaced with shock, the glow faded.

"I—I didn't—I've never done that before! I didn't know I could..."

The light faded entirely. She hissed put a low curse. "Well—fuck! How did I do that?!"

How had she flown for the first time two days ago? How had her anger come to live so close to the surface since she'd met Jack?

Nothing made sense anymore.

visualspice

"Seriously, why would you turn that off now? Now I can't see a damn thing again, " he grumbled.

DragonSong

"I didn't do it on purpose, you jackass!"

The veins in her throat lit up. She froze.

Huh.

"Jack." She snapped her eyes to him, the strange, glassy effect of them reflecting the faint light. "Make me angry."

visualspice

Jack's face scrunched in confusion. "Fiona, we don't have time to exactly fight right now..."

DragonSong

“I don’t know how else to—to make this happen!” She gestured toward herself. The light at her wrists and throat flickered. “You piss me off without even trying usually, come on! Make me angry!”

She took a step into his space. The heat under her scales rolled off her, warming the air around them. Her wings twitched against her back and she had to focus on keeping them still.

visualspice

"Piss you off? Oh ho, wait a second now, dragon doll," Jack began. "Did you ever stop to think it wasn't me but maybe your own impatience?"

DragonSong

"My impatience?! Who starts swinging the moment someone looks at him funny? Who decided to fight those dragon hunters? Who jumped out a damned window when I met him?!"

With that, lines of gold-orange fire lit her body, strongest where her skin was thin and pulsing with a gentle heat.

Instead of trying to control herself, Fiona let it burn. Her eyes flashed and her tail whipped against the ragged cloth twisted around her legs.

"Okay, we can fucking see. Let's move!"

visualspice

"Fucking see? Fucking see about what? And hey, those dragon hunters were after you you know! What was I supposs to do? Just let those guys go?"

DragonSong

"See as in have light to see," Fiona replied with a heavy roll of her eyes. "And yes you should have let them go! Sure they were after me, but they didn't know they were--I don't look like a dragon! We could have just walked away."

She ignored the memory of the visceral terror of that conflict. She didn't have time to break apart just now.

She also ignored that a part of her felt...safer, when Jack had fought them. Like she wasn't alone.

But that was stupid.

The tunnel branched ahead of them and she slowed. "Alright, smartass, this was your idea. Which way?"