Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Anywhere but down!" he shouted. His eyes scowered the land. "There. See where it's all dark across the lake?" It was quite a distance but hey.. it appeared nothing was happening there due to it's lack of light and mass of people. "Get us across there, and fast!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She wasn't sure she had the breath to speak, so she just nodded sharply and banked again, giving sharp, powerful beats of her wings in an effort to move them as fast as she could.

She started losing altitude above the lake, and they'd barely cleared the bank when she gave a little cry and her wings just refused to work properly, forcing her to fan them out in an effort to slow their fall of the last few feet before she hit the ground and rolled. A sharp cry of pain was pulled from her lungs as she felt one wing snap closed, painfully, against her back.

visualspice

The landing wasn't anything graceful, and Jack felt himself land and roll over his own shoulder in a rather painful manner. It took him a few minutes to collect himself, groaning as he popped his shoulder back into place and looked over to Fiona.
"Hey.. you alright?" she looked like a bird that had hit a window. He moved closer to her side.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

The half-dragon whimpered, curling in on herself. Her dress was torn in several places, the rips that her wings had made only widening in flight, and her tail had curved up and ripped several long tears through the skirt.

She raised her head blearily. "I- I think I dislocated my wing," she murmured, face white with shock as her tail twitched back and forth.

visualspice

Jack cringed.
"Bet that hurts like a million gold." He shook his head. "Look, hold still. I can pop it back into place, okay?" And without so much as a warning (since he wasn't much a man for finesse) he placed a boot in the middle of her back and crack. the wing was set back into place.

DragonSong

Fiona screeched, back arching and eyes blowing wide as pain lanced through her. She tried to scramble away, but she was still out of breath and off-kilter, and only managed in getting to her feet just to fall back again.

Panting, she shot him a glare and ground out, "Thank. You." She glanced back over her shoulder, first at her wing, then out across the lake.

"What the hell was that?"

visualspice

"You're welcome." He seemed unphased by her pain. He was too on edge anyways, and was dancing around where he stood, as if ready for a fight. His hands were even in prepared fists at his side.

He glanced across the lake at her question.
"Beats me. But we shouldn't stay anywhere near her longer than we should." He examined her with a frown. "You able to walk any at all?" He really didn't want to have to drag her ass around, though he supposed she just did that with him.

DragonSong

She nodded, and reached her hand up to him. "Help me up? I just...need to get my balance back," she mumbled.

visualspice

He helped her up with one quick, unceremonious pull. She was a bit heavier than she looked, so he helped steady her so she wouldn't fall clean back onto her butt.

"That help at all?" he looked her over, then anxiously over his shoulder. He could still hear the Uthlyn crowds.

DragonSong

"Yeah."

Without missing a beat, she pulled back her arm and slapped him hard across the face. Taking a step back, she straightened what was left of her skirt and said calmly, "That was for not giving me any warning about the wing."

She glanced back at the city, then forward again. "Do we have anywhere to go?"

visualspice

Jack made a face as he held his cheek.
"Hey! Shouldn't you be thanking me for the help!?"

DragonSong

Fiona ignored him primly, though her skirt shifted as her tail twitched back and forth like an angry cat. "We can't go back to the city," she murmured, almost too herself. "Those...those things. What were they?"

visualspice

"I don't know nor do I want to. Guess we should probably pick a direction and just go in it." He made a face. "Can't say it'd be wise to remain anywhere near Uthlyn." Which included not going back to his home. Who knew who'd steal it this time.

DragonSong

"Then where?" She wrapped her arms around herself, shivering slightly as the shock of the situation really started to set in.

visualspice

"Why are you asking me? How should I know? It's not like I knew the whole town was going to go crazy! Hell, if I knew that I would have just stayed at your mom's."

DragonSong

Fiona's trembling grenmore violent and she bit her lip. "Then wh-what... Should we go back?"

As terrifying as Uthlyn had been, she balked at the idea of returning to her mother's home.

visualspice

Jack made a face.
"It's kinda far,.. but I guess we could." He gave a shrug. "Why? You have any better ideas?"

DragonSong

She shrugged, then shook her head, eyes lowered.

"I don't want to go back," she mumbled, voice thick. Oh great, now she was crying. She scowled at her feet.

visualspice

"Well my home's off limit so looks like we just gotta pick a direction and move!"
If he had been effected by her crying, it didn't appear so. He simply cracked his neck and gave a roll of his shoulders before saying, "Come on. We shouldn't rest for too long here. Who knows how fast the craziness will spread."

DragonSong

Fiona gulped a breath and wiped at her eyes. She needed to get a hold of herself. "Okay. Which way then?" Her voice was still a little rough, but her eyes were sharp as she looked up to him.